Villas in Aug-discounts?

LisaMc

Mouseketeer
I was trying to price out some of the discounted villas for the summer. My husband and I are trying to get his best friend and family to join us in WDW this year. The rack rate is $545 for a 2 bedroom. Do they discount those 40% with a code or AP? Does any one know what the rates went for last year with any discounts? Thanks.

I'd rent points from a DVC owner, as that would probably be less expensive... JMO, but I'd go to the rent/trade board at this site and see what kind of a deal you'd get this way. If you're going in, say August, for a week to BCV or WLV, I would estimate it would cost you about $3,150 thru a DVC owner vs. $3,815 + tax (minus whatever discount you could get thru AP or codes) if you went thru Disney. If you could get a 2-bedroom standard view at BWV or OKW, it would be less expensive than the above.

Hope this helps,
Sarah

I may be wrong but I didnt think you could get AP discounts on Villas... occasionally I have heard of other discounts being offered but the availability of Villas to non DVC members is limited.

Planning on waiting for a discount of a DVC room is risky business. Disney only retains 4% of the rooms to use for non-DVC ressies. They do obtain more by members trading their points out for various uses, but that wouldn't increase room occupancy my much. I can't recall seeing any of the DVC resorts recently on the code rates, I did last year, but not so far for the last batch of code for the fall of 2002 and the more recent codes. Your best bet is renting points from a DVC owner to get a cost savings on DVC accomdations. Visit the Rent/Trade board here on the DIS. You'll be able to lock in the accomdations you're looking for and not having to worry about a code rate, for really not much savings. Also, just so you know, in the 2 bedroom villas there is a disparity between the two bedrooms. One has a king bed, with a HUGE tub and large shower. The second bedroom will have one queen bed with a pull out sofa and a regular bathroom. WLV and BCV have a FEW dedicated 2 bedrooms which would eliminate the pull out sofa for a 2nd queen bed. Sharing these type of accomdations would be difficult to split down the middle, since one couple would definately get more luxurious accomdations than the other. You'd have to work out something out for the couple who was getting the master bedroom vs the other couple getting the regular room.

I've seen Code or AP rates on Mousesavers for OKW, but not the other DVC resorts. OKW is the largest DVC resort and usually has more vacancies. Their 2 bedrooms are also much larger than the other DVC resorts. The second bedrooms all have 2 queens.

Here's my experience renting points:

Last April or so we hooked up with a DVC owner who had to rent his "banked" points by November or lose them. He let us rent his points for $8 per point (which is a bargain - generally speaking points go for $10 per) and it roughly cost us $249 per night for 5 weekday nights at Beach Club Villas the last weekend of Sept. thru the first week of Oct. This was for a luxurious 2 bedroom with a full kitchen, washer/dryer, king bed with jacuzzi tub. The second bedroom is separated by the kitchen/living area and has a queen bed and a dbl. sleeper sofa with it's own good-sized bathroom. The living area has a dbl. sleeper sofa, also, so the villa sleeps 8 altogether.

If you're making the arrangements, I would take the master bedroom and split the cost with you paying just slightly more than the other couple. The second bedroom is by no means shabby. It is large, has it's own television, table and chairs and a view (with a balcony, I think - don't remember). The bathroom area has a dbl. sink vanity separate from the toilet/bathtub.

This was our best and most memorable experience at WDW so far and largely due to the accomodations.

I managed to get two 2-bedroom villas at BCV with a discount (for early September) through the Disney Club. I had tried several different modes, and a friend suggested the DC; thank goodness, it was before they stopped accepting memberships.

One of them will be used by our daughter and SIL and their three kidlets; the other one we will share with out son and DIL. It would be nice if the family of five actually got 2 queen-sized beds in the second bedroom, but not necessary. Son and DIL are accustomed to a queen, and it looks like they might get a balcony that we don't get in our master bedroom(?).

We are getting so excited, and it's still several months away!

I hate to pry, but how much per night was the 2 bedroom villa with the DC discount? Thanks.

It's not prying at all, but I don't know the answer in dollars and cents. I got two 2-bedroom villas and Ultimate Park Hopper Passes for 7 nights for 6 adults, one child and one "Junior" (DreamMaker Package) for a total of $11,357 not including air. Disney said they don't deal with Northwest, and that would be our nonstop flight, so I booked that part through American Express. I do know that AmEx had quoted me about $1500 more for the same thing.

With three kids, stroller, carseat, and my DIL being blind, I didn't want to make the plane change in Atlanta, so NW was our only option.

DH had given me a budget figure that he had NO expectation of me managing, and I was able to throw in the Silver DreamMaker upgrade and still come in under his figure. He is proud of me.

Edit...Lisa, my brother lives in Hendersonville, I think. We aren't really close. I'm in Memphis.

FWIW - I "priced" out 2 - 2 bed BCV during mid-Aug if you rent points at $10/per which is about the going rate right now. It's 350 points for 7 nights for $7000 and 7 adult 7-day UPH's with 1 child's UPH purchased in advance is apprx. $2849. Comes out to around $9849. If other extra's in the DreamMaker pkg. are valued at less than $1500, then renting points from a DVC'er is not a bad deal at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter