villa rates

NicsMom1500

Mouseketeer
Can anyone share the rates for value season at any of the villa locations? Especially interested in the boardwalk or beach club villas.

We are considering a 1 or 2 bedroom villa for our trip in January 2004. I'd like to get an idea of rates (especially any secured with a discount code) before I get my heart set on staying in a villa. And I can't find any info as of now (boo hoo).

Thanks!

The best rates you will find on a villa would be renting points from a DVC member. Availability at any of the sold out DVC resorts will be very limited. The sold out resorts are Boardwalk, Wilderness Lodge and Old Key West. Beach Club Villas still hasn't sold out, so they have slightly more cash availability than the others. Since the villas are DVC resorts, Disney only retains 4% of the points, thus showing the low availability for cash ressies. You are wanting to go in Jan 2004, renting points from a DVC member would enable you to make ressies in Feb 2003. Points usually rent for approx $10 per point, here are the amounts you'd pay for each resort for a full week:

Old Key West 1 Bedroom $1600 2 bedroom $2180
Boardwalk standard view 1 bedroom $1620 2 bedroom $2220
All the remaining properties, Wilderness Lodge, Beach Club Villas and Boardwalk Preferred View are: 1 Bedroom $2000 2 Bedroom $2700.

Please keep in mind that points per night differ from weekday(sun - Thurs) to weekends, so you can't just divide by 7 to get a nightly rate. Visit the Rent/Trade board here on the Dis if you're interested. Also, these amounts are very similar to any rates you'd see with a code.

Rack rate for a 1 bedroom at BWV is $390 2003 rates (value season)

It is much more economical to rent points from a DVC member to stay. I am staying in a studio for 5 nights (including 2 weekend nights) for 80 points, translates to about $800 if rented. a 1 bedroom would be about double.

We rented points in Spetember for a 2 bedroom and a studio for 5 weeknights. It was about $1600. Worth it!!

Try the DVC rental board. There are always people trying to rent points. If you want a specific resort, the sooner you rent the better. Good luck!

Here's another supporter of renting DVC points. We had a great experience this past Sept/Oct renting from a DVC'er - 5 nights, 2 bedroom for what amounted to $249 per night. It's the best kept secret of WDW!! The value in doing this almost makes it feel illegal when others are paying rack rate for the same rooms. I'm so glad to see more and more interest in point rental as it is a win/win solution for both the renter and rentee.

I have to agree. When looking into DVC OCt 2001 I rented some points for Jan 2002 at OKW and paid under $200 for four nights in a studio. Of course we fell in love with the resort and DVC so we bought in that trip.

Mike

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter