Villa advice please!

arieliwish

I've got gadgets and gizmos a-plenty,
Hi all,

Trying to plan 2019 and realised that it might be 6 of us for the first time (kid's partners!) as it's for my 50th in June, so the costs for hotels or DVC are quite a lot!! So I've started looking at villas for the first time and am completely lost!

Any advice on area or who to book through would be greatly appreciated. I'm thinking of Windsor Hills kind of distance (not sure if any closer to WDW??) and we plan on visiting WDW / Disney Springs / Crossroads restaurants more than anywhere else. We will get a car but probably use lyft quite a bit too.

It's meant to be planned for mid June but might move to end August if prices are silly - any experience of crowds mid June anyone??

Cheers!
x

Hi

We have booked successful trips through Homeaway before.
Our trip in August is staying in this villa - https://www.homeaway.co.uk/p176693?uni_id=471791#summary.
We always go in the last two weeks of August. It still very hot but the American schools start to go back to school and the crowds are lighter. Sorry I can't help with June crowds.

Hope that helps.

WH is very near to Disney and I like the community. We have stayed in a condo and the THs there.However it isn't that near the Crossroads restaurants if you plan to eat on your way home, although there is plenty of choice not far from WH on the 192 West, such as Millers Ales house, Bahama Breeze, Olive Garden, Texas Roadhouse etc.

A lot of people like WBC which is near the Epcot area and you can get 2 and 3 bedroom condos.

Other places near WH that we have stayed at are Emerald a Island and Windsor Palms. We have booked using VRBO, or from the villa section on The Dibb (hope I can point op to this site).

we re booked to go back to windsor hills this august. been once before and loved it. did consider others but its positionis great and we knew what we were getting. booked through airbnb

Thank you! Have asked for a few quotes for some places in June and August, so we can compare. I would love to be there for my actual birthday but we've always gone Aug/Sep so feel comfortable with the crowds and weather then.

Have you looked at IPG Florida Vacation Homes ...... loads of other Villa areas .

You have a car .... so use it ....... to eat out ( Many places ... as pointed out ... on Hwy 192 going West to Hwy 27 )

Go and drive to an airboat trip ..... Midway airboats at Christmas on Hwy 50 going towards Titisville .

How long are you planning to stay there? If two weeks or so, you might consider getting one annual pass so that parking is free (instead of $20-25 a day) if you are staying off property.

We always stay in a villa because we don't really like people :)

We have booked with virgin holidays but prefer tui and will be using them from now on. Mid june 2018 on tui is about £600 pp atm with flights, car and villa. We were going to go in june 2019 because of how much the price had dropped for june this year but looked at crowd levels and changed our minds. There are also 6 of us going. Me, dh, dd23, dd19 and their boyfs. We have instead opted for september 2019. We've been in september before and crowds were minimal. It's not as cheap as june but I'd rather it was quiet.

We're going to book round about this time next year

Hope some of this helps

Oh the only thing we don't find good about tui is that it's always a nightmare trying to get our pool heating on for our arrival. If anyone has any tips on that I'd be grateful

KK

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter