Viking Cruise "Viking Sky" Sends Mayday

I've been mulling going on a cruise next April on this very ship. I guess that will not be happening!

They will get it fixed and you might get a better price than you would of got.
Viking is a very expensive premium cruise line. Their website doesn't even have a tab for discounts or deals. :laughing: Somehow I would have expected better from them but I guess things happen. We had to get tugged into shore once when a ship we were on had the propulsion systems conk, but that was Carnival and it came as no big shock. :rolleyes1

They will get it fixed and you might get a better price than you would of got.
I'd be happy for a discount! To afford this I'll have to pare down or cancel other annual vacation plans which was the big sticking point of pulling the trigger on booking.

That looked pretty scary for the location it was in. I said to my DH - nope, not cruising Norway!

I get Viking emails frequently with deals. I had been casually looking mostly at river cruises. We don't even cruise Disney cruises because they are so expensive! Have done a few Royal Caribbean.

My inlaws have taken several Viking Cruises. I am under the impression that they mostly cater to senior citizens (my in laws are in their 70s and MIL is not very mobile.)

My inlaws have taken several Viking Cruises. I am under the impression that they mostly cater to senior citizens (my in laws are in their 70s and MIL is not very mobile.)
Quoting myself here, but yep...just did some googling and while they used to allow children under the age of 12, last year they announced they would now have a minimum age of 18. An article I saw also stated that Viking specifically targets those that are 50+.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!