Vietnam, Cambodia Laos August 2019 (and a IRL DIS meetup)

Has anyone done flights with Emirates through Dubai? There are nonstop flights to Dubai from US with a free stopover, then continue on to HCMC. That's only 1 stop instead of 2. Very tempting but seems like a longer way to go. Also I have no experience with Emirates. Thoughts on this route?

Has anyone done flights with Emirates through Dubai? There are nonstop flights to Dubai from US with a free stopover, then continue on to HCMC. That's only 1 stop instead of 2. Very tempting but seems like a longer way to go. Also I have no experience with Emirates. Thoughts on this route?
I think they are a great airline and sounds like a good idea. We just went with United because we had miles/status that we were using to upgrade (but that totally ended up backfiring).

We recently flew Emirates from DC through Dubai to Bangkok (not the same route, but a long trip). We met friends in Bangkok who left DC flying West and it was almost exactly the same time-wise. Flying Emirates was a great experience. We were able to upgrade using transferred miles so I am sure that influences my opinion, but their planes are nice and by all accounts their economy product compares favorably to others. We had about 90 minutes in Dubai on our way there and transferred very easily, and on the way back we decided to take a 24 hour layover to see a little bit of Dubai. There is a terminal hotel that is great - your stay is 24 hours from when you check in, so we were able to check in very late at night/early morning, sleep and then head into the city from about 11 am to 9 pm, go back to our room, shower, change and pack and relax before a 2 am flight home. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!