Vienam/Cambodia/Laos ABD-- Happy to answer questions!

I believe SE Asia has one less flight and the flights are shorter. I liked the food options more in SE Asia. China has more bucket list items, but I enjoyed the experiences a bit more in SE Asia. SE Asia felt more off the beaten path and exotic which I prefer. SE Asia is more hot and humid in the summer. Basically like Hong Kong.
China is amazing. I’ve done 2 versions of the ABD there. However, I’d have to give my vote for SE Asia. I’d love to return in some form whether on the ABD or on my own.
Good to hear you enjoyed this trip. We are signed up for next July. I’m just a bit concerned about the long flight time back home, but the trip seems interesting.

We took the SE Asia ABD last Christmas and I'm happy to answer any questions about the trip! It was an AMAZING ABD and I would encourage everyone to give it a go!! <3
Will follow the thread. Thanks for all the info! We are signed up for SE Asia next July. I am just wondering if winter may be more pleasant time (weather wise) than July. We are keeping it for now and reading more reviews. The other option was perhaps Japan, but of course, no reviews on that.

For those of you who have been on this trip, I have a kind of off-the-wall question for you. :) We are going next August, and it will be just before my daughter's senior year of high school. She has asked whether it might be possible to do her senior portraits while we're there, and I love the idea, but I'm trying to figure out whether it would be logistically possible...any thoughts? I have thought about maybe adding an extra day at the end in Cambodia if needed, if I could find someone who would do pictures at the temples...is that even allowed? Maybe having an outfit made for her in Hoi An to use in the pictures. If finding a photographer is an insurmountable task, maybe just using my own camera but trying to find a way to get some good pictures...if that turns out to be the case I'm wondering if we'll already have enough on-our-own time in Cambodia that we wouldn't need to add an extra day. Sorry, I know this post became full of my wandering ideas, but I'm just wondering if those of you that have been there think this is even a reasonable thing to attempt to accomplish.
Thanks!

For those of you who have been on this trip, I have a kind of off-the-wall question for you. :) We are going next August, and it will be just before my daughter's senior year of high school. She has asked whether it might be possible to do her senior portraits while we're there, and I love the idea, but I'm trying to figure out whether it would be logistically possible...any thoughts? I have thought about maybe adding an extra day at the end in Cambodia if needed, if I could find someone who would do pictures at the temples...is that even allowed? Maybe having an outfit made for her in Hoi An to use in the pictures. If finding a photographer is an insurmountable task, maybe just using my own camera but trying to find a way to get some good pictures...if that turns out to be the case I'm wondering if we'll already have enough on-our-own time in Cambodia that we wouldn't need to add an extra day. Sorry, I know this post became full of my wandering ideas, but I'm just wondering if those of you that have been there think this is even a reasonable thing to attempt to accomplish.
Thanks!

We’ve used flytogropher in the past. I see they have photographers in Saigon. I would definitely arrange any photo shoot on a pre or post day.

Thanks!
A friend told me about Flytographer. You can book a photographer in different countries. I don’t know much about it myself, but perhaps it will help you. :)

Thanks!

Which August trip are you on?

We're on the August 4th departure.
So are we... unless something comes up with one of the kids' schedules and we need to switch up the dates. If you're unable to make something work with a local photographer I can probably do some photos with your daughter if we have some free time (I'm a pro photographer).

I speak french, and in one of my college french classes we learned about Vietnam, they call it Indochine, and how it was occupied by France until the 50s. Do many people still speak french in the area? I usually try to learn the language of the country I'm visiting, but after slogging through Icelandic I'm not sure how feasible that will be for me anymore.
Thanks!

I understand that due to French legacy in Vietnam, it still possible to locally purchase a very good baguette and may be a croissant.

-Paul

I understand that due to French legacy in Vietnam, it still possible to locally purchase a very good baguette and may be a croissant.

My favorite Vietnamese restaurant serves delicious croissants, which was a little confusing the first time we went! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!