VIDEO: Comparing Disney Cruise Line, Royal Caribbean, and Celebrity | 01/22/18

I found the timing of this episode to be highly appropriate for me. I am currently in a hotel in Miami waiting to embark on the Celebrity Equinox tomorrow on a Western Caribbean iteniary. It was one of the best episodes in awhile and I really enjoyed the comparisons since in the next year I will be trying each cruise line in the next year.

I absolutely love Celebrity. This will be my fourth cruise with the line and everything Tracey talks about that she enjoys about Celebrity is exactly the same things I enjoy about the line.

I found the timing of this episode to be highly appropriate for me. I am currently in a hotel in Miami waiting to embark on the Celebrity Equinox tomorrow on a Western Caribbean iteniary. It was one of the best episodes in awhile and I really enjoyed the comparisons since in the next year I will be trying each cruise line in the next year.

I absolutely love Celebrity. This will be my fourth cruise with the line and everything Tracey talks about that she enjoys about Celebrity is exactly the same things I enjoy about the line.
Have a wonderful trip! And every line in the next year - wow - color me jelly!! :)

We have never cruised before but have our first (Disney) next month. My kids are still young but Tracey really made me want to try Celebrity some day

For Family Cruises... Especially for kids 4+ years old... Disney is the PERFECT first cruise, and you will be spoiled on the child front.

My first cruise was on Celebrity... and that spoiled me so much having gourmet signature dining in the main dining room. I was expecting to be blown away by the food on a Disney ship, but much like theme park food... The dining isn't as much about the quality of the food, but more so quality of the restaurant. Disney DOES offer signature dining in PALO and REMY, but I had no clue that I need to do them to have that gourmet experience at sea.

The other tension for me on a Disney cruise... is that while the shows are said to be 'Broadway' quality... They are in reality THEME PARK quality... I Love 'Mickey and the magical map' at Disneyland, and I would compare the golden mickeys to that - NOT broadway... Think Frozen or aladdin on Broadway...They don't use characters in suits in those shows for a reason, and all of the cruise line shows are anamorphic characters dancing.

The production quality is great, and possibly better than some cheap Las Vegas knock off shows on other cruise lines...

Really excited Tracey has opened the Celebrity World to the Dis community. I'm possibly planning on trying Royal Caribbean on my next cruise, but I know going in that I will need to go ahead and book and be prepared to pay for the good dining.

Celebrity does sound intriguing. I wondered if they would consider it for a future Dis cruise.
Interesting thought. I'm wondering how it would stack up for the typical DIS cruisers. Obviously DCL is a big draw for a DIS cruise. And they've gotten a good turn out for the two on the Oasis. I think the price difference between DCL and RCL is a big factor in attracting DIS'ers to a podcast cruise on RCL, combined with a large variety of leisure time options on the Oasis.

I'll have to cruise on Celebrity to see if I agree with Tracey... :sail:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter