Victoria and Albert's with T(w)eens

thekaz

Earning My Ears
Hey all -

So, the wife and I have been to V&A's several times before, but this time, we'd like to take our kids (15 & 12). I am not looking for comments on money (we are okay with the cost) the food (our kids are used to eating a variety and fine dining) or time (they won't be disruptive or be on their phones)...

We would like to go because we think they would appreciate the experience and food and we have a lot to celebrate as a family.

I guess I am just looking for people who can share their experiences (surprisingly, Google wasn't much help) and how the other diners and restaurant staff seemed to react to kids being there... I honestly cannot remember if there were teens there any of the times we've gone.

Thanks in advance!

I haven’t eaten there, but I would certainly take my kids if they wanted to go.

I might be concerned about the length of the meal (I’ve heard 4 hours), but the staff could probably pick up the pacing if asked.

Sorry I can’t be more help. Have a lovely meal!

I can't help either, but unless your children are going to be crawling under other diners' tables or playing food and robbers throughout the dining room, them being there shouldn't concern anybody else. I would expect other diners to be aware of the age restriction and not be surprised or upset.

I've seen a few tweens/teens at V&A over the years and since yours are used to fine dining it won't be an issue at all. The staff will be excellent and would probably rather deal with well-mannered young people than with more "challenging" adult customers! Especially ones who might have enjoyed their wine a bit too much.

You might even get extra-special treatment! At any rate, you can be certain that the staff won't be condescending, which is certainly NOT the case at some top-dollar places. They seem to be able to "read" their patrons better than almost any restaurant I've been to.

As a diner, it makes me especially happy to see youngsters enjoying a fine-dining experience. I can only recall one instance where children disrupted other diners at a $$$$$ restaurant (in Chicago). But these were very young kids, which can't happen at V&A.

Hey all -

So, the wife and I have been to V&A's several times before, but this time, we'd like to take our kids (15 & 12). I am not looking for comments on money (we are okay with the cost) the food (our kids are used to eating a variety and fine dining) or time (they won't be disruptive or be on their phones)...

We would like to go because we think they would appreciate the experience and food and we have a lot to celebrate as a family.

I guess I am just looking for people who can share their experiences (surprisingly, Google wasn't much help) and how the other diners and restaurant staff seemed to react to kids being there... I honestly cannot remember if there were teens there any of the times we've gone.

Thanks in advance!

Took our DGD (then age 13) to the restaurant last T-Day. We ate in the QVR, and she was treated by staff like the mini adult she is in everyone else's mind;). She tried caviar for the first time with the encouragement of the other guests at the table next to us. It was a wonderful evening and her father wants to know when I'm taking him. Told him it doesn't work like that anymore and I'm waiting for him to take me:flower::duck:.

Bring your children and continue the learning.

Last edited:
We took both of our kids there when they were beween 12 and 17. They LOVED it. Thought it was the greatest meal ever.
They are foodies and adventurous when it comes to food.
If they have been to nice restaurants and enjoyed it, I would take them to V&A and enjoy the evening.

It will be one of the meals they compare others too for the rest of their lives. We went when my kids were 11 and 9 and they talk about it often still (3 years later).

The first time I went to V&A I was 14 or 15 many many years ago, and it was such an amazing experience, definitely recommend it! I still have the menu and the rose I was given at the end of the meal! I don't recall feeling like I was treated any differently because I was a teen, but then again I never really felt I was at all the restaurants we ate at.

Hope you all have a fantastic time!

Our son "graduated" from the Neverland Club directly to Victoria and Albert's. He knew the expectations for behavior and was appropriately adventurous in his meal choices with input from "Victoria and Albert." No one is kinder or more wonderful that Israel Perez, the Maitre de hotel and sommelier. It will be a wonderful experiences. We are whisking our son down to celebrate his finishing graduate school in May--it's a surprise!

Go for it! You know your kids best so if you feel like it's the right time to take them, do it and savor the experience. Our kids are a long way off from being old enough to go but we would not hesitate to take them if they were old enough and we felt like they were ready.

My parents brought my brother and I to V&A as children, not even Tweens (I am now 36). We knew how to behave and did what was expected of us. We were always pretty adventurous eaters, so we had no issue with the food and no one ever said anything to my parents. We also went to the now retired Empress Lily several times and to the Top of the World many times (now CG). You know your kids. If they are good and will enjoy it, don't let anyone else ruin your good time.

ETA: Rules of behavior were discussed ahead of time and the only one who ever spilled at fancy placed was my dad, never us kids lol.

We've only been to V&A's twice. Once there was a younger child (probably a tween) there. Didn't affect the experience at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter