Via Napoli on DDP

We ate there on Monday. I was fine with the way they handle the DDP. My issue was that the have a pizza kitchen and a regular kitchen and the timing is not the same. My food was almost 20 minutes ahead of the guys pizza. They ask me if this was ok but when I said I wanted my food to wait and come out with the pizza they said that was not an option. It was our first visit and not a repeat for us.
Which is especially insane when you consider that this is a pizza style that the pizza should take, literally, under 2 minutes in the oven.

Ah so I assume if you were at any other non-buffet you would order two individual entrees for four to share or similar? I was only thinking of it in terms of you either order one entree per person or an entree for four to share between four. I've never wanted to order fewer single serving entrees than guests in my party. But then we travel as a couple so two of us have one entree each.

We do it all the time. Order three entrees and appy/salads for five people. I am not complaining about portions being big. We like it, and it gives us a chance to try different things. But the problem lies, for many, with 10-year-olds being considered adults. Many of these "adults" don't eat half entree. Especially when it is hot. We like to cool off with a sitdown meal. If we are stuffed afterwards, how are we going to eat dole whips, mickey bars, mickey pretzels and the like?

Will they let you buy a kids meal for a 10 year old out of pocket and pay for the rest with dining plan credits? No sharing just not wanting to waste an adult credit paying for a kids meal.

Everything I've read says that you should definitely dine here but it doesn't make sense to use your dining plan, just play out of pocket and save your dining credits for a more expensive dinner elsewhere. But best pizza at the park!! I'm looking forward to it!

Normally I wouldn't ask such a ridiculous question. However since they are very strict on the dining plan I will ask any way. We are planning on dining there. We have 5 people. All 5 of us are planning on ordering an off the menu individual pizza non alcoholic drink and a dessert and using 5 credits. In addition we are planning on paying out of pocket for a salad for 5 and possibly an appetizer. Would sharing all of this be possible?

Normally I wouldn't ask such a ridiculous question. However since they are very strict on the dining plan I will ask any way. We are planning on dining there. We have 5 people. All 5 of us are planning on ordering an off the menu individual pizza non alcoholic drink and a dessert and using 5 credits. In addition we are planning on paying out of pocket for a salad for 5 and possibly an appetizer. Would sharing all of this be possible?

Yes - you are ordering your allowable dining plan entitlements and using the right amount of credits. I don't think they will care who or how you actually eat the food.

As long as you used a credit for each person at the table, then you are free to eat it however you want.

We are using the DDP for the first time in Feb 2018. Via Napoli has awesome pizza but was ruled out due to the fact that we like to get the big pizza to share. Also the service is not so hot. Now DD wants to eat there. So we have decided to do it the last day OOP.

In my opinion via Napoli has authentic delicious Italian food and is worth it. We were on the deluxe plan and it is a lot of food per person but it's so delicious we were licking the plates clean. Their restrictions would not stop me from going. My kids and I almost finished the entire individual pizzas and we also had appetizers and desserts.

Does anyone know if you can share a pizza on the DDP if you also order something else for everyone who is not using a credit? For example, can I order a calamari app with cash, and my husband uses 1 credit to order a pizza and dessert, and then we split all 3 courses?
Yes you can do this. I've done this many times.

Nope. They won't let you do that.
I've done that and it was totally fine. Two people at a table, one paying cash, the other dining plan...its allowed.

Everything I've read says that you should definitely dine here but it doesn't make sense to use your dining plan, just play out of pocket and save your dining credits for a more expensive dinner elsewhere. But best pizza at the park!! I'm looking forward to it!
I dont understand why people dont think its a good idea to use the DP at Via. I really dont. Your allowed one of the four individual pizza's....OR if you dont want pizza, your allowed a regular entree (pasta, chicken parm etc). Plus dessert, plus drink. No you cant order/share a large pizza, but so what? you have four individual pizza's to choose from. You can each get that, and share. But If you dont like any of the four pizza's offered OR the entree's listed on the menu, thats a different story.

Can I order anything other then pizza? Dh like the pasta their.
YES! Their pasta is incredible! Esp the candele pasta. Its my fave dish there. :goodvibes

Last edited:
Will they let you buy a kids meal for a 10 year old out of pocket and pay for the rest with dining plan credits? No sharing just not wanting to waste an adult credit paying for a kids meal.
i've done this with my DS at via and I didnt have any issues.

I dont understand why people dont think its a good idea to use the DP at Via

It's the cost. You can order one of the larger pizzas to share along with an app and/or dessert, and when you divide the cost, it's not much more and can be less than what you would pay at a QS. Yes, if on DDP, everyone can get their regular entitlements just like anywhere else, and you can make it cost effective, but many of us think of pizza as a sharing type thing and doing that at VN is a relatively cheap alternative for some good pizza.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter