VGF Take it or Leave it?

Royal Consort

DIS Veteran
I am already a DVC member with addonitis. VGF has always been my preferred villa but I have shied away as we travel in Oct-Nov and only ever need studios for the two of us. I have been making offers for a 100 point add-on that I want to use as a split stay with our other home resort. My question is, is it worthwhile or will I only be disappointed after spending so much to be locked out of studios at the 11 month mark in the Fall?

If VGF is going to cost a premium without much luck in the Fall, I could always look at BLT even though it isn't my favourite.

I used to travel to VGF during the first 2 weeks of December and would book a Standard View Studio. It seemed like they were gone within minutes after 8:00 a.m. I think people are walking the reservations so it makes it more difficult, but if you are on line at 8 on the dot you can usually get it. I don't waste any time adding additional names during the booking, I just call member services and add my daughters name later.

You might be locked out in the fall at 11 months if you only want a studio. If you want a one bedroom, you'd have a better chance of booking one.

Why not just walk the reservation as everyone else. I mean if it’s a desirable location and date it might be worth it.

VGF has so few studios that this seems pretty risky. I don't want to play games like walking and so on, ugh. Especially when paying a premium for VGF points. I'd just go Poly.

Because it would be sad to spend something like $20,000 and then still have to play those stressful games?
I understand your feeling however VGF is a popular resort and December is a popular time. Most resorts which fall into that category will have the same kind of problem.

if you want insurance that the resort have availability in early December you need to buy somewhere else. I actually think that most resorts have availability problems in early December for studios.

I have never tried for Oct-Nov, there may be a time there that is really difficult to book like Thanks giving week. But unless you are only able to go during a few difficult times and have no flexibility, the 11 month widow should allow you to book most if not all of the time.

We don’t have a lot of VGF points and for our 2020 trip, I decided to go in November and got the studio. We will miss The gingerbread house, and the great decorations. For the previous 4-5 years of ownership we were able to get a studio in December, probably after they were walked. It is a stressful purchase and one of the reasons I wish DVC would curtail walking.

We don’t have a lot of VGF points and for our 2020 trip, I decided to go in November and got the studio. We will miss The gingerbread house, and the great decorations. For the previous 4-5 years of ownership we were able to get a studio in December, probably after they were walked. It is a stressful purchase and one of the reasons I wish DVC would curtail walking.
Problem is that a lot of people want to go in December and since the number of rooms are already limited far from every can get one.

IMO I don’t see a problem. If you want to go in December and can’t get a studio then book a 1br. If you have to have a studio then book at a different time.

if you want to increase your chances then you need to walk.

Personally I don’t have a problem with walking and if my VGF contract passes rofr I would walk my reservation if I decided to go during a high demand time. I do the same already with by BWV when I want to ensure I get a standard view studio.

There may be fixed weeks still available thru Disney forDecember. Inquire about those. That is the only stress free way to guarantee you will have a reservation in December.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!