• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

VGF studios - shower privacy?

angey77

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know if the VGF have anything to shield your body from the rest of the family running around the studio other than a glass door?
All pics I see so far just have a glass door, and if that is the case, that shower will be going unused for a week. I'm actually considering packing a cheap tension rod and curtain, anything for some privacy, if needed.

The bathroom in the studio has 2 parts with a lockable door in the middle and 2 doors to the rest of the studio. One side has the shower stall and a sink the other side has the toilet and sink. I don't think it however has a sink. There is a pocket door in the middle of the bathroom so both sides can be used at once as well as pocket doors to the rest of the studio from both sides.

I am staying there right now, it is beautiful! The side with the toilet does not have a sink, but a bathtub. So actually two people could shower at the same time, both in separate rooms. The three doors can be locked.

There are solid pocket doors both to the living area and dividing the bathroom areas. Privacy will not be an issue

Here's a layout for the VGF studios:

VGFstudiofloorplan_zps65c39e8d.jpg

You can see the pocket doors separating each bath area from the main studio, as well as the pocket door separating the tub/toilet area from the shower/sink area.

Here's my related question: if the door separating the two bath areas is lockable, is it lockable both ways? If so, I assume that there's some sort of latch on both sides?

Here's my related question: if the door separating the two bath areas is lockable, is it lockable both ways? If so, I assume that there's some sort of latch on both sides?

No, I believe the door separating the two bath areas is only lockable from the room with the toilet - at least, that's what I recall.

Thanks everyone! We checked in today and are loving it! And we do have the privacy we wanted!

I am staying there right now, it is beautiful! The side with the toilet does not have a sink, but a bathtub. So actually two people could shower at the same time, both in separate rooms. The three doors can be locked.

I can't seem to pull up a good picture does the tub side have a shower attached to it. It looks like only a tub?

I can't seem to pull up a good picture does the tub side have a shower attached to it. It looks like only a tub?
The tub does have a shower and curtain as well.
Privacy worked out wonderful for us, BTW. My husband would shower and have that and the sink locked off, and then I could bathe our son and have access to the toilet. Worked great for time!

We just checked out after 4 nights in VGF studio last night. I feel the bathroom is one of the really strong features of those rooms. As mentioned the tub (with shower included) has a curtain and is on same side as toilet. The sink is on same side as the shower (which is a very nice shower). If you are willing to use the kitchenette sink to wash your hands then I see no privacy issues whatsoever

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter