VGF Handicap/ADA studio room 1428-offered a $200 credit/no other room available

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personal opinion - just say no. My dear wife and I have BEEN in one of these, at WL.

They are wonderful - if you are handicapped. If you are not? We suspect you will be less than pleased.

Confused. If resort is full and you just say no, what are you planning to do?

Too bad DVC does not have it as a booking category. Wyndham does and you know ahead of time that is what you are getting.
It is a booking category if you need one. But not a booking category if you don't.

Points are sold for the ADA rooms based on 365 occupancy. However, it is challenging to assume that someone with a disability will be booking it all 365 days. At a small resort like VGF, it's either let people decide how desperate they are to book, or make it assignable.

For operational reasons, making it assignable is more effective.

Confused. If resort is full and you just say no, what are you planning to do?
One effectively said yes when they decided to play in the timeshare sandbox and made a reservation.

We've been lucky enough to not get a HA DVC room but have had the HA rooms for regular resort bookings before we had DVC. We didn't like them at all but didn't really have much choice when checking in late to a fully booked resort. It's not just DVC.

Well - if a DVC member? Make room requests that are antithetical to a room of this ilk.
I won't repeat the right requests here. To do so causes issues for us.

Now - if stuck with one? Well, deal with it. Closet space will be minimal. Shower will leak all over the floor. "Safe" is not really safe. But just like us? You will live :).

I wasn't asking for myself, I was trying to understand the thought process behind someone saying, "just say no" because resorts are sometimes full when you arrive; I wondered what Plan B was under such a philosophy. It's not my personal philosophy.

I wasn't asking for myself, I was trying to understand the thought process behind someone saying, "just say no" because resorts are sometimes full when you arrive; I wondered what Plan B was under such a philosophy. It's not my personal philosophy.
The answer is someone has to get those rooms. Asking to change is reasonable but demanding is not. As I said above, we ALL made the decision to take this risk when we bought in whether we actually knew it or not.

The answer is someone has to get those rooms. Asking to change is reasonable but demanding is not. As I said above, we ALL made the decision to take this risk when we bought in whether we actually knew it or not.
I know. I understand. That's why I didn't understand the "just say no" sentiment. It didn't make sense to me.

I know. I understand. That's why I didn't understand the "just say no" sentiment. It didn't make sense to me.
Unfortunately it does make sense because anyone who'd make a big deal out of this is either ill informed, entitlement or both. I get not wanting one, as a rule I'd rather not go than have one, but I understand what is involved and I'm a team player/rule follower. Making a big deal out of this would be a reflection on the individual, not the system.

I'm going to go ahead and close this thread. As many posters have stated, sometimes another room simply isn't available, and the ADA rooms are included in the entire point allocation for the resorts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!