VGF 1br standard - suggestions for room requests?

kboo

DIS Veteran
All I know is the 1 bad view, room 1221 is a studio. This will be our first time in a 1br - any thoughts on a room request?

2 resorts I never (okay, rarely) make a request on is BCV and VGF. They are just so small that I figure over the years we will get some good ones, and then some not so good ones, so it's all a wash. I just ask for first available.

When we stayed there last Thanksgiving in a 1bedroom standard view we ended up directly across from the fountain. It was very nice to the right of the fountain was the pool and just to the left was the walkway to the monorail and the monorail track. We enjoyed watching the monorail! So maybe pool view? This was the only time we have stayed there.

2 resorts I never (okay, rarely) make a request on is BCV and VGF. They are just so small that I figure over the years we will get some good ones, and then some not so good ones, so it's all a wash. I just ask for first available.
Ah, that's an idea. Generally I ask for high floor, but we were on the ground floor on our last trip and it was pleasant and surprisingly convenient to the pool.

We have made requests twice when we stayed there, and got them both times, specific rooms at that. I was very impressed when the desk called us because our request was written in a confusing way. We could have been lucky. I put in a request for this trip, but considering we check in on a Wed, I'm not holding out much hope for our request to come through.

As for your request, do you want to see the monorail or the fountain? You can find view pictures somewhere that could help you decide.

As for your request, do you want to see the monorail or the fountain? You can find view pictures somewhere that could help you decide.

In my best of all possible worlds, we'd get the first available, on the 5th or 6th floor, that faced the fountain. :rotfl2:

Generally of course, everyone says to keep it simple, and so I'm trying to decide whether I request facing the fountain or a high floor first. Like I said, first world problems ... last stay we faced the foundation and were on the ground floor, even though our only request was "high floor". We didn't die. The time before that we requested "high floor" and ended up 2 floors above the dreaded 1221, and had beautiful peaceful sunset views of the monorail with the lake visible to the left. But then again, we fly in early and we will have been up since 4:30 am, so maybe "first available" should be the request.

Sounds like first available might be the way to go. You don't sound like a poor view will ruin your trip, but being able to get a room early would start off your vacation very nicely. Good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter