Veteran military tickets

Jp354

Earning My Ears
Has anyone bought seaworld or aquatica military tickets at the gate? It says online that ticket prices are half off but I was unsure what price it was half off. My dad, the veteran, does not want to put his information in id.me site listed on seaworlds website. Is it possible to just show up at ticket counter with military id or does someone have a number for orlando seaworld ticket counter? Thanks.

Sorry, but I do not believe they have any offers for military at the gate. According to the website -

SeaWorld and Discovery Cove are proud to support Active Military Members and Veterans with special pricing and promotions
To qualify for this promotion, you must be registered with ID.me. Once you are, click the button below to login to your ID.me account and see your offers.

The underline is from the website, not something I added, so they are clearly saying you have to use ID.me. Do you happen to know why your dad does not want to use that site? It is not a SeaWorld specific site but rather one that makes identifying those eligible for discounts easier to determine -

ID.me is a trusted technology partner to multiple government agencies. We provide secure digital identity verification to help government agencies make sure you're you – and not someone pretending to be you – when you request access to government services online.

He just doesn't trust the site because it is not straight from the government. He refuses to do anything online because he is worried about what happens to his information. I can't talk him into it. I was hoping someone had some experience buying onsite.

He just doesn't trust the site because it is not straight from the government. He refuses to do anything online because he is worried about what happens to his information. I can't talk him into it. I was hoping someone had some experience buying onsite.

He can just buy reg tickets. Checkout visitorlando.com.

this probably won't convince him

but I'm registered on this place to get military discount and have been for a couple of years .....

no problems .....

it is used by a number of on-line sellers as a way to verify 'military discount' qualification ....

thumbs up to him for being careful

and yes he can buy tickets, up to 4 one day tickets at 50% off .....

https://seaworld.com/orlando/tickets/military-discount/

even after buying the special tickets this way, the military ID must be presented at the gate

and looking at the details .... "You may purchase tickets in advance through this website. This offer is not available at the front gate."

I've done it ... it works ..... got cheap tickets not too long ago

Last edited:
Another option, depending on where you and he live, is to stop by the local base and check on tickets at the Information Tickets and Travel Office (different branches may call it something else). They will sometimes have discounted tickets for Orlando theme parks. They may also have a way of doing tickets without going through Waves Of Honor (no promises there). I know the small exchange near Orlando International Airport has a ticket place with tickets to all the local theme parks. You can also go to Shades Of Green at Disney, they have a small ticket office.

I just checked Shades Of Green since they post prices on their website - you can get a SeaWorld single day adult ticket for $51, limit of 4. I honestly do not think you can do better than that price anywhere else unless you go online. This offer is good through Dec 20 2019.

Aquatica single day ticket is $32.

I just checked Shades Of Green since they post prices on their website - you can get a SeaWorld single day adult ticket for $51, limit of 4. I honestly do not think you can do better than that price anywhere else unless you go online. This offer is good through Dec 20 2019.

Aquatica single day ticket is $32.

Ok thanks!

I have an ID.me account and have had one for several years, just went onto the SW site and verified through ID.me and here are the prices available through there - so if divulging info is a concern for the OP or family, just buy through SOG like the PP noted.

Seaworld_20190518.jpg

I just got Discovery Cove tickets through the online veterans offer... $189 for DC with dolphin swim (no other park admissions included).. showing $360 without discount for that day. ID.me has some good deals and is necessary for a lot of veterans deals... having been in the military his info is everywhere, not sure why so paranoid.

deal just changed:

Complimentary one-day admission to SeaWorld Orlando for a U.S. Veteran and three guests.

* MUST PURCHASE BY JUNE 9 AND VISIT BY JULY 15.
* BLOCKOUT DATES APPLY: JUNE 8, 22 & JULY 13

requires ID.me .....

similar deal for bush gardens tampa: https://buschgardens.com/tampa/tickets/veteran-discount/

Yea! Thanks for posting. Now to decide whether to do BG or SW upcoming trip. :flower1:Had let our APHs go as we were doing more out of Orlando trips this year.

I just got Discovery Cove tickets through the online veterans offer... $189 for DC with dolphin swim (no other park admissions included).. showing $360 without discount for that day.

Just went thru this drill too. Thru the online "ID" deal the price for the day we wanted was $340 - details say 'from $****' and actual price was all over the map, variable by day. Going to the base ticket office I got the tickets for day we want at $220 per person and this includes 14 days Sea World / Aquatica.

I used the ITT office at Patrick AFB which is in Melbourne Florida, on the coast about 1 hour from Sea World / Orlando. According to their web site they take phone orders and will FEDEX tickets (small fee) .... https://www.gopatrickfl.com/tickets-and-travel.html You can get a complete list of Orlando area tickets they offer and their prices . . .

and there is a ITT office IN Orlando https://www.militarydisneytips.com/blog/orlando/the-orlando-itt-office-navy-exchange-and-commisary/

I just got Discovery Cove tickets through the online veterans offer... $189 for DC with dolphin swim (no other park admissions included).. showing $360 without discount for that day.

Just went thru this drill too. Thru the online "ID" deal the price for the day we wanted was $340 - details say 'from $****' and actual price was all over the map, variable by day. Going to the base ticket office I got the tickets for day we want at $220 per person and this includes 14 days Sea World / Aquatica.

I used the ITT office at Patrick AFB which is in Melbourne Florida, on the coast about 1 hour from Sea World / Orlando. According to their web site they take phone orders and will FEDEX tickets (small fee) .... https://www.gopatrickfl.com/tickets-and-travel.html You can get a complete list of Orlando area tickets they offer and their prices . . .

and there is a ITT office IN Orlando https://www.militarydisneytips.com/blog/orlando/the-orlando-itt-office-navy-exchange-and-commisary/

The online veteran Salute discount ended beginning of the month, so you were just seeing normal pricing.

Yes, active duty/retired can go to base MWR for tickets... but us regular non-retired veterans have to search out the ID.me type deals.

I believe You are confusing the 'free tickets to seaworld' deal for military and vets with the vet's DC deal which states:

Veterans and Retirees can take advantage of discounted rates on Day Resort Admission and Signature Dolphin Swim Package - available through December 31, 2019.

but as I said how GOOD this deal is varies . . .

the free tickets deal must be used by 15 July - have mine right here in front of me ... 4 free tickets to SW

I believe You are confusing the 'free tickets to seaworld' deal for military and vets with the vet's DC deal which states:

Veterans and Retirees can take advantage of discounted rates on Day Resort Admission and Signature Dolphin Swim Package - available through December 31, 2019.

but as I said how GOOD this deal is varies . . .

the free tickets deal must be used by 15 July - have mine right here in front of me ... 4 free tickets to SW

Yeah, maybe was for the free tickets... looked and is still $189 after Aug 18th for the DC Dolphin swim. Until then is $340 which isn't much of a discount (unless one of the $500 days I guess).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!