Very expensive high end professional hairdryer???

I am a professional hairdresser. I've been doing hair for 25 years now. I am not a fan of the Dyson. I actually dont use a very expensive dryer in my salon because I wanted to find one that worked fantastic, was lightweight, had a long cord, and was extremely affordable for my guests. I always reccomend the conair heat extreme to those looking for a new dryer. It checks off all these criteria and has a super strong motor so it dries your hair fairly quickly. That's my two cents :)

I had a Solano for awhile that I loved, but I had an issue with the plug (kept sparking when I plugged it in) and my DH made me get rid of it. I bought a T3 at Costco and I like it, but it's not fabulous. I may go back to another Solano.

The Solano I had wasn't super light, but I've read that they made lighter versions.

ETA - I'd be concerned that the Revlon one would make my hair too voluminous. When I get a blowout I always tell them to tone it down or else I walk out like a Dallas Housewife. Many moons ago I had a hairdryer shaped like a comb. That was before I could manage the round brush and the dryer. It worked well, but I went through a few hairdryers a year!

Solano is the best, IMO. They make several types that address weight, strength, heat, etc.

Azjen, I am not sure I am seeing that dryer. It sounds good.
Maybe they have changed things up?
Maybe you could find a link?

I am all for saving money on our budget!!!!
But, I really do want to invest in the lightest weight, quietest, dryer out there.

Do you like your hair to be straight-ish? If so, I can't recommend the Revlon One-Step Hairdryer/Volumizer enough. It's about $60. I have previously used high end hair dryers (Baybliss, GHD) but those sit unused in my cupboard, and I exclusively use the Revlon. It takes less than 10 minutes, and I look like I have a professional blow out every time I use it. Check out the reviews- it's really amazing.
I would not necessarily call it quiet. I don't find it particularly heavy, but I wouldn't call it lightweight, either. But I absolutely love it!
I own a bunch of hairdryers/stylers but none work well for me. Based on your post, I read the reviews about this Revlon One Step and they were fantastic so I ordered it within the hour. I LOVE it! Thank you for posting about it. I have long, thick, CRAZY hair (it used to be pin straight before kids so I'm clueless with styling--). I've gotten to the point I just let it air dry for hours but of course, that's impossible some days. I washed my hair yesterday and an hour later it took me less than 10 minutes to completely dry it straight. It makes me brave enough to try a bob again! Fantastic dryer! I love how wide it is so you can really grab a lot of hair and dry it from underneath, plus it's very gentle.

For those of you recommending the Revlon dryer, do you have to use a roundbrush while you straighten your hair? I’m uncoordinated.
I’ve been going by the method in this video with a round brush. I’m still not perfect at it but I get a little better each time! Key thing for me was pinning my hair up and working section by section, that has helped a lot. I timed myself the other day and it took me 13ish minutes to dry my hair this way (with a Dyson)...i have medium-length hair that is not super thick, not super thin, so it sounds like it may take a bit longer for your hair.

Good video!

I have a lot of hair, and I do fewer sections... so that many sections might not be necessary.
BANGS/front...
SIDES...
Back...
Crown.... in that order.

And, don't try to do that retro 1970's 'flip'.
I think it is easier on the hair, also, to use the brush to dry in on direction. Not alternating first one direction then the other.
I roll forward and downward... not back/sideways.

I own a bunch of hairdryers/stylers but none work well for me. Based on your post, I read the reviews about this Revlon One Step and they were fantastic so I ordered it within the hour. I LOVE it! Thank you for posting about it. I have long, thick, CRAZY hair (it used to be pin straight before kids so I'm clueless with styling--). I've gotten to the point I just let it air dry for hours but of course, that's impossible some days. I washed my hair yesterday and an hour later it took me less than 10 minutes to completely dry it straight. It makes me brave enough to try a bob again! Fantastic dryer! I love how wide it is so you can really grab a lot of hair and dry it from underneath, plus it's very gentle.

I'm so happy you like it! This is one of the few products that really lives up to the hype. Not only do I really love the way it makes my hair look, but the biggest bonus is the time I save!

I have the Dyson and I do love it. I have no basis for comparison besides my previous cheap dryers, but it smooths my bumpy hair, it's so light and I love that I have no fan to suck my hair in to. I no longer have to dry my hair and straighten it - I can do a really nice and pretty quick blowout and have smooth hair.

Do you like your hair to be straight-ish? If so, I can't recommend the Revlon One-Step Hairdryer/Volumizer enough. It's about $60. I have previously used high end hair dryers (Baybliss, GHD) but those sit unused in my cupboard, and I exclusively use the Revlon. It takes less than 10 minutes, and I look like I have a professional blow out every time I use it. Check out the reviews- it's really amazing.
I would not necessarily call it quiet. I don't find it particularly heavy, but I wouldn't call it lightweight, either. But I absolutely love it!
I just got this and I love it! It dried my hair very quickly and I get lots of compliments on it, which had not been happening. My hair feels smoother too instead of frizzy.

I'm so happy you like it! This is one of the few products that really lives up to the hype. Not only do I really love the way it makes my hair look, but the biggest bonus is the time I save!

Ok, I love you and this hairdryer! I just ordered a second as a back up. I usually keep my hair very long and just get a straight trim once a year but today am bravely going to get a few inches cut off thanks to this dryer. I'm shocked at how quickly it dries my hair. Plus how smooth that it is! Usually when I have to dry it with a blow dryer, it's a huge frizzy mess. I can't remember the last time I didn't wear it up. Wish me luck and thank you again!!!! ❤️

Aww!! I love you too! :lovestruc Ordering a second one is a really good idea. Good luck with your new cut!

Judging how many women come to work with wet hair, I was kind of thinking few people used a hair dryer anymore.
Now the women I work with who are on camera say they go to bed with wet hair with curlers in it......and come to work with dry hair with curlers in it. They style it once they get to work.

I cant imagine going ANYWHERE with wet hair.
(except a nice pool or beach)
I have thick unruly hair, and that just isn't work
( Did any of you see Maya at the waterpark on Speechless last week? :scared: )

Do that many of your coworkers... maybe younger coworkers who are techs and/or work behind the scenes, actually leave their house/apt and come into work with WET hair? I wouldn't think that sleeping in curlers was that common, either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter