Very Cheap DVC Cash Rates at Vero Beach

aoconnor

WDW Nut
I was considering a one night stay in a two-bedroom at Vero Beach over Thanksgiving. It's 42 points for a Saturday night, called DVC and the cash rate for members is only $338.25 ($375 w/ tax). That's less than $9 per point... great deal!

Ocean View Inn Rooms cheap as well at $187.50 ($208 with tax). Not quite as good at $11 per point, but still a good deal IMO. I'll definitely consider some cash stays here in the future-- not worth using actual points at these rates.

Interesting side note, the 25% cash room discount is available to all members, even dirty resale purchasers.

Last edited:
I was considering a one night stay in a two-bedroom at Vero Beach over Thanksgiving. It's 42 points for a Saturday night, called DVC and the cash rate for members is only $338.25 ($375 w/ tax). That's less than $9 per point... great deal!

Ocean View Inn Rooms cheap as well at $187.50 ($208 with tax). Not quite as good at $11 per point, but still a good deal IMO. I'll definitely consider some cash stays here in the future-- not worth using actual points at these rates.

Interesting side note, the 25% cash room discount is available to all members, even dirty resale purchasers.

Isn't that crazy? VB owners can pay LESS for a cash reservation than they pay for their maintenance fees! Obviously, this is a very specific example and it is not all-inclusive across all room types throughout the year, but it goes to show that DVC ownership is not always going to save you a ton of money.

Isn't that crazy? VB owners can pay LESS for a cash reservation than they pay for their maintenance fees! Obviously, this is a very specific example and it is not all-inclusive across all room types throughout the year, but it goes to show that DVC ownership is not always going to save you a ton of money.

I guess VBR owners can always save their points for stays at SSR or OKW. Perhaps even others if they get lucky at 7 months!

LAX

The weekend nights at HHI are also cheaper for MC than the maintenance fees cost, at least for 1 BRs, in November. We usually use our points during the week, switch to MC for the weekend, then back to points the next week (10-11 nights total).

I wonder how much it is cash in summer? Do you just call up DVC to get these rates? I want to go to Vero but will use cash if it is only costing this.

I'd suggest you periodically compare booking thru CRO and other locations too as they can discount even more. DVC member discount is always the 25% but CRO can get cheaper than that during the off seasons. There was a recent report that currently there wasn't any availability thru CRO but that's probably one of the many glitches popping up with all the Disney websites these days.

I wonder how much it is cash in summer? Do you just call up DVC to get these rates? I want to go to Vero but will use cash if it is only costing this.

It's usually just the off seasons - ie, for the beaches, winter.

I've always wanted to stay at Vero Beach but haven't had the opportunity. I'll definitely keep this tip in mind. Thank you so much!

It's a flat 25% off rack rate so you can just take a look at the website and deduct 25%, but yes you have to call to book it. In spring/summer you have to book pretty far in advance but the discount is sometimes available.

I'd suggest you periodically compare booking thru CRO and other locations too as they can discount even more. DVC member discount is always the 25% but CRO can get cheaper than that during the off seasons. There was a recent report that currently there wasn't any availability thru CRO but that's probably one of the many glitches popping up with all the Disney websites these days.

Interesting, I didn't think that the room discount promotions typically applied to Vero Beach, just WDW resorts.

Interesting, I didn't think that the room discount promotions typically applied to Vero Beach, just WDW resorts.

It's not that things like the AP discounts are applied - just that CRO/DVC rent out the rooms cheap.

I think they just released rooms to cash. Got a 1bd at AK direct at $430 a night - about $9/point. July, before SW but still was much easier than renting and cheaper! I think the room is usually $850+ a night

I think they just released rooms to cash. Got a 1bd at AK direct at $430 a night - about $9/point. July, before SW but still was much easier than renting and cheaper! I think the room is usually $850+ a night

Wow! Usually the studios are listed for around that price and then you go down with any AP discounts or summer promo packages.

Glad you posted that because I was still a little confused on that.:thanks: The discount is only on DVC properties, right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter