Vero vs. HHI resorts

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
We've stayed at HHI and LOVE it. We always go off-season and love the quiet. Our main forms of entertainment are bike riding, nature and bird watching, and eating out. What is Vero like? And what months are considered "off-season" there?

We got to stay at Vero Beach DVC one time in 2010. My grandmother lived 10 minutes from there, but we had always stayed with her. It was lovely! Unfortunately, she passed so we never got to stay again. There is a lot to do, more food choices but not much. Lots nearby. We stayed over spring break & it was busy but never too busy. I think you will love it just as much as HHI or more :)

We have been to both and love both but for different reasons. Hilton Head is very rustic feeling. The CMs are great. The beach is huge and really nice. I love how the waves are not overwhelming (at least the weren't when we were there). I like how you can walk out quite far and the water not being too deep. The resort pool is nice. Having the beach house is also very nice. I loved how there was so much to do. Quite a bit of it was within walking distance.

Vero is one of my home resorts. It is right on the ocean so it only takes a very short walk from your room to get to the beach. In my opinion the water color is so pretty - not brown like on HHI. The beach is not as wide. There is a pretty big drop off in the water and the first few feet into the ocean can be painful for sensitive feet. Lots of broken shells. Once past the drop off it is softer. I have been there when the waves were very calm but have also been there when it has literally knocked me off my feet. I personally liked the HHI beach better. If the water color was like that of Vero it would have been incredible. The pool is nice with lots of activities at Vero. The resort is smaller and more compact. Completely different feel as it is more Floridian and less rustic. The resort is NOT close to much at all. You can't walk to much. The actual city of Vero is about a 20 minute drive. There are plenty of nice restaurants - but you may have to drive a but further to get to them. The CMs are also very nice but if I were 100% honest I would have to say while they are great - they not not AS great as the HHI CMs.

I would definitely recommend trying Vero - but they are really two very different resorts.

I haven't stayed at either of the resorts, but have visited both HHI and Vero many times. My family prefers HHI by a long run - we actually decided never to go back to Vero even though it was one of the nicest houses we've rented for a vacation. We enjoy going out to eat on vacation and finding shops and spots to walk around. We found that for us, HHI has so much more to do. There are so many places to eat and walk around and we just didn't get that same feeling at Vero.

We have stayed at both resorts twice each (we have 2 girls now 6 and 12). I love both. Vero Beach has a more remote location and i feel less to do in the area, but the resort itself offers more. For example, the restaurants and we love the balcony at the green cabin room. Being right on the beach is really nice, however I prefer the actual beach at Hilton Head. I love the ocean view inn rooms at vero for the location and the beautiful views. I liked to be able to go down to the gift shop, to get coffee in the morning etc. The resort is very convenient and easy to navigate. I found at Hilton head we ventured out more (savannah, Beaufort, the children’s museum, restaurants, the marina area), where for vero we spent more time at the resort doing the various activities. There was a lot for kids to do at vero. If you are traveling in the summer, bug spray at vero is very important.

We've stayed at HHI and LOVE it. We always go off-season and love the quiet. Our main forms of entertainment are bike riding, nature and bird watching, and eating out. What is Vero like? And what months are considered "off-season" there?
We are looking at goinf February or April break. Have you been during these months and if so, how are the crowd levels? Thanks!

We've been to HHI in both February and April. In February, it was like a ghost town there, a great time to go if you don't expect go to the beach. The year we went in April, both Easter and the Heritage golf were going on while we were there (the golf tournament was why we went) and the island was PACKED!! But it wasn't a typical April, so I can't predict it for you. Let me know how it is in April, since we're thinking of going next April. The weather was perfect though. The pool was crowded that year-there was just one chaise available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter