Vero Questions...

married@wdw

DIS Veteran
OK gang. I've done a ton of reading and after almost 11 years of staying DVC at WDW, we're finally checking out VB at the end of January. A few questions:

1. Is the pool heated? Will we be able to swim if it's cold?
2. We'll only have one full-day, one half-day. What are the "can't miss" things to do?
3. What's your favorite place to eat? We're looking for two nicer, slightly fancier places for dinners and two fun places (but not necssarily fancy) for either breakfast or lunch. Waterviews are great. Seafood is great. We heard good things about Ocean Grill & Tango's, so reviews of those are welcome! Any other recommendations?
4. I've got an Ocean View Inn room -- as silly as this sounds, does that mean we'll really be able to see the ocean? Or is there a chance we'll be on a lower floor with only a partial view? Just curious if the extra points were worth it.

We'll be driving from MCO, then returning to WDW after our two night Vero stay, so any other advice, recommendations, etc. would be greatly appreciated!

We've always had a wonderful view of the ocean when we've booked OV. This last time, it was an enclosed balcony (not see through railing) and so you had to stand to see the ocean, but the winds and rains of Katrina were blowing (Aug. 24th to 26th) , so there really wasn't time to just sit on the balcony. When we had the Garden View on our first trip, it was of the parking lot, and either of our 2 OV's were MUCH better than that. The beds are very high, and I could sit on the bed and look at the ocean without being in the elements myself.

On our earlier trips, we rented bikes and took the Jungle Trail, about a 5 mile round trip ride. There's a map to follow, and it's an easy ride.

Our favorite off site place to eat is Capt. Hirams, and we like the menu, so that's where we go. There are menus in the lobby of VB of area restaurants, so you can see what's offered before you venture out.

Have a great time. There are rocking chairs on the front (parking lot view) and back (ocean view) porches if you want to view the ocean from a common area. Because of the winds the ones on the back porch were taken down during this last trip, I imagine that you could have windy conditions in the winter as well.

Bobbi

We ate at Squid Lips (in Sebastian, maybe 15 minutes away). A great casual restaurant ... Jimmy Buffet playing loud enough to hear ... It's "over" the water, I just tried their website but nothing came up?? www.squidlips.com

Another popular restaurant is Captain ??Somethings??, just down the street from Squid Lips.

VB is a great place to relax. It looked like some nice boutique shopping south of VB --- will stop by if we're ever there without kids!

Both the north and south sides of the Inn are considered ocean view as well as the east (ocean front). I specifically asked this at the front desk last time. So there are some rooms that are not true ocean front rooms. If you look at the pic you will also see that there are different types of balconies. I would think that some of the solid front ones would lessen the view from the room. HTH

I'll just comment that a day and a half is way too short a stay to get into the VB mode. You need to drag me out after a week. Yes the pool is heated. And there are an array of good dining options in the area. Particularly for seafood. Check with the front desk for menus and info.

Ahhhh -- found Squidlips here: http://www.finsmarina.com/restaurant.html. That's the perfect kinda place for us to spend an hour or two chowing on our favorite seafood (we're Jersey Shore regulars) and relaxing. Can't wait.

Captain Hiram's sounds great too! And we love biking so hopefully the weather will be nice.

Thanks -- and please keep those ideas coming!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter