Vero Beach

adamak

DIS Veteran
How long to drive from Orlando airport to Vero beach? Should I even bother adding that to my Disney trip in nov?

From the airport, roughly 1 1/2 hours. From WDW, 2 hours. Sometimes you can do it in less. If you'd like to see the resort and the ocean, it's worth the trip. If not, most of the drive is fairly boring through ranchland.

It is around 1 1/2 hours from there. If you get lost like we did, then add 45 minutes!!!:D We stayed there for a weekend during our two week stay and enjoyed the resort a lot! We could not get the kids out of the ocean!!!

We like VB just before boarding Magic! As previously stated, it's a not too long, boring ride. Call VB direct to get a faster direction than the typical one! VB as a town is not the fanciest (by far) but the Disney resort is very nice. We particularly liked the Green Room and the Ocean!

It's worth the ride!

VB as a town is not the fanciest (by far)

Huh? Vero Beach has been one of the wealthiest winter resort areas in Florida. You pass through a depressed area coming in from 95 but once you cross onto the ocean stretch it's lined with expensive condos and homes.

When you book your ressies through MS, the confirmation that you receive back will have very good directions printed right on them. If you follow them directly you will have no problem. 1 1/2 hours tops unless there is alot of traffic. Speed Limits are 70 mph
on the major highways to Vero, with most people driving 75 to 80...look out!...LOL. Nice relaxing resort. You'll love it. We do!
Can't wait to get back to WDW!!

Brian, Melissa & Morgan

Thanks for the info. I needed it, also. We just added on to VB and can't wait to go and see it. We wanted a place to stay on the water and it looks very nice on the net. I hear there are nice things to do in the area. Any suggestions?

Hi,
My family and I stayed at VB after the Magic cruise from Aug.4th to Aug.7th . It was nice to just relax after the cruise. My children ages 7,11 and 13 loved the beach until we were called out of the water at about 1p.m. because there was a SHARK.(10ft. to 12ft long)
It was in about only 3 feet of water and about 10 feet away from us. My 11yr.old sons' quote was "The only time I saw a shark closer was at the Living Seas." He sure was right, from then on the pool looked beautiful. To those people going to VB please be on the lookout as there are no lifeguards on the beach. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Merilyn, there are a number of activities off site... The Harbor Branch Oceanographic Institute tour, an environmental center, ocean and river cruises, golf, shopping at outlet malls or boutiques, nice restaurants, fresh citrus that you can have shipped home or to friends ... NASA is not far... the Treasure Coast has plenty to do. But my favorite thing to do at Vero is RELAX!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter