Vero Beach vs All Inclusive

CanadaDisney05

DIS Veteran
I know it's not an Orlando area resort, but I made a similar post in the DVC boards that didn't gain much traction.

Assuming you'd be flying to Florida, what are the reasons you would choose going to Disney's Vero Beach (or Hilton Head) vs an all inclusive resort somewhere in the Caribbean? On the surface, a trip to Vero Beach seems very expensive in comparison, and I would assume the beach isn't as nice as most Caribbean islands.

I posted a brief description here:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/here-now-disney’s-vero-beach-resort-9-18-18.3707188/

We didn’t go to the beach in the town of Vero Beach - it looked nice but everything is really pricey there... it’s known as the Treasure Coast.

The Caribbean beaches are nicer - we’ve only done Western Caribbean cruises and have enjoyed our ocean/beach excursions.

If you’re looking for a laid back vibe, the Caribbean all-inclusive may be the better choice.

I will preface this with the fact that I’ve never stayed at VB and my traveling experience is limited. With that said, I would think the answer to your question would come down to are you bringing young children who are obsessed with Disney or not. Some of the activities and character interactions geared towards a younger audience I think would be what would be missing at an all inclusive in the Caribbean. If it’s adults only though I would absolutely go with the all inclusive option. My wife and I did an all inclusive resort in Jamaica for our honeymoon and it was the most relaxing and best vacation I’ve been on. I love Disney and own a small DVC contract at GF but if not doing a parks vacation and instead a beach destination all inclusive is definitely the way to go if costs are roughly the same. For me, not stressing over cost of every little thing added so much to the relaxing nature of being on vacation. There are also all inclusive options that might be worth investigating if you are bringing kids such as Discovery Cove or the Nickelodeon Punta Cana Resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter