Vero Beach this Labor Day Weekend -- Tropical Storm / Hurricane Dorian

Check your forecast again.
Dorian is now projected to be a Cat 3 at landfall around the PC area.

I’m hoping it veers north.
We are building a house 10 minutes from the resort...

On the bright side, if I lose my roof I have an excuse to upgrade to metal. :teeth:

We are heading to HHI this weekend. We are waiting to see what happens. If it shifts north we may have an issue.

I’m hoping it veers north.
We are building a house 10 minutes from the resort...

On the bright side, if I lose my roof I have an excuse to upgrade to metal. :teeth:
Metal roofs don't always last in hurricanes either. Saw a few rolled up ones here on Marco Island after Irma. You have impact windows and/or shutters right?

Metal roofs don't always last in hurricanes either. Saw a few rolled up ones here on Marco Island after Irma. You have impact windows and/or shutters right?
Well.... the house is not completely finished, so.... the front doors and rear sliders are impact. The windows will have shutters, but not sure of the status of that during the build.

PS.... I have no clue if metal roofs hold up better during a hurricane.
I just like metal roofs!! :teeth:

Well.... the house is not completely finished, so.... the front doors and rear sliders are impact. The windows will have shutters, but not sure of the status of that during the build.

PS.... I have no clue if metal roofs hold up better during a hurricane.
I just like metal roofs!! :teeth:
They aren't as expensive as tile roofs, but more than architectural shingles. Just build to Miami-Dade standards as a minimum and you should be okay. Power shutters are the way to go. We have them over our sliders. Makes the house nice and dark.

Looks like I’ll have to cancel today. Unlike the other DVC resorts, Vero Beach is in an evacuation zone.

Cancelled. I booked for Columbus Day weekend. Oh well. Hoping no one gets hurt and no major damage.

Well, I just saw on Facebook that The Weather Channel's Jim Cantore is at Vero Beach so that's not a good sign either.

Well, I just saw on Facebook that The Weather Channel's Jim Cantore is at Vero Beach so that's not a good sign either.
He is in the Atlanta studio this morning. It will hit Atlanta instead. Never fear. Now VB is on the dirty side of the storm, not the eye which is showing up to be closer to West Palm and Jupiter. I hope Maistre Gracey's house will be okay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!