Vero Beach Nearby Must Haves

justme0729

DIS Veteran
We are going to Vero in January. We have been there before but have stayed at the resort most of the time. We will have a car. Where are good places to go to eat, get a snack/ treat, shop, etc. outside of the resort? When we went to Aulani, we loved going to Island Vintage Coffee. Is there anywhere like that in easy driving distance? Any other suggestions?

Edited to add- Are there any good places for take out/ delivery if we want to stay out of restaurants?

Last edited:
The Ocean Grill is my favorite restaurant in the area (for vacationers).
Pricey, but great food and great atmosphere. May need to make a reservation (new thing since Covid, although they operate at full capacity).
Order horseradish with the shrimp cocktail however, as it’s basically ketchup.

Bobby’s also descent. Skip Mulligan’s (next to Ocean Grill), and Capt Hiram’s. They are suggested often, but not great IMO. Squid lips a little better. Mulligan’s in Sebastian better than Vero.

Other places are good, but dominated by locals. Not ideal for vacation

I agree, Ocean Grill is very good. We had dinner there last year and plan to go again this coming January. Glad I read this thread, now I know to make a reservation.

Another place we plan to try is Riverside Cafe. It's on the river with outdoor dining, looks a little rustic and just my kind of place.

Happy dining!

Kilwins Chocolate and Ice Cream in downtown Vero. Its right across from a nice city park and public beach access too. So a nice place to sit or stroll and eat your ice cream.

We go to VB yearly for spring break and are very fond of "Taco Dive". Very low key and inexpensive, but great tacos. We usually go several times each visit.
Kilwins Chocolate and Ice Cream in downtown Vero. Its right across from a nice city park and public beach access too. So a nice place to sit or stroll and eat your ice cream.

Thanks for the ideas, I'm putting these on the list of possible places to try on our next visit. :thumbsup2

We really enjoyed The Riverside Cafe when we stayed at VB a couple of years ago. I’d recommend going early for dinner as it got busy, but we had a lovely meal on the deck.

Oooh yes forgot about the Italian Cousin, the whole family ate well there. Not sure if it will still be there, but when we went there was also a great ice cream shop across the parking lot from the Italian Cousin which made for a good dessert and happy kids 😆.

We haven't been in two years, buy we tried most of the restaurants listed above and the only one we would go back to is Ocean Grill, pricey, but far better then other options in the area. On a three night stay, would probably go to Ocean Grill 2 times if not all 3.

We loved Squid Lips. Perfect location, good food, very casual vibe, and a souvenir coconut drink holder. What’s not to love?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!