VERO BEACH Information & Adoration Thread

We dine at the Ocean Grill in Vero Beach every time we stay at VB. It’s a 15 minute drive south along A1A to Beachland Blvd. Http://www.ocean-grill.com. They start taking names for seating one hour prior to opening for dinner. We add our name so we can get a window-side table, then enjoy a pre-dinner drink in the bar.

Thanks for the suggestion, we are going to Vero Beach for the first time this coming February. I checked out above referenced website and this place looks good, we will have to try it. Thanks for the information! :thumbsup2

Does Vero Beach Walmart have a souvenir section? We shopped around Hilton Head Island and ended up buying almost all our souvenirs in Walmart at the end of the trip so I was hoping Vero would be similar and we will just head straight to Walmart!

We are planning an August 2020 trip to Vero, and having never been of course I'm here digging for information. Is it safe for me to assume that there is no 2019 Vero thread and that this thread is just THE thread for Vero despite the date?

We are planning an August 2020 trip to Vero, and having never been of course I'm here digging for information. Is it safe for me to assume that there is no 2019 Vero thread and that this thread is just THE thread for Vero despite the date?
Yes. Whomever runs the thread apparently hasn't updated the thread title in quite some time. ;) However, if you look at the dates of the past several pages of posts, I think you'll notice they are fairly current. In short, Disney's VB resort is very laid back and doesn't offer a lot in terms of dining or activities outside of the typical family things. If you want to just enjoy the ocean and the beach vibe, then you won't be disappointed. If you're looking for a busier trip and better food, then you'll have to visit other places nearby. That's not meant to be a pejorative statement, just our observations.

Yes. Whomever runs the thread apparently hasn't updated the thread title in quite some time. ;) However, if you look at the dates of the past several pages of posts, I think you'll notice they are fairly current. In short, Disney's VB resort is very laid back and doesn't offer a lot in terms of dining or activities outside of the typical family things. If you want to just enjoy the ocean and the beach vibe, then you won't be disappointed. If you're looking for a busier trip and better food, then you'll have to visit other places nearby. That's not meant to be a pejorative statement, just our observations.

then i think it'll be perfect. We went to Disney's Hilton Head resort in August and found it to be right up our alley in terms of activity level and laid back vibe. We (DS and DH) are taking my MIL and FIL to Vero to celebrate her retirement after 40 years of teaching. All she wants to do is lay out under the sun - so I think she'll be fine. All my son will want to do is putt putt golf and water slide and as long as I can get Dole Whip I'm set.
I did have a question - my husband is a big golfer - are there any nearby courses that anyone would recommend? Also I know in Hilton Head, DVC members received (minor) discounts at certain courses in the surrounding areas - is that the same deal at Vero? Just curious.

then i think it'll be perfect. We went to Disney's Hilton Head resort in August and found it to be right up our alley in terms of activity level and laid back vibe. We (DS and DH) are taking my MIL and FIL to Vero to celebrate her retirement after 40 years of teaching. All she wants to do is lay out under the sun - so I think she'll be fine. All my son will want to do is putt putt golf and water slide and as long as I can get Dole Whip I'm set.
I did have a question - my husband is a big golfer - are there any nearby courses that anyone would recommend? Also I know in Hilton Head, DVC members received (minor) discounts at certain courses in the surrounding areas - is that the same deal at Vero? Just curious.
We like HHI much better than VB: better beach, more and better food options within easy reach, and the best CMs anywhere. Still, you will definitely be able to relax under the sun. As for golfing, there are numerous courses within half an hour's drive, and I suspect at least a handful of them are open to the public. I've not golfed at VB, however, so I can't give you the lowdown on that.

My DH likes Sandridge golf course but he doesn’t go that often. I think Quail Valley is private but you could look into it. I would ask at the front desk about available discounts. They may have an arrangement with a local course.

I did the American Icon Brewery tour last Thursday offered through the resort. Cost was $35 booked in advance through Ebb & Flo. The tour is available Tuesdays and Thursdays leaving the resort at 315pm. I think Brandon was our tour guide from the resort and he was even more knowledgeable than the person giving the tour at the brewery. You get a beer flight to taste and a pint glass to take home. I even got a sample of another beer that was available. Beautiful building. I went back for lunch a couple days later and to pick up a couple six packs to take home. Any questions just ask92F9B0C3-F9AD-4B3C-80D3-ABE5B1921BC3.jpeg2C175832-E8D3-4E2A-8123-13C0AA31904E.jpeg17134636-084F-4CDB-8632-612C7EDA0D53.jpeg5ED313C2-9E25-4506-BEDE-6DC9D50EE396.jpeg7AE855F5-6BA0-4CEC-8A8D-70D66CD202F9.jpeg

I did the American Icon Brewery tour last Thursday offered through the resort. Cost was $35 booked in advance through Ebb & Flo. The tour is available Tuesdays and Thursdays leaving the resort at 315pm. I think Brandon was our tour guide from the resort and he was even more knowledgeable than the person giving the tour at the brewery. You get a beer flight to taste and a pint glass to take home. I even got a sample of another beer that was available. Beautiful building. I went back for lunch a couple days later and to pick up a couple six packs to take home. Any questions just askView attachment 448924View attachment 448925View attachment 448926View attachment 448927View attachment 448928
How far in advance did you book the tour at E&F’s? We arrive next Tuesday and I would want to do the Thursday tour, since we depart on Saturday for a DCL cruise.

Did the brewery tour today. I was the only guest. Brandon was my guide/designated driver. Excellent tour, lovely facility, knowledgeable folks, well worth the $35 plus tax.

What kind of things go on at Vero resort for thanksgiving. We are thinking of next year and avoiding family going down for thanksgiving. Does the resort do a thanksgiving dinner? Any special activities? I beleive it's already decorated for Christmas right?

We just returned from Vero. They offer a Thanksgiving Buffet at Wind and Waves Grill. Get your reservations early! Because of the holiday week, the resort was fully booked. There were children's activities every single day...pool trivia, pool party dancing, water slide races, turtles on the beach, etc. For older kids, surfing lessons, paddle boarding, and crafty things in the community center.

We just returned from Vero. They offer a Thanksgiving Buffet at Wind and Waves Grill. Get your reservations early! Because of the holiday week, the resort was fully booked. There were children's activities every single day...pool trivia, pool party dancing, water slide races, turtles on the beach, etc. For older kids, surfing lessons, paddle boarding, and crafty things in the community center.

This sounds ideal!! thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!