VERO BEACH Information & Adoration Thread

You’re not imagining it. We were told about the gift card offer when we checked in last Monday for a little getaway.

We bought ours after check-in. I believe you could only do it through a website or QR code on the flyer they gave us. The $100 was only good at the sit down restaurant, but the bonus $20 was good at the market and I believe the bar too.

Can either of you post the website? If it is the same as last year, it does not require any passwords or anything.

Thanks!

Do you still have the website or is it a unique code given at check-in? I will try to call the desk when our stay gets closer and see if its still available, but was there any expiration listed on anything?

We will be staying at VB for the first time this coming Feb, I too am interested in this gift card. Any additional information you can supply would be greatly appreciated. Is it possible for you to supply the website or is it a unique code as stated above? Thanks for any information. :flower1:

Here is the web site: offers.disney.com

Use this code: VBWWGRILL

Please be aware that I believe they will not allow you to use your 10% DVC discount when using these gift cards. So, it is more like a 6.7% discount if you are a DVC member.

Have a great trip!

Thanks so much for the information! I just completed my purchase, hope you're having a Disney Day! :thumbsup2

We will be staying at VB for the first time this coming Feb, I too am interested in this gift card. Any additional information you can supply would be greatly appreciated. Is it possible for you to supply the website or is it a unique code as stated above? Thanks for any information. :flower1:
We are also going for the first time in Feb. so excited! Just started looking through this thread. But any suggestions or recommendations from others who have gone in Feb? We’ll be in a studio Feb 12-16.

We are also going for the first time in Feb. so excited! Just started looking through this thread. But any suggestions or recommendations from others who have gone in Feb? We’ll be in a studio Feb 12-16.
We were there the first week of March this year, so very close to your dates. Our weather was good--not too hot during the day, not too chilly overnight. We didn't go in the water nor the pool. We didn't see a lot of people on the beach, but the pool was generally busy. Here are some observations from which you can draw your own conclusions:
- It's a quiet resort, especially that time of year.
- It doesn't open up very early nor stay open very late. If you're a fan of fresh coffee, either you must brew it in your room or get down to the lobby area early to grab a cup. Nothing opens until 8 a.m. and it all shuts down at 9 p.m.
- You are not very close to many offsite restaurants. There are 2-3 within an easy walk, but they're mostly cafe or pizza style items. To get to any others, you'll have to drive pretty much all the way into Vero Beach proper--roughly 15 minutes away.
- If you like to hang out at a pool bar, then you'll like the one at VB--friendly, solid drink/wine/beer menu, and decent-sized seating area.
- We had no problems with bugs, but there were already signs out saying they had repellent available.
- Our room was in good shape, and we had a huge studio that looked out toward the ocean. Lovely location.
- In short, if you want a quiet getaway with some activities (DJ at the pool, kids' stuff), this is a good choice. Just be prepared to drive to do any real dining or shopping.

We were there the first week of March this year, so very close to your dates. Our weather was good--not too hot during the day, not too chilly overnight. We didn't go in the water nor the pool. We didn't see a lot of people on the beach, but the pool was generally busy. Here are some observations from which you can draw your own conclusions:
- It's a quiet resort, especially that time of year.
- It doesn't open up very early nor stay open very late. If you're a fan of fresh coffee, either you must brew it in your room or get down to the lobby area early to grab a cup. Nothing opens until 8 a.m. and it all shuts down at 9 p.m.
- You are not very close to many offsite restaurants. There are 2-3 within an easy walk, but they're mostly cafe or pizza style items. To get to any others, you'll have to drive pretty much all the way into Vero Beach proper--roughly 15 minutes away.
- If you like to hang out at a pool bar, then you'll like the one at VB--friendly, solid drink/wine/beer menu, and decent-sized seating area.
- We had no problems with bugs, but there were already signs out saying they had repellent available.
- Our room was in good shape, and we had a huge studio that looked out toward the ocean. Lovely location.
- In short, if you want a quiet getaway with some activities (DJ at the pool, kids' stuff), this is a good choice. Just be prepared to drive to do any real dining or shopping.
This is so helpful! Thank you. Now I'm even more excited. My husband and I are going on a little getaway for our 20th anniversary and wanted to go offseason so it would be quieter. This sounds perfect! Do you happen to remember your room number? I think we requested a top floor with hopes of some type of view of the ocean.

This is so helpful! Thank you. Now I'm even more excited. My husband and I are going on a little getaway for our 20th anniversary and wanted to go offseason so it would be quieter. This sounds perfect! Do you happen to remember your room number? I think we requested a top floor with hopes of some type of view of the ocean.
Hmmm, no is the short answer. pirate: However, it was in the Inn, Ocean View, and I want to say it was either 2415 or 4215. . .I think. As you stand in the lobby facing the ocean, it was the top room in the right corner. It's configuration was great. The door opened to the right side (facing the direction of the pool) where you stepped into a short hall with a closet to your left and the fridge, microwave, sink area to the right. Step past the closet, and turn left, and you were facing the ocean. But the room was huge! As you walked toward the sliding door leading to the balcony, the sleeping area was on your left--a small room unto itself. To your right was a small anteroom with a large couch, TV, soft chairs. (The bathroom was near the fridge, sink, and closet area.) This was OKW style space. You could literally put in a couple of rollaway beds and still have room to move around (not that you could or would want to). I also believe they have spa services there, so for a couples retreat time, VB would work well, too.

Hmmm, no is the short answer. pirate: However, it was in the Inn, Ocean View, and I want to say it was either 2415 or 4215. . .I think. As you stand in the lobby facing the ocean, it was the top room in the right corner. It's configuration was great. The door opened to the right side (facing the direction of the pool) where you stepped into a short hall with a closet to your left and the fridge, microwave, sink area to the right. Step past the closet, and turn left, and you were facing the ocean. But the room was huge! As you walked toward the sliding door leading to the balcony, the sleeping area was on your left--a small room unto itself. To your right was a small anteroom with a large couch, TV, soft chairs. (The bathroom was near the fridge, sink, and closet area.) This was OKW style space. You could literally put in a couple of rollaway beds and still have room to move around (not that you could or would want to). I also believe they have spa services there, so for a couples retreat time, VB would work well, too.
Thanks! I was thinking about the spa. Do you or anyone know if they take Disney gift cards at the spa?

Room 2415 (the 2 is the inn building, 4 for the floor number). We think that’s one of the two best inn rooms at VB. We were given that room on our first inn stay (our third visit to VB). The other room with a similar configuration is in the mirror-image position on the left side. Since then, we’ve checked on availability when checking in and were successful once more in about 15 visits.

When we last stayed in that room (quite a number of years ago now), it had a king size bed rather than two queens, so the front desk said they did not put parties that would need the two queens in either of those rooms. It was a great configuration for the two of us. The bed configuration may have changed since we were last in that room, since there has been a complete turnover of the rooms by now.

Room 2415 (the 2 is the inn building, 4 for the floor number). We think that’s one of the two best inn rooms at VB. We were given that room on our first inn stay (our third visit to VB). The other room with a similar configuration is in the mirror-image position on the left side. Since then, we’ve checked on availability when checking in and were successful once more in about 15 visits.

When we last stayed in that room (quite a number of years ago now), it had a king size bed rather than two queens, so the front desk said they did not put parties that would need the two queens in either of those rooms. It was a great configuration for the two of us. The bed configuration may have changed since we were last in that room, since there has been a complete turnover of the rooms by now.
Sounds just like our room, indeed! And, no, the configuration hasn't changed--still the one bed with plenty of space. It was a great room!

Has anyone who has stayed recently done the American Icon Brewery tour. I think I saw it is offered Tuesday and Thursday afternoons, and if anyone has how was it?

Does anyone know cost for rentals (bikes, beach chairs/umbrellas, fishing poles, kayaks/boats, etc) or where I can find this info? Thank you!

Wondering what brand of coffee is provided in the villas these days. Is it Joffery’s?

We are staying at VB for the first time in just 27 days. I have a list of several restaurants close by but does anyone have a recommendation for us that is your favorite? It is just the two of us. Thanks in advance..smjj..ºoº

We are staying at VB for the first time in just 27 days. I have a list of several restaurants close by but does anyone have a recommendation for us that is your favorite? It is just the two of us. Thanks in advance..smjj..ºoº
Blackfins in Sebastian was quite good when we were there last March. It's located in the Capt Hiram's resort, but really easy to get to, about a 15 minute drive from the Disney's resort. Solid food, nice location (on the water, at least a dock), and good service. You can google the place and see what it looks like, as well as look at their menu. We also dined at Cobalt's in VB proper, and it was fine, though not superb. It sits in a Kimpton property, the Vero Beach Hotel & Spa. Also has water views if you sit outside, and is definitely a bit more upscale than Blackfins. That, too, is about a 15-minute drive though in the opposite direction. Finally, there is Wave Kitchen and Bar that features a paella dish, and it's located in the Costa d'Este Beach Resort and Spa which is close to Cobalt. Solid food, solid service; still, the paella was a bit of a let down as there was no socarrat on the bottom, and the seafood was overcooked. Tasty but not expertly done. We'd go back to any of those three but our favorite was the first one, Blackfins.

We dine at the Ocean Grill in Vero Beach every time we stay at VB. It’s a 15 minute drive south along A1A to Beachland Blvd. Http://www.ocean-grill.com. They start taking names for seating one hour prior to opening for dinner. We add our name so we can get a window-side table, then enjoy a pre-dinner drink in the bar.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!