VERO BEACH Information & Adoration Thread

Is Disney selling the property across the street from the resort? There’s an article on tcpalm.com about it.

I've read the same on a DVC news site. Probably a smart move if Disney isn't willing to develop that parcel of land.

Also, I recently booked my second stay at VBR for Oct/Nov! 4 nights, checking in on Halloween. This will be after a Fantasy cruise with 4 days at WDW on either side of it - some "laid back" Disney sounds like an absolute treat after all of that!

I've read the same on a DVC news site. Probably a smart move if Disney isn't willing to develop that parcel of land.

Also, I recently booked my second stay at VBR for Oct/Nov! 4 nights, checking in on Halloween. This will be after a Fantasy cruise with 4 days at WDW on either side of it - some "laid back" Disney sounds like an absolute treat after all of that!
We typically try to hit Vero after WDW, a great wind down to relax! Enjoy your cruise!:-)

Just back from a 3 night stay at Vero followed by a week at WDW. Thanks for all your comments to help us have a good trip. We got several excellent sandwiches at Beach Bites (there were always CMs in line with us), and we had an okay pizza from Orchid Island. I was a surprised that the pool didn't have "cool-crete," so kiddos were constantly running/jogging around the pool to get to the slide and not burn their feet, and the lifeguards weren't happy about it. The previously-reported love bugs were non-existent by the time we arrived on Memorial Day. My DD (7) liked the arts and crafts, though I thought they were a few dollars more expensive than what they should be. We ate dole whip (yea!) outside one night for about 10 minutes, and I got eaten up by no-see-ums, but DH and DD didn't. I had actually put some Off on, but I suppose I needed one with a higher deet level. I found the beach to be okay. While I think we would return to Vero, it wouldn't be because of the beach. There are prettier beaches in Florida. We stayed in a studio and did some laundry in the communal laundry room. The app was good at notifying you when the washers were done, but the dryers seemed to be offline. Also, the dryers run hot! I put swimsuits in on delicate, and they were done in 10 minutes. Cottons were done on delicate and they were done in 25 minutes.

We moved on from Vero to two other DVC resorts on WDW property, and I have to say that the CMs at Vero were the friendliest and warmest of the bunch. My only "complaint," I suppose, is that for being a Disney resort, there's not much Disney. The most Disney we found was in the tunnel underneath the A1A and in the single topiary (of I think Tick Tock Croc) out front. We weren't there on a Sunday (thus no character breakfast), and they canceled the pirate dinner for Memorial Day evening. A M&G of any character would go a long way to bringing a touch more Disney in. Or maybe having the mini-golfed be Disney themed? As we left, I asked DD if she liked staying at the Disney Resort and she was confused, saying we hadn't been to a Disney resort yet. I pointed out that most (not all) of the trivia in the pool had been Disney-themed trivia and the pool was kinda shaped like Mickey. She wasn't convinced.

We are also just back from a 3-night stay!
We've been owners at Vero for 10 years but this was our first visit. My daughter and I were taking a girls trip once her school year ended, and her only request was a pool and a beach. I figured this was a good time to use up some holding points and finally visit Vero.
Our first day, I was wowed. On our second day, we enjoyed ourselves despite the on-and-off rain and thunderstorms. By the third day, DD was ready to leave (we got on the road to WDW around 10am). And each time I think about the trip, more critical things come to mind, or at least, ways to improve. We enjoyed our time there, the room was really nice, the staff were phenomenal, but what would bring me back to the Vero Beach area or this specific resort for a future vacation? Not sure.
That said, I can see why people love it! It's a quiet, cozy beach resort with some Disney touches.

We plan to go to Vero Beach for 6 nights in a one bedroom unit after our stay at WDW. We plan to be there 2/2 through 2/8/20. I would like to be able to see the ocean from our room. For those who have been to Vero often is there a room request/location request I should make? I think I would like a higher floor but not sure what else to request. Thanks in advance.

We plan to go to Vero Beach for 6 nights in a one bedroom unit after our stay at WDW. We plan to be there 2/2 through 2/8/20. I would like to be able to see the ocean from our room. For those who have been to Vero often is there a room request/location request I should make? I think I would like a higher floor but not sure what else to request. Thanks in advance.
High floor, ocean view.

We often begin or end a cruise out of FL with a stay at VB.

We are going to Vero Beach for the first time and we're looking forward to it after a long year and half stint without a break! How are the restaurants on site. We are staying in a Standard View Inn Room so not going to be cooking on our own. I plan to also not be driving very much... this is a long awaited vacation and i want to be on break. Also, are there any outlet malls around? Thanks!

We are going to Vero Beach for the first time and we're looking forward to it after a long year and half stint without a break! How are the restaurants on site. We are staying in a Standard View Inn Room so not going to be cooking on our own. I plan to also not be driving very much... this is a long awaited vacation and i want to be on break. Also, are there any outlet malls around? Thanks!
Sadly, there is only one restaurant on site, and it's just average. There is also a QS style place with some salads, sandwiches, and such. Beyond that, there's a bar and not much else. If you want to vary your dining, you'll have to drive for several miles as there are no good spots unless you go into Vero Beach proper or even farther north. Unsure of any outlet malls nearby. If you enjoy simply sitting on the beach, by the pool, or at the bar, then VB will be fine (aside from the food situation).

While most of the food is average, the cast members at VB absolutely make up for it. The pride that they have in the resort reminds me of the cast at WDW many years ago.

If you like Mickey Pretzels, IMO Vero's Mickey pretzels are simply the best! They're very different than the hard ones at WDW. So fresh, so soft & SO buttery! 🥨

If you’re currently at the resort, there’s a SpaceX Falcon Heavy launch tonight around 2:30 am. It should be great to see from the beach/boardwalk.

Hi everyone! I'm not a DVC member but am a local FL Resident and thought it would be fun to check out VBR sometime. My husband and I would probably only do a 1 or 2 night stay considering how close we live (about 2 hours south). I've been reading through the thread and wanted your thoughts on a few things.

1. Is this resort typically full? It doesn't seem that large and both weekends I looked at in August show no availability. Is there a time of the year where it's not as crowded? A lot of places in S. Fla are not in season right now which is why I was surprised, unless typical stays are longer than a weekend so I understand in that case.
2. It seems like there was a recent refurb done (maybe 2018) - how are the rooms now in terms of wear and tear? It looks like a standard ocean view would have 2 Queens instead of 1 King, correct? We typically like King rooms with big tv and a walk in shower, but these look like they are shower tubs. Not a deal breaker but just to give you an idea of our preferences in rooms.
3. How are the restaurants in the resort? We tend to like signature dining at WDW so would we be better off traveling outside VBR to get something similar?
4. Is this resort more couples than families, or is it mixed? Not a deal breaker but just wondering if it's more geared toward couples since there aren't any parks, etc. We would probably do beach, pool, nice dinner, and evening drinks/beach strolls.

Just getting an idea so I can keep an eye on this place. TIA!

Hi everyone! I'm not a DVC member but am a local FL Resident and thought it would be fun to check out VBR sometime. My husband and I would probably only do a 1 or 2 night stay considering how close we live (about 2 hours south). I've been reading through the thread and wanted your thoughts on a few things.

1. Is this resort typically full? It doesn't seem that large and both weekends I looked at in August show no availability. Is there a time of the year where it's not as crowded? A lot of places in S. Fla are not in season right now which is why I was surprised, unless typical stays are longer than a weekend so I understand in that case.
2. It seems like there was a recent refurb done (maybe 2018) - how are the rooms now in terms of wear and tear? It looks like a standard ocean view would have 2 Queens instead of 1 King, correct? We typically like King rooms with big tv and a walk in shower, but these look like they are shower tubs. Not a deal breaker but just to give you an idea of our preferences in rooms.
3. How are the restaurants in the resort? We tend to like signature dining at WDW so would we be better off traveling outside VBR to get something similar?
4. Is this resort more couples than families, or is it mixed? Not a deal breaker but just wondering if it's more geared toward couples since there aren't any parks, etc. We would probably do beach, pool, nice dinner, and evening drinks/beach strolls.

Just getting an idea so I can keep an eye on this place. TIA!
1. While in S. Florida summer may be a slower season, for Disney beach resorts such as VB and HHI, it's a tough get because people travel from up north (or Virginia!) just to enjoy the beach. And, yes, most stays are longer than a weekend since we're out-of-staters.
2. We were there in March, and our room (ocean view in the Inn) was in very good shape. Again, it wasn't a standard view, but we had a king, and it was a huge room. Yes, it was a shower/tub.
3. There is only one restaurant at the resort, and it's definitely not Signature. It's fine--a couple of good dishes and a slew of just average ones--but I wouldn't call it a foodie destination. You'd be much better off going into VB proper or the surrounding area. There is also a QS of sorts that serves above average salads and other such fare, but again, the only true restaurant is along the par of a TS restaurant at most Disney moderates.
4. VB is a good mixture, overall, at least in our experience. We noticed a lot of older couples and a lot of families. It also seemed as if most of them were repeat guests as they were familiar with the resort and its CMs. The beach isn't as nice as other beaches up and down the coast, though it's fine. The pool is good but they do the whole party with DJ thing in the afternoons. As for a nice dinner, again, I'd look elsewhere although the Wind and Wave is fine in a pinch. Not sure when their bar shuts down (it's next to the pool), but the resort as a whole is not a start early/end late sort of place. It's a rather laid back, reserved, and languid pace there.
5. My own thoughts: we prefer HHI as the selection of good restaurants are closer (VB proper is a good 15 minutes away); there is more to do; there are places to go first thing in the morning for coffee and pastries and breakfast; and the beach is nicer, though you do have to bike, drive, or take the shuttle there.

Just back from a 3 night stay at Vero followed by a week at WDW. Thanks for all your comments to help us have a good trip. We got several excellent sandwiches at Beach Bites (there were always CMs in line with us), and we had an okay pizza from Orchid Island.

Did you walk to Beach Bites and Orchid Island? I'm just wondering if it's walk-able distance and if you did walk, what route did you take? Hwy 1A1? Or is there a beach path?

Thanks,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!