VERO BEACH Information & Adoration Thread

@wdwcoltsfan, thanks! Your information is so helpful!Cant wait to return, so peaceful!:thumbsup2:cheer2:

We love Vero! It is hard when you are only there for a few days to get out and see what is available. We were at the resort many times and didn't realize the Jungle Trail was there. It wasn't until we had a house in a community that backed up to it that we noticed it. Now, we are on it all the time.

I hope you can get back soon!

We love Vero! It is hard when you are only there for a few days to get out and see what is available. We were at the resort many times and didn't realize the Jungle Trail was there. It wasn't until we had a house in a community that backed up to it that we noticed it. Now, we are on it all the time.

Thanks, going in August Pre WDW! Lucky you are living so close, beautiful area! :goodvibes

Last edited:

We’ve ridden the trail many times. It ends at Pelican Island NWR, or at least it goes through there. We enjoy walking the boardwalk there. The Boardwalk has the names and dates of all the NWRs until a certain date. Pelican Island was the first!

We’ve ridden the trail many times. It ends at Pelican Island NWR, or at least it goes through there. We enjoy walking the boardwalk there. The Boardwalk has the names and dates of all the NWRs until a certain date. Pelican Island was the first!

The boardwalk is really cool! We look at the NWRs to see what is close to us. It's neat to see others enjoy that stuff too:goodvibes

Just got back from 5 great nights at the resort. We were in cottage 1250 and really enjoyed the space since we were a group of 10. We had only visited the resort once before back in 2005 so it was hard to remember if much had changed. The beach was great until the last day when the seaweed came rolling in and covered most of the beach. Luckily there was a period of time once it came in that the water itself was free of seaweed and you could still play in the surf without getting covered.

If anyone has any questions I can try to answer them while the trip is fresh in my mind.

Just got back from 5 great nights at the resort. We were in cottage 1250 and really enjoyed the space since we were a group of 10. We had only visited the resort once before back in 2005 so it was hard to remember if much had changed. The beach was great until the last day when the seaweed came rolling in and covered most of the beach. Luckily there was a period of time once it came in that the water itself was free of seaweed and you could still play in the surf without getting covered.

If anyone has any questions I can try to answer them while the trip is fresh in my mind.
We arrive Sunday and requested 1250 :) so unless someone is in for just the weekend we won't be getting that request. I hope the seaweed clears out before we get there! We were supposed to be 6 adults and 3 DGB (6, 3 and 1.5 years) but my oldest DD is expecting so they are not able to travel :(. I have a few questions (really a lot) Did you go off property, if so, what did you do, where did you eat, did you grill out? Did anyone in your group have an experience with the dreaded no-see-ums? Thanks!

No problems with the no see ums but the sign was up in the lobby. I did see they had bug wipes available at the front desk.

We did BBQ one night. I was expecting gas grills like Aulani but the charcoal grills worked great. Just took a little longer since we had to wait on the coals to get ready. You have to supply your own charcoal. There was someone using the grills every night we were there.

We ate breakfast, lunch, and dinner in the room. We have never cooked that much in our DVC room before but had brought 6 unrelated broke college students who were friends with my daughter. To try and keep the costs for them low we offered to feed them. My wife and I did sneak away and eat breakfast at Wind and Waves one morning. Had to get out Mickey waffle fix!

We did eat out for dinner once at Squid Lips. Even with a large group of 10 we only had to wait 15 minutes. Everyone enjoyed their food.

I’ll post some pics, especially showing the before and after of the seaweed. It was a little annoying but not trip ending.

Here are some pictures showing the before
IMG_0048.png
There were two thin lines of seaweed that looked to have been on the beach for quite some time. It was where the water reached during high tide and was not in the water at all at other times.

IMG_5491.png
IMG_5492.png
and after.

It was all in the water as well for a time and as high tide would come back it would grab the seaweed and pull it back into the water. Others at the resort said they heard that Disney used a 3rd party to remove it when it happened but it would be several days before they would call them.

No problems with the no see ums but the sign was up in the lobby. I did see they had bug wipes available at the front desk.

We did BBQ one night. I was expecting gas grills like Aulani but the charcoal grills worked great. Just took a little longer since we had to wait on the coals to get ready. You have to supply your own charcoal. There was someone using the grills every night we were there.

We ate breakfast, lunch, and dinner in the room. We have never cooked that much in our DVC room before but had brought 6 unrelated broke college students who were friends with my daughter. To try and keep the costs for them low we offered to feed them. My wife and I did sneak away and eat breakfast at Wind and Waves one morning. Had to get out Mickey waffle fix!

We did eat out for dinner once at Squid Lips. Even with a large group of 10 we only had to wait 15 minutes. Everyone enjoyed their food.

I’ll post some pics, especially showing the before and after of the seaweed. It was a little annoying but not trip ending.
Very nice of you to feed the "big kids"..Great idea to utilize the grills to keep restaurant costs down. As we all know, most college kids can and like to eat a lot, lol!::yes:: Thanks for the pics of the seaweed. We have been to Vero several times, but never encountered the issue, but then again, have never been there March-April. Is it unusual or something common to these months?:confused::confused: Seems like you had a great trip! Such a relaxing resort; looking forward to our August stay before WDW!:banana:

I do have charcoal on my list, note to self to get matches or a lighter. 5 of the 6 grills at Aulani had broken starters when we were there in January, and no one had matches. Glad to hear about your experience at Squid Lips, it's on our list. We don't usually cook in our room that much either but the 3 yr old is still working on her table manners :duck:for peace of mind, and consideration of the good people in Florida we are limiting the exposure. Thanks for sharing the pics. I can see why Disney would prefer the tide take it back out, hoping it's gone on Sunday, one way or the other.

We have a cottage June 11-17 for 11 people (7 adults and 4 kids ages 5-8). I have several questions: Do I need to call the resort directly to reserve the Character breakfast? Can I reserve cabanas and beach chairs before we arrive. I'm concerned that since we are arriving on a Tuesday that they may not be available. Can I get groceries delivered to the resort? Thanks for your help.

I do not believe that you can reserve cabanas and chairs in advance. We did it as soon as we arrived and reserved at that time for length of stay. Enjoy! Can’t wait for our August visit!

We have a cottage June 11-17 for 11 people (7 adults and 4 kids ages 5-8). I have several questions: Do I need to call the resort directly to reserve the Character breakfast? Can I reserve cabanas and beach chairs before we arrive. I'm concerned that since we are arriving on a Tuesday that they may not be available. Can I get groceries delivered to the resort? Thanks for your help.
You must call to reserve the character breakfast. While talking to the resort, you can ask about the beach set-ups, but I don't believe you can reserve them in advance. For week stay, you really might want to buy a few chairs to supplement what you rent - it gets pricey to rent. And pick up some sand toys for the kids. I do not know the answer to the grocery delivery - we usually stop at the Publix on the way in.

Booked a studio for 3 nights in November. No inn ocean view rooms were available any dates I tried. Does anyone know if you can get an oceanview with a studio? or what to request?

We are arriving next week for four nights (after a week of parks) and I just saw someone commenting in another group that Wind and Waves is closed throughout May. They mentioned buffet breakfasts and dinners in a large conference room. Anyone know any more...like prices? Is anyone there now who can comment? I was looking forward to eating there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!