VERO BEACH Information & Adoration Thread

I just saw that. Should have went to the website first. But thanks for answering!!

FYI: The Pirate dinner is not offered every Monday night, regardless of what the website says. After a lot of rigamarole in an attempt to make a reservation for Memorial Day, I was told that it is only select Mondays until June 3. (One would think that Memorial Day would be one of the "select" Mondays.) Then it is theoretically offered every Monday until Labor Day.

We just will miss you as we're headed down later this month. Hope it is that nice when we're there!
I hope it will be as nice or even better!:sunny:

This morning we are at Als Family farm for a tour of working citrus farm. Something I have wanted to do for years, ever since I picked up a flyer in a Ft Pierce restaurant but we have not been to Vero at a time they were being held since I have gotten my knees replaced until now. They caution about uneven terrain, I have my cane and I am ready to see!

What a nostalgic, interesting place. Tour begins at 10:30, I think the cost is $6.50 and they offer senior, military discounts.

The orange groves nearer Vero are no longer producing from what we can tell. The Hale store on route 1 is boarded up. Truly the end of an era!

Al’s Family Farm has delicious oranges and OJ. The hour long trip to get there was definitely worth it for us. We are happy we went on the tour.

31F6D1A6-B450-4A6F-A9B4-0E4E905CF826.jpeg 7504D045-7EB3-4FE7-A49B-C33577266448.jpeg

When does the turtle action usually begin? We are considering a few nights mid May pre/post cruise and wondering if there would any turtle tours yet?

I hope it will be as nice or even better!:sunny:

This morning we are at Als Family farm for a tour of working citrus farm. Something I have wanted to do for years, ever since I picked up a flyer in a Ft Pierce restaurant but we have not been to Vero at a time they were being held since I have gotten my knees replaced until now. They caution about uneven terrain, I have my cane and I am ready to see!

What a nostalgic, interesting place. Tour begins at 10:30, I think the cost is $6.50 and they offer senior, military discounts.

The orange groves nearer Vero are no longer producing from what we can tell. The Hale store on route 1 is boarded up. Truly the end of an era!
I was under the impression that Hales is boarded up certain times of the year, but they're closed for good? We always go in summer, when they're not open...

I was under the impression that Hales is boarded up certain times of the year, but they're closed for good? We always go in summer, when they're not open...
I think it very definitely is closed for good.:sad2: We loved their freshnOJ, but Al’s is just as good. We bought Indian River OJ AT Publix, but it’s not nearly as good as either of those!

In the Vero Magazine there is reference to a closer citrus farm, that in the winter has a field for Pick Your Own Strawberries!!

https://www.countrysidecitrus.com/

We have other plans for tomorrow, but we hope to drive by this place. If we don’t get a chance, I am making note for next year’s January/February stay!

Is there still a Sunday brunch at Wind and Waves? Does anyone have a photo of the menu? Does anyone know if there was special brunch for Mother's Day last year?

I think it very definitely is closed for good.:sad2: We loved their freshnOJ, but Al’s is just as good. We bought Indian River OJ AT Publix, but it’s not nearly as good as either of those!
Hales moved their retail store to their pack house which is south on route 1 towards downtown Vero

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter