Vero and Dorian

If I cancel since I borrowed the points from next years use years will they be returned or will I have to use them this year?

If I cancel since I borrowed the points from next years use years will they be returned or will I have to use them this year?
Not exactly sure, but I bet if you call MS or do the online chat, they will be able to let you know before cancelling.

FWIW....I'm booked for later next week....But I received this from someone who is close to management. Vero is supposedly prepping for evacuation as long as Dorian stays on the current path.

We have backup ressies at WDW...Just in case.

Also, DVC will TRY to advise if there's a resort closure. Because of spam etc, notification isn't guaranteed, but pay attention to DVC if you're planning on Vero within the next 10 days,

Plus there is a new disturbance off the coast of Africa that has a 30% of developing within the next five days. Our stay doesn't begin until Sept 29. Maybe we'll be bringing our two cats with us as well as our dog (dog is scheduled for Best Friends since our vet isn't open on Sun and we hate to board her longer than necessary since her sister died in April). We evacuated for Irma from SW Florida and left on Wednesday and traffic was horrible about the time we hit Tampa all the way until we turned off I75 in Georgia. My two furry boys might like OKW.

FWIW....I'm booked for later next week....But I received this from someone who is close to management. Vero is supposedly prepping for evacuation as long as Dorian stays on the current path.

We have backup ressies at WDW...Just in case.

Also, DVC will TRY to advise if there's a resort closure. Because of spam etc, notification isn't guaranteed, but pay attention to DVC if you're planning on Vero within the next 10 days,
Thanks for the info. We are due to check into Vero Beach on Sept 7th. We suspect that if it's as devastating as they are predicting, that the beach will be closed for sure because it will be a mess. I was checking online to see if there are studios available at WDW for that week instead, as we have the MK After Hours event on the Thursday (Sept 12th), so thought maybe we should make it a WDW trip instead of the VB/WDW one night plan. Unfortunately, no availability for the full 5 nights we have currently booked at VB. Guess we will wait and see how VB weathers this horrible storm. We were looking forward to a relaxing 5 nights on the Beach, and then getting in a WDW "one-night fix" before we head back to Canada. But if plans have to change or cancel, not losing sleep over it. Much more concerned for those who are there and will live through this.

To all that are in Florida, please stay safe !

We're booked at VB the 6th - 10th, but made backup ressies at OKW. This would have been our first trip as Vero owners, so I'm a little sad if we can't make it. Though I expect with the probable flooding in the area, we won't make it.

Everyone stay safe...We'll be hunkered down at SSR until the 6th and will be wishing for the best for everyone.

I'm on with MS now. We decided to cancel the Vero portion of our trip, checking in on Sep 6th, because the area will surely be flooded and a complete mess and they couldn't/wouldn't waive the holding of the points. They said just wait it out and if a hurricane warning is issued, then they'll waive the holding.

I'm not mad or anything, but was surprised. Like others, my concern is for those who live in the area.

I’ve never seen bad flooding here in the Vero/Sebastian area. I remember when my husband drove over by the resort after Frances and Jeanne nearly 15 years ago. There were power lines and lots of limbs down across the road. We had lunch at the resort on one of the first days after it reopened and there was no one there.

I'm on with MS now. We decided to cancel the Vero portion of our trip, checking in on Sep 6th, because the area will surely be flooded and a complete mess and they couldn't/wouldn't waive the holding of the points. They said just wait it out and if a hurricane warning is issued, then they'll waive the holding.

I'm not mad or anything, but was surprised. Like others, my concern is for those who live in the area.
We are slated to check into VB on the 7th. On Friday, I too contacted MS via chat. Was told that normal cancellation policies were in effect for my date, but to keep watch. MS was closed today, but I'm hoping that since this storm has a mind of it's own, and no one really knows when it will affect the coast of Florida, that they will let me cancel my ressie from the 7th to the 12th, and return my points without having to do the holding thing. Since the resort is closed, they won't even be assessing the potential damage until we are already enroute, so would like to get this resolved sooner than later. I can't get a DVC studio or even a value resort room at WDW, so right now we are looking at turning our vacation into WDW, but staying offsite. Fortunately, we are driving down from Ontario Canada, so we can be flexible with where we end up staying. I already have backup ressies in place !

I feel so bad for those that evacuated on Friday anticipating Sun/Mon hurricane, and now don't have a clue when they might be able to return home. Stay safe to those that are there.

It’s now a hurricane. We live in Sebastian and I’m a little worried. Latest info shows it hitting north of here as a cat 3.
I closed on a house in Sebastian July 15th, had planned on coming down for the 1st time Friday AM but I cancelled my flights on Thursday. The Delta rep gave me a credit since the waiver wasn't in affect yet, I would have cancelled regardless. My realtor made sure my shutters were put on and the deliveries I had scheduled for Friday were put in the house. The same day I also made reservations for a 3 bedroom Cottage at DVB for the last week in March. I hope the Cottages hold up ok. We stayed in the Cottage in April and the beach did not seem wide enough to handle what they are predicting. At least I do not need to worry about loss of power, or food, water and gas shortages. I hope you all get through this safely.

I closed on a house in Sebastian July 15th, had planned on coming down for the 1st time Friday AM but I cancelled my flights on Thursday. The Delta rep gave me a credit since the waiver wasn't in affect yet, I would have cancelled regardless. My realtor made sure my shutters were put on and the deliveries I had scheduled for Friday were put in the house. The same day I also made reservations for a 3 bedroom Cottage at DVB for the last week in March. I hope the Cottages hold up ok. We stayed in the Cottage in April and the beach did not seem wide enough to handle what they are predicting. At least I do not need to worry about loss of power, or food, water and gas shortages. I hope you all get through this safely.

The forecast has improved so I hope we are in the clear. The barrier island is still under mandatory evacuation and they are closing the bridges at midnight.

It sounds like your house is in good shape. Hopefully, you can get here soon to enjoy it.

Haven't turned on the Weather Channel yet but so happy to see the msn.com update. Appears to be better than we could have hoped for. Relief finally for Abaco and a better buffer than expected.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter