Venture outside your comfort zone: the rewards are worth it! KSellers88’s Journal (Comments Welcome)

Daaaaaang girl......You better go ahead with your bad self!!! March 1 will be my two year anniversary of running and you're an inspiration! Great pics! Congrats on all the bling! Your marathon recap sounds nearly identical to mine (but you're quite a bit faster). First 5 were good, but crowded, potty break at around mile 6. Crazy ITB pain between 14-16 (idk AK-WWOS) for the duration of the race. I never broke stride as I was afraid I wouldn't be able to restart! Looking forward to my next marathon and improving my time with no pain!

Thank you so much! How is your ITB now?? I ran for the first time today and thankfully it felt fine. Congrats on your marathon finish!!

Looks like you have a lot of half’s planned in atlanta. I did area 13.1 last year. Wear a headlamp and the course is short. My garmin had it at 12.6. I asked around and people said it was typical.

Yes! We are about 1.5 hours south of Atlanta so it is relatively easy to get there for races since we don't have a lot locally. Thanks for the tips! I guess I'll run an extra .5 for my warm up! :goodvibes

Awesome recap and amazing finish time! Especially considering you were fighting some pain.

Also bonus points for rose gold ears + mickey pants Sundae + actual mickey all in one collage!

I loved BLT the one time our family stayed there. So fun you got that last minute booking!!!

Thanks so much! Congrats on your first place finish today in the arctic!

We loved it too and I couldn't believe when I found it at the price we got it for! So excited to stay there for a week for Princess!

Congrats on finishing your second marathon! That is no small feat.

This is exactly how I finished as well! I LOVE the chipmunks and was a little bummed I didn't see them in WWoS. Then I turned the corner toward the finish and there they were! I was too excited about seeing them and the finish to actually pay attention to which one I high-fived... Whoever it was, it was the one in the right. Anyone know?

One more thing, best of luck on your goals! One half a month is very ambitious! Especially in the hot sunny summer months.

Thank you! Congrats on your finish as well!

I high-fived the one on the right too, so let me know if you find out who he was :rotfl2:

Thank you so much! How is your ITB now?? I ran for the first time today and thankfully it felt fine. Congrats on your marathon finish!!
Thank you! My ITB was better the moment I stopped! That said, I haven’t ran yet and will enjoy another week off! Woot woot!!

Race Update!

I've officially registered for some additional races, so I've updated my calendar. I'm still trying to figure out which half I want to do for October (Myrtle Beach or Atlanta Halloween). Has anyone ran either of these and can provide feedback?

I've also been talked into doing the Run Across Georgia relay again over Memorial Day weekend. It's the last year they are having it, so it wasn't very hard to persuade me.
:rotfl:

Runs 1.png
Runs 2.png
Based on this schedule, I'll also be checking three more states off my list...now let's just hope my legs can keep up with my brain's plans!

Congrats, I enjoyed your marathon recap. Seriously, your marathon story is pretty similar in times (and pains at the end causing a slow down as well) as mine I bet we were close to each other a lot. Great pictures too!

Congrats, I enjoyed your marathon recap. Seriously, your marathon story is pretty similar in times (and pains at the end causing a slow down as well) as mine I bet we were close to each other a lot. Great pictures too!

Thanks so much! I wish I would have known at the time, maybe we could've encouraged each other because I was seriously struggling around the Boardwalk and Epcot.

I’m enjoying your training report! You have some great action running pics.

I’m scheduled to run the Kiawah Half since I had to defer in 2017 due to being snowed in. It’s super flat and PR possible. They have a great deferral policy.

Awesome job on the Marathon!! We actually started in the same coral-sorry I didn't know to look for you. I was near the front too.
That is quite the race calendar you've got picked out! Love the dedication.

That race schedule is so impressive (and intense)! I haven't run it, but a halloween race sounds pretty fun : )

LOL! Not planning to race them all, so that should help! It does sound like a lot of fun and I'd get use out of these Disney running costumes!

I’m enjoying your training report! You have some great action running pics.

I’m scheduled to run the Kiawah Half since I had to defer in 2017 due to being snowed in. It’s super flat and PR possible. They have a great deferral policy.

Oh awesome! Have you ran the half before? I am shooting for the full there.

Awesome job on the Marathon!! We actually started in the same coral-sorry I didn't know to look for you. I was near the front too.
That is quite the race calendar you've got picked out! Love the dedication.

Oh I wish I had known and I would have looked for you too! I actually ended up somewhat in the middle, closer to the front due to a last minute porta-potty stop. Thanks so much!

MLK 5K Recap and New Training Plan!

I ran our local MLK 5k on Saturday, January 13th as part of our local running club Winter Series. This is race number four of five and has a 5k or 10k option. I selected the 5k since it was only 6 days post WDW Marathon. It was absolutely freezing race morning, with temperatures in the 30s and a nice 10-15 mph wind. Luckily the start line is by our YMCA so I was able to hang out inside prior to the start. Picture below was in the local paper and shows how we Southerners react to cold weather.
mlk.jpg
I told myself to run this race slow, but there is something about the 5k distance where I just can’t hold myself back. I was also a little worried about my IT band, but I had no issues! Soooo I ended up running a 26:15 with an 8:25 average pace, nowhere near a PR but pushing it a little for 6 days post marathon. My splits were 8:29, 8:43 and 8:12. The wind was a major issue during mile 2 which caused the slow down. Most people in this race series are normally pretty fast, but I wound up getting 1st in my age group! YAY!
MLK 5K.jpg
In other news, we had two snow days last week! We rarely ever get snow, and while it is really pretty to look at I prefer 70 degree weather or higher!
snow 1.jpg snow 2018.jpg

So what’s next??
My new training plan started Monday! I am trying for a half marathon PR (1:56:04) on April 28th at the Nashville Rock n’ Roll half. I know it is very hilly and may be hot, but I am hoping to train and prepare for that. The wonderful @DopeyBadger created my plan and I am so ready to see what I can do!

Running Schedule (1/22-1/28):
M- 4 miles @ EA (10:12)
T- 4 miles @ EB (9:34)
W- Off
Th- 4 miles @ EA
F- 4 miles @ EA
Sa- 13.1 miles at Long Run (9:10)
Su- 5 miles @ EA

This weekend I have my January half marathon, the Callaway Gardens half! One month down, eleven to go!

Congrats on the award! I get so excited when I finish near the top of my ag, even if there are only like 7 of us total.

I'm also following a db plan for an April 28 half. It'll be fun to train virtually alongside you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter