Venture outside your comfort zone: the rewards are worth it! KSellers88’s Journal (Comments Welcome)

Your hubby is the best!!

I also love the medal. It's super unique. Congrats again on a great rushing and crushing a new PR!!

I love that picture of you in the Burley! Your hubby is a keeper for sure! :thumbsup2

Thank you! I agree, he definitely is!

You certainly didn’t let any of us down! You’re a champ! Congrats again!

Thanks so much! Y'all are the best!:love:

You have so much to celebrate after a great race!! Congrats again!!

I love that you matched your shorts to the medal :)

I hope your recovery goes well!

Thank you! LOL, I was wondering if anyone would notice. You know I love to dress according to the theme!

Was going to say, hubby is a keeper. I also like the medal. Glad you enjoyed the race. I might consider it sometime in the future. It looks like a nice place and not too far for me either. Congrats on the PR. You did fantastic!!

Thank you! It really was a great, well organized race. I felt like the size was good too. Only issue is you take a right turn right after the start, so that was tricky to navigate with the crowds but then it all thinned out. Kiawah is absolutely beautiful as well so that was an added plus!

Huge congrats!!!!!

Thank you!

Your hubby is the best!!

I also love the medal. It's super unique. Congrats again on a great rushing and crushing a new PR!!

He is! He might not run with me, but he is a great supporter. I love it too and that it is so different from my others. Thank you so much!

Love your recap and that medal! Congratulations again on the race and a new PR!! Enjoy your rest and recovery! :)

Thank you! I appreciate it so much!

Congrats! A 20 min PR and 7.5% improvement from one marathon to the next is no joke. You should be very proud. I know we all are of you. Good luck with you other goals! :goodvibes

Thanks, coach! Couldn't have done it without you! Very proud, but still hunting for that sub-4 and maybe Boston one day!

That picture of you in the kiddie trailer is awesome! What a fantastic husband you have!

LOL, thanks! He is the best!

i was going to say don't give up hope on Boston. I ran my first marathon in 1999 in 4:48 and thought omg there is no way i will EVER be fast enough to run Boston. Then in Disney 2009 I ran a 4:39 minute marathon and thought OMG i could go under 4:30 and looked at Boston and still said OMG i will never be that fast. I will say it helped that i got older and got the extra time but i still had to run fast. With @DopeyBadger help and training plan, i got there (well so i hope, will find out in sep). It is possible. Don't give up hope.

No doubt you'll get there. Just stay hungry.

:thanks:

i was going to say don't give up hope on Boston. I ran my first marathon in 1999 in 4:48 and thought omg there is no way i will EVER be fast enough to run Boston. Then in Disney 2009 I ran a 4:39 minute marathon and thought OMG i could go under 4:30 and looked at Boston and still said OMG i will never be that fast. I will say it helped that i got older and got the extra time but i still had to run fast. With @DopeyBadger help and training plan, i got there (well so i hope, will find out in sep). It is possible. Don't give up hope.

Thank you so much! Congrats on qualifying and I cannot wait to hear if you make the cutoff, my fingers are crossed for you!

So I have a bit of a conundrum...as some of you know my mom has been dealing with a broken foot since August. We just found out that not only does she have a fractured foot but she also has a fractured ankle. She is scheduled for surgery on December 28th. She is my Disney travel partner and since she definitely won't be up and moving or feel like taking a trip to Disney we have cancelled our reservations for January and moved our tickets to Princess weekend instead since I was already signed up for that.

I keep going back and forth on what to do about the Marathon since I have already paid for it. We live only six hours away so we could drive down on Saturday, stay one night and drive back after the marathon on Sunday, but that just sounds exhausting. I don't know what to do...LOL. :confused3:rolleyes:

Congrats on a great marathon and new PR. I have been in your shoes with the "negative nancy" thoughts invading my head and trying to sabotage my race. Way to overcome and finish strong.

Thank you for sharing pics and info about the race, it looks like a great event.

What marathon do you plan to run next?

Congrats on the marathon! I have to admit, I was expecting a sub-4 time, because I know you're capable of it, but everyone has struggled during races, and to get a 20 minute PR in a race where you struggled mentally is some kind of amazing. You are a rockstar!! I know you'll get that sub-4 some day, but until then ... keep being awesome. You inspire so many people (including me) just by going out there and running.

Sorry to hear about your mom's foot. I hope the surgery goes well and she has a good and speedy recovery. Selfishly, I want you to go to marathon weekend, but... I get why it's a tough decision.

Congrats on a great marathon and new PR. I have been in your shoes with the "negative nancy" thoughts invading my head and trying to sabotage my race. Way to overcome and finish strong.

Thank you for sharing pics and info about the race, it looks like a great event.

What marathon do you plan to run next?

Thank you so much! It was a wonderful race and I'd do it again, absolutely beautiful. I am signed up for WDW, but I am 98% sure that won't happen now due to my mom's surgery. When I crossed the finish line, I said "never again", but now I am already looking at options near me. LOL.

Congrats on the marathon! I have to admit, I was expecting a sub-4 time, because I know you're capable of it, but everyone has struggled during races, and to get a 20 minute PR in a race where you struggled mentally is some kind of amazing. You are a rockstar!! I know you'll get that sub-4 some day, but until then ... keep being awesome. You inspire so many people (including me) just by going out there and running.

Sorry to hear about your mom's foot. I hope the surgery goes well and she has a good and speedy recovery. Selfishly, I want you to go to marathon weekend, but... I get why it's a tough decision.

Thank you! This makes me happy and sad at the same time. I definitely feel like I trained for it and probably had it in the bag, but my mental game needs work. I appreciate your comments so much, and I hope you will continue posting regularly because you inspire me as well!

Thanks so much! She has her ankle MRI tomorrow to determine if pins are needed there or not. She seems to think she will not be out of commission for long, but we both know a Disney trip two weeks after surgery to get plates and pins in your foot is not a great idea. I think if Disney was 4 hours away instead of 6 I would be there for sure, but that's a long way to go for only two days. My plan/decision changes every 30 seconds. LOL.

Hope everything goes well with your Mom's surgery.
WDW 2020?!!!

Thank you! I probably won't be back until another anniversary year to run. They just cost so much and there are so many other races I want to try! Best of luck at Myrtle Beach!

:wave: Hey y'all! Still here and running and loving reading everyone's training journals. I am so excited to see everyone crush it Marathon Weekend and I'm trying to figure out what's next for me. I hit 1,800 miles today which was my goal for the year and then realized last year I ran 1,822 so now I think I need 1,823 miles this year! :rotfl:My mom had her surgery last week and recovery is going well so far. It was a bit more extensive than we had originally thought, so she will be on her knee scooter for at least 6 weeks, so Marathon Weekend is 99.9% out for me, unless I do something crazy. LOL.

Currently trying to figure out goals for next year...as I've said before I do not do well without some sort of goal or plan so we will see what I come up with!

I hope you all had a great Christmas and a very happy New Year! Here's some recent pictures of my little family!
IMG_2302.jpg IMG_2523.jpg IMG_2651.jpg IMG_2652.jpg IMG_2677.jpg IMG_2681.jpg IMG_2682.jpg

Your family pics are wonderful. Can’t wait to hear about your plans. I am getting a little burnt out so hoping after the 50k and a little rest we get some crazy idea as well. I really hope maybe this year we can run an atlanta race together.

I am here for the crazy!

LOL, don't get your hopes up. The thought of driving 12 hours by myself just does not sound appealing. RNR NOLA though, right??

Your family pics are wonderful. Can’t wait to hear about your plans. I am getting a little burnt out so hoping after the 50k and a little rest we get some crazy idea as well. I really hope maybe this year we can run an atlanta race together.

Thank you! I agree, I've been taking it super easy recently but I'm starting to get the itch again for some goals. I hope so too! Let me know what your plans are and I'll try to make it work! I've only ever done Publix, Hotlanta, and Area 13.1 so I'd love to try others!

Great pics! Dog families are different than cat families. If we tried to stage a pic with our cats, it would result in the tree knocked down, bleeding, and a small fire.

I hit 1,800 miles today which was my goal for the year and then realized last year I ran 1,822 so now I think I need 1,823 miles this year!

I'm way behind you in miles, but I noticed the same thing: I'm really close to beating last year's mileage, so I set it as a mini-goal.

You should try for the Peachtree road race. A 10k with 60k of your closest friends. It is July 4. If you want in let me know I can get 2 more people signed up through being a sponsor. Am sure there is a half or something we can do. Maybe the Halloween half. Can possibly even get @OldSlowGoofyGuy to join :).

For what it's worth: OSGG is in. (although not for PRR. I've run it with my bro for the last 32 years.) CRR 5/10K, Charles Harris 10K if you're looking for a early POT race.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter