Venture outside your comfort zone: the rewards are worth it! KSellers88’s Journal (Comments Welcome)

A day late, but Happy Birthday!

Thank you so much!!

First off, belated happy birthday! I'm like the cat you posted with my work, too, so I'm so sorry that I'm just catching up now.

Hey, one woman's reeses and sprite are another woman's pizza and beer (that's me!)... to each their own : )

I'll actually be at WDW during W&D weekend but I'm not running. Womp womp. Someday.

I have three (large) dogs and they're all terrible running partners... I'm so jealous that you get to run with Barkley!

No worries at all! I do pretty well at reading everyone's updates, I just stink at writing my own. LOL. I'll take the pizza, but you can have all the beer! So about W&D, I now have major medal FOMO over the 5k medal and I'm trying to figure out if I can make it happen.

I am hoping he continues to love it! He's technically not supposed to be running yet, so I try to only take him on walks but he hates going so slow! My other two are pomeranians and there's NO way I could get them on a walk, much less a run!

I have some amazing birthday news for you!! I was running in my beautiful Tie Dyed Launch 5s today and afterwards noticed that the mileage was over 400 on them. YIKES. So I went to see if maaaaybe there was a chance that they got restocked. They didn't. So I emailed them and this is what they said:

"We received a restock of the shoes today, they will be added online by Monday at the latest!"

Just thought you would want to know. I know I am gonna grab another pair! They are my favorite!

OH. EM. GEEEEEEEE. I've got the website pulled up on my computer now and will be checking obsessively. If you see them, please let me know and I'll do the same! So excited! #twins

Happy belated birthday from one August baby to another!

Thank you! Happy birthday to you as well!! (am I late or early???)

OMG we are so close! Happy happy birthday! Is it rude to ask what year? You don't have to say if you don't want to! LOL. I just turned 30, was born on 8/8/88!

That is a great birth date! Mine is not nearly as cool 8/10/75 - now very firmly in my 40's. :D

That is the coolest birthday ever!

LOL, thanks! I was also born at 4:04 AM, which is probably where my obsession with numbers comes from.

That is the coolest birth date ever.

Thank you! I have so much fun telling people when they ask for my birth date.

That is a great birth date! Mine is not nearly as cool 8/10/75 - now very firmly in my 40's. :D

Any August birthday is a cool birthday! :cool1: I hope it was wonderful!

Updates two weeks in a row?!?!
tenor.gif

Remember how I was going to go far another PR this weekend?...Yeah, that's not going to happen. We are looking at a T&D of around 140+ and the potential for storms so I'll just be shooting to finish half number 8 of 12 for the year instead! I am not too bummed about it though, I just got a half PR in April and I am really hoping for a marathon PR in December, so I'll focus on that instead.

I did manage to get my runs done, so here is what happened!

8/9: 9 miles with a dead watch. LOL
8/10: 6 miles @ 10:31 pace.
8/11: 8 miles @ 9:41 pace.
8/12: 8 miles @ 9:13 pace.
8/13: 6 treadmill miles @ 10:00ish pace.
8/14: After a 6 hour meeting at work, I moved this run to today so I'll run 5 miles this afternoon with some T pace work.

After Saturday's half, I'll have a bit of a break until my marathon training plan starts on 8/25. I am signed up for the Kiawah Island Marathon on December 8th. I'll post more detailed information on my goals, but they are big and scary and I hope I can make it happen!

In other news, I am now officially 30 and I got our rooms booked for Marathon Weekend and Princess Weekend so I've had a productive week I think! Here's another Barkley picture just because he's cute!

barkley paddleboard 2.jpg

Good luck on your race this weekend. It's smart to scale back sometimes ya know?

Great week on getting your rooms booked. Woohoo! Where are you staying?

Love Barkley as always.

Good luck on your race this weekend. It's smart to scale back sometimes ya know?

Great week on getting your rooms booked. Woohoo! Where are you staying?

Love Barkley as always.

Thank you! I am glad I kept up with some of the speed work, but I am also glad not to have that added pressure of getting a PR.

We are at POP Century. I'd love to stay at BLT again like we did this year, but I can get more trips in if I stay at POP so that wins. LOL. Where are y'all staying? I have a horrible memory...

Thank you, I love him too! :love:

Area 13.1 Race Recap: Half #8 of 12 for 2018!

Originally this race was supposed to be my second "A" goal race of the year. However, looking at the weather leading up to the race, Coach @DopeyBadger and I decided that a PR would not be in the cards. I think this helped me go into the race much more relaxed than normal, but it also probably had a negative impact on my water and fuel intake. :confused3

We live about two hours from the race location, but since this was a night race we didn't have to spend the night or rush. We got to Roswell, ate dinner and then headed to the park where the race was located to just hang out until it started. Luckily we got a set under a covered pavilion because it started pouring about an hour before the race. It stopped raining about 20 minutes before the start, so I was still able to get some stretching in.

The race started at 7:00PM and it was maybe 80ish degrees out with a dew point somewhere in the 70s. It was very humid and the rain had made several spots on the course pretty slippery. Another issue is that the first 3ish miles were partially on a trail, which had turned into a mud pit. I thought that I had signed up for a half, not for Tough Mudder. LOL.

Below are my splits, started out WAYY too fast and there was a massive hill at mile 7 that left me defeated. It did rain a little off and on throughout the run, but it was a refreshing break. It got dark once I had about a mile left, luckily I had brought my tiny headlamp.
area 131 3.jpg

Overall happy with my finish time, but definitely need to race smarter next time. This race was really well put together and pretty organized for a smaller race. The course was nice also minus the massive hill and muddy spots. I probably won't do it again just due to the distance, but I'm glad I did it once! Now it's time to get down to business on training for my third marathon!

area131 2.jpg area131.jpg

I like that you wore green! You had what I would consider cruddy race weather!

I though about you as I was listening to the news on the radio this morning. A couple had a child born 8/18/18 at 18:18 (military time)!

Yeah that hill is a beast. Looks like that might have made the course more correct. Last year my garmin was 12.6 miles. The weather was not great glad you got under one of the pavilions to stay dry. Nice job.

I like that you wore green! You had what I would consider cruddy race weather!

I though about you as I was listening to the news on the radio this morning. A couple had a child born 8/18/18 at 18:18 (military time)!

LOL, thanks! I always try to match the themes for races because I am crazy.

How cool! That is so awesome! I hope my future kid has a cool birthday too.

Well done. Tough conditions. Time to tackle the big one!

Thanks, coach! Let's do this!

Yeah that hill is a beast. Looks like that might have made the course more correct. Last year my garmin was 12.6 miles. The weather was not great glad you got under one of the pavilions to stay dry. Nice job.

Thank you! That hill was a monster. LOL. I kept thinking to myself that multiple people had said the course was short and they must have changed it. I enjoyed it, but I am not sure I will be back.

Great race with tough conditions. You are so speedy!!!

Thank you, still wish I was faster but I am happy with my progress so far. I am so excited to see y'all crush Chicago in 47 days (if I did my math right, lol)!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!