Venture outside your comfort zone: the rewards are worth it! KSellers88’s Journal (Comments Welcome)

Omg I loooooove these!!! I need them! I’m an 8.5 too....wah

I really need these too, I used to run in an 8 so I am thinking I may just get those and not do a lot of long runs in them. LOL

I do not need another pair of shoes. I do not need another pair of shoes. I type this as I stare at the pair of Ghosts and three pairs of Knockarounds that got delivered this week.....

LOL! I have not bought shoes in a really long time (literally since December)...so that means I need more, right?!? Sunglasses are a different story!

I'm behind on updates...once again!
giphy.gif

In our last update, I was still dealing with a lingering cough which I am happy to announce is basically gone! I have an appointment with an ENT tomorrow to figure out why I've gotten 4 sinus infections in the last year. The only problem is that ENT appointment is scheduled during my normal run time, so I have to work out my schedule to get it done.

Here's what's happened since our last update..
7/9: 4 miles @ 10:29, cut this run two miles short due to lingering cough.
7/10: 4 miles @ 9:22 pace, based on conversations with @DopeyBadger I skipped my track workout and did 4 miles at EB pace.
7/11: Rest Day!
7/12: 1 mile warm up, 2 miles @ 8:22 pace, 5x 1/10th mile repeats :-)41, :42, :40, :40, :44), 1 mile @ 8:17 pace and 2 mile cool down. Those 1/10th mile repeats were supposed to be 200m, but I forgot to program my watch so I changed it to 1/10th of a mile. I have since started manually lapping my 200m repeats and it is much easier, like Billy said to do from the beginning. LOL. :confused3
7/13: 4 miles @ 10:24 pace.
7/14: 6 miles @ 9:45 pace.
7/15: 6 miles @ 9:19 pace.
7/16: missed run due to work chaos.
7/17: 1 mile warm up, 9x 3:00 intervals (paces were: 7:43, 7:38, 7:44, 7:46, 7:47, 7:57, 7:52, 7:53, 7:57), and a 2 mile cool down. I started to lose it on the last few intervals, but managed to cover .38 to .39 miles for each repeat. It was so stinkin' hot.
7/18: Rest Day!
7/19: 1 mile warm up, 2x2 mile (8:15, 8:17, 8:13 and 8:11 paces), 4x200m repeats :-)53, :52, :53, :48) and 1 mile cool down. I was dang proud of that last 200m repeat on tired legs!
7/20: 5 miles @ 10:07 pace.
7/21: 8 miles @ 9:28 pace.
7/22: 13 miles at 9:28 pace, adjusted from 9:10 goal pace for T&D.

Upcoming training schedule:
M: 6 miles @ EA (10:12)
Tu: 2 mile WU + 9x3:00 @ I (7:15) w/3 min RI + 1 mile CD
W: Rest Day!

Th: 2 mile WU + 3 miles @ T (7:54) w/5 min rest + 4x200m @ R (6:50) w/200m RI + 1 mile CD
F: 6 miles @ EA
Sa: 8 miles @ EB (9:31) + strides
Su: 8 miles @ Long Run (9:10)
M: 5.5 miles @ EA

View attachment 337666

So these beauties are back in stock...but they are already sold out in an 8.5 which is the size I wear in running shoes. An 8 and a 9 are available, but I'm afraid to get either. There's really no point in this post, other than to let y'all see how my mind works and that I cannot make a decision to save my life sometimes.
I need a second pair of these. I love them SOOOOOO much.

Trying to get caught up on journals...

Congrats on getting that half done with a sinus infection. Yikes! I love that medal though.

Barkley is getting so big and he's still adorable.

Love the pictures with your parents at Disney!!

Trying to get caught up on journals...

Congrats on getting that half done with a sinus infection. Yikes! I love that medal though.

Barkley is getting so big and he's still adorable.

Love the pictures with your parents at Disney!!

Thank you so much! It was rough, but it is done and that is all that matters. LOL. He is, and he is so strong that I am so glad we put him through formal training. He is a lot to handle still, but at least he listens a litter better.

Thanks! My mom and I had to do some persuading to get my dad to join us, but he enjoyed it!

This is becoming a pattern...
LmOlfwe.gif

I've felt like this poor cat at work recently which is why this training journal has been neglected. I am doing pretty well at sticking to my runs, with the exceptions of Tuesdays for some odd reason. I managed 160 miles for July and signed up for both the WDW Marathon and Princess Half since my last update!
IMG_7706.jpg

No one is probably even reading this anymore since I am such a slacker, but I like having somewhere to post how things are going other than Instagram. So here we go!

Here's what's happened since our last update..
7/23: 6 treadmill miles @10:21
7/24: Missed Tuesday run
7/25: Rest day!
7/26: 2 mile warm up + 3 miles @ T (8:34, 8:30, 8:33) + 4x200m :-)47, :50, :49, :48) + 1 mile cool down. All paces were adjusted for T&D with the exception of the 200m repeats and I managed to hit all intervals!
7/27: 6 treadmill miles @ 10:11
7/28: 6 miles @ 9:40
7/29: 8 miles @ 9:21
7/30: 6 miles @ 10:25
7/31: Another missed Tuesday workout, but I ran 2.7 miles to round out my July number. LOL.
8/1: Rest day!
8/2: 9 miles @ 9:32
8/3: 4 miles @ 10:07 and Barkley's first run! He ran 2 miles at an 11:09. Look how excited he was! :love:
IMG_7741.jpg

8/4: 7 miles @ 10:13
8/5: 14 mile workout that shifted to a 12 mile workout. 4 miles @ LR (9:15, 9:17, 9:15, 9:15) + 3 miles @ T (8:28, 8:26, 8:21) + 3 miles LR (9:17, 9:03, 8:55) + 2 miles @ T (8:05, 8:26)
8/6: 5 miles @ 10:25

Upcoming training schedule:
Tu: Today's workout is not going to happen, LOL. Tomorrow is my birthday so I may run 2.9 miles as it is my last day in my 20s!
W: Rest Day!
Th: 9 miles @ EB (9:31)
F: 6 miles @ EA (10:12)
Sa: 8 miles @ EB (9:31) + strides
Su: 8 miles @ Long Run (9:10)
M: 6 miles @ EA

Tu: 2 mil WU + 2x.50 @ T (7:54) w/2 min Rest + 2 mile CD

My current training plan wraps up on 8/18 with the Area 13.1 Half in Roswell, GA. I do not think a PR is in the cards for this race, but we will see! My friends are already getting me ready for marathon training with my birthday presents of Sprite and Reese's cups. These are both the first things I want after a long run, which I know is very weird!
IMG_7726.jpg

I feel like this picture just completely sums up your running philosophy :)

Great job getting out there and mostly keeping up with the running despite being so busy at work!

Happy almost birthday! Enjoy the last day of your twenties. It all goes downhill starting tomorrow ... the day I turned 30 I woke up with a cold and back pain (note: results are not typical. most people don't start completely breaking down when they turn 30)

I’m still reading just not posting, sorry! I love both sprite and Reese’s!! Congrats on 160 miles for July! Running has been slow for me this summer but I’m back on track week #3 on a new DB plan!

I’m definitely running W&D HM, and the marathon, but not princess. Wah!

Happy Birthday tomorrow!!! I hope your day is filled with all of your favorite things (like Reeses, Sprite and Barkley ;)).

I am so happy that your running Disney (runDisney-ing?) next year! YAY!

I feel like this picture just completely sums up your running philosophy :)

Great job getting out there and mostly keeping up with the running despite being so busy at work!

Happy almost birthday! Enjoy the last day of your twenties. It all goes downhill starting tomorrow ... the day I turned 30 I woke up with a cold and back pain (note: results are not typical. most people don't start completely breaking down when they turn 30)

LOL! It definitely does. My other presents have been a dozen donuts, Chickfila chicken minis, a cookie cake and a cupcake!

Thank you! Same to you, seems like both our workplaces have gone nuts.

Oh no! Luckily everything seems normal so far, we will see if that continues or not!

I’m still reading just not posting, sorry! I love both sprite and Reese’s!! Congrats on 160 miles for July! Running has been slow for me this summer but I’m back on track week #3 on a new DB plan!

I’m definitely running W&D HM, and the marathon, but not princess. Wah!

Thank you! Oh yay! I will be at W&D and the Marathon too! So exciting!

Happy Birthday tomorrow!!! I hope your day is filled with all of your favorite things (like Reeses, Sprite and Barkley ;)).

I am so happy that your running Disney (runDisney-ing?) next year! YAY!

Thank you! That would make it the perfect day, lol. I love runDisney-ing, you've patented a new word! I cannot wait to meet you!

Best Birthday presents, EVAH!!

Love that Barkley clearly enjoyed his first run.

YESSSS! Thank you, I am so excited to have him as a running partner!

Thank you so much, Coach!!

How cute!!!!!! Thank you!

Happy Birthday!!!!:cheer2:

Thank you!!! I am feeling the love this morning!

First off, belated happy birthday! I'm like the cat you posted with my work, too, so I'm so sorry that I'm just catching up now.

These are both the first things I want after a long run, which I know is very weird!

Hey, one woman's reeses and sprite are another woman's pizza and beer (that's me!)... to each their own : )

Thank you! Oh yay! I will be at W&D and the Marathon too! So exciting!

I'll actually be at WDW during W&D weekend but I'm not running. Womp womp. Someday.

I am so excited to have him as a running partner!

I have three (large) dogs and they're all terrible running partners... I'm so jealous that you get to run with Barkley!

I have some amazing birthday news for you!! I was running in my beautiful Tie Dyed Launch 5s today and afterwards noticed that the mileage was over 400 on them. YIKES. So I went to see if maaaaybe there was a chance that they got restocked. They didn't. So I emailed them and this is what they said:

"We received a restock of the shoes today, they will be added online by Monday at the latest!"

Just thought you would want to know. I know I am gonna grab another pair! They are my favorite!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter