• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Vegetarian Trip

tp1830

Disney Inspired Dreamer
Hello All,

This is for all those past ABD elite members....

I'm a vegetarian and was considering an ABD for Germany or Italy. When talking to the CM in reference to dining prefrence, all they can tell me is that they will try to do their best.

For all the money it costs for a tour, plus the added cost of no EBD plus higher rates, i would really think its not too much to ask to be told what i'm going to get and what i'm not going to get. If i can't eat anything at most of the meals, then i'm not really getting my money's worth.

Anyone have any experience with special diets on those or any other ABD trips?

I have done 2 ABD's and although I'm not a vegetarian, I did take note of the types of food offered and who they would appeal to. On both of our trips, there were always plenty of choices for vegetarians, you definitely would not go hungry. I'm sure they would give you the menus if they had them, but I know that the meals can vary from one group to the next, so they wouldn't want to tell you you're going to be eating "X" and then if you go, they serve you "Y" you may be upset. They do take note of special dining requirements and do their best to accommodate you...I wouldn't not take an ABD because you are concerned about this...you will be fine.

Hello All,

This is for all those past ABD elite members....

I'm a vegetarian and was considering an ABD for Germany or Italy. When talking to the CM in reference to dining prefrence, all they can tell me is that they will try to do their best.

For all the money it costs for a tour, plus the added cost of no EBD plus higher rates, i would really think its not too much to ask to be told what i'm going to get and what i'm not going to get. If i can't eat anything at most of the meals, then i'm not really getting my money's worth.

Anyone have any experience with special diets on those or any other ABD trips?

We have a serious fish allergy in our family and they went WAY out of their way to get food to satisfy everyone. We didn't have any vegitarians, or vegans, but other people had fairly significant preferences and they were met with smiles and full tummies.

On my ABD to Ireland -I didn't see anyone eating a vegetarian entree -but most of the ABD meals were in hotels -I can't imagine that they are not accustomed to serving vegetarians. For breakfast -they were hotel buffets with eggs, bacon, waffles, fruit, oatmeal -something for everyone.

Pub meals -had lots of fish and chips -things like that -again I can't imagine that you would be unable to find something.

I will say that the food was NOT the highlight of the trip. It was fine -but not outstanding

On my Australia trip, they made every accommodation they possibly could. I'm vegetarian, and there was always some sort of option. At the beginning of the tour I informed the guides of this and they said it was no problem what so ever.

thanks a lot.
now all i need is the price to come down :o):thumbsup2

Don't hold your breath...the prices on ABD's rarely are discounted...the prices you see today are apparently the lowest of the season...they will rise as the trips fill up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter