Vegetarian on Castaway Cay

I love the vegetarian chili! It's offered at Cookies but not at Serenity Beach. I would love the recipe.

I have never gone hungry on the Cay. The veggie burgers are so good. Tabouleh etc.

Honestly it’s better than most of what’s on the ship!

As a fellow vegetarian, I don't recall exactly what they had there, but I also don't recall going hungry or feeling like I didn't have anything to eat, so you'll be fine.

In addition to items mentioned above, I think I remember corn on the cob.

If you want to make sure veggie burgers are available, just check with your head server the night before (or your server if you don't see the head server).

In addition to items mentioned above, I think I remember corn on the cob.

If you want to make sure veggie burgers are available, just check with your head server the night before (or your server if you don't see the head server).

Yes, for veggie burgers in the MDRs you have to ask the night before but not on CC. And yes to corn on the cob on CC.

Last edited:
on CC, my experience is you just ask for a veggie burger (i never pre ordered anything for CC). you have to wait a few minutes for them to cook one but they have them! if you have other particular diet needs/allergies, that does sometimes involve preferring things and they might have a premed meal waiting for you. also, the quick serve places (pizza etc) can make vegan/cheeseless pizzas etc, but, again, they are cooked to order and take a bit longer!

So good to know this! We were contemplating having to go back to the ship for lunch. Glad Disney makes it a point to keep everyone well fed!

My son is a vegetarian and our DCL cruises are just the easiest, best experiences we have had in terms of there always being interesting vegetarian options :)

I love the veggie burgers on CC! In fact they are one of my favorite things to eat on the entire cruise! There are definitely enough meatless options to choose from and feel like you got a good meal.

Not sure if you can eat fish (so many types of vegetarians) but they have mahi-mahi at Cookies 2 by Serenity Bay. However, you can't have any under 18 people with you.

The nice thing about the veggie burgers on CC is that they are cooked to order so they are nice and hot (unlike some of the other stuff hanging around). I've always enjoyed my veggie burger. I usually have chips, some kind of salad, maybe a bean salad or quinoa or something, and corn on the cob. I think there's usually some fruit as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!