Vegas Suites with Teens

amym2

DIS Veteran
Considering flying to Vegas to start a Grand Canyon trip in early June. I haven't been to Vegas in 20 years and my DH and teens (DS16 and DD14) have never been. We'll have a rental car.

We'll need a suite with separate beds for the kids (no one can sleep with DD!). Looking at the Wyndham Desert Rose or Grand Desert. We've never stayed at Wyndham properties (we own DVC). Which is better, or are we better off renting a condo? We've used HomeAway and AirBnB quite a bit. We'll want to walk through the hotels and potentially see a show. I've also looked at condos in the Lake Las Vegas area- too far? Other ideas?

I stay at the Desert Rose, and I love love it. They have 1 and 2 bedrooms. The couch pulls out into a bed. A full kitchen, laundry rooms, BBQ's. Gym. There is a nice pool with a jacuzzi. It is so quiet. It is very walkable to the strip as well. And close to the airport.

Well - I've had a good experience at Rio. Their rooms are huge, which they refer to as all suites. It's a hotel and not a timeshare or condo, but it's a pretty nice place although it's not on The Strip. Maybe two queens. I don't think the sofa is a sleeper, but I'm pretty sure you could ask for a rollaway bed. There's more than enough space for one even though you might need to move some furniture.

1503074733778.jpg

https://www.caesars.com/rio-las-vegas/hotel

Well - I've had a good experience at Rio. Their rooms are huge, which they refer to as all suites. It's a hotel and not a timeshare or condo, but it's a pretty nice place although it's not on The Strip. Maybe two queens. I don't think the sofa is a sleeper, but I'm pretty sure you could ask for a rollaway bed. There's more than enough space for one even though you might need to move some furniture.

1503074733778.jpg

https://www.caesars.com/rio-las-vegas/hotel[/QUOTE

Thanks! We definitely prefer a separate room for the kids, but this is something to consider. Prices look comparable, but the Rio charges a resort fee. And their website says you have to be 18 to use the fitness center (Wonder if teens could use it with adult supervision?). Good to know we have options!

Thanks! We definitely prefer a separate room for the kids, but this is something to consider. Prices look comparable, but the Rio charges a resort fee. And their website says you have to be 18 to use the fitness center (Wonder if teens could use it with adult supervision?). Good to know we have options!
The thing I was thinking of was that the hotel itself can be really inexpensive, even during peak periods. I think the location is why.

I forgot about the resort fee. I thought ours was waived last time because we gamble a bit and have loyalty points. Even then you can look at how much it's going to cost and still come out cheaper. Rio is certainly close enough to The Strip and they have their own shuttles to other Harrah's properties on The Strip.

I've stayed at the Desert Rose once when I had to take my kids for a college graduation, and it was very nice - clean, roomy and close to the strip. I've stayed at the Rio too and really liked it (one of the best buffets in Vegas), but it is more expensive with the resort fee and really caters to the adult experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!