VB and CBBR Birthday Adventure coming Spring 2018 and Universal needs to upgrade their site!!!

AllthingsDisMom

These moments you can never get back...
It's finally happening, my oldest will be a teenager this year! So many emotions! :sail:

Anywho we are celebrating by taking our family's inaugural trip to Volcano Bay this Spring! Only No Boys Allowed! She is also bringing one friend.

princess:princess:princess:princess:

First trip to VB. Not CBBR (as you can read below), we've stayed before and love it!

I've read about the neat resort guest entrance to the park, early entry and I would love to rent a cabana with a view!

Are there any deal$ for Hotel + Ticket combo?? Their website is not the easiest to navigate. I'm used to Disney's where they always seem to know what I'm thinking!

Any other tips are also appreciated!

TIA! :goofy:

Last edited:
We're planning a trip for March this year at CBBR. While we will be celebrating my birthday that trip, I can relate to the emotions of your child turning a teenager as my DS will be turning 13 in November this year. Don't know where the last 12 years have gone!

Anyway, I've had the best luck on prices booking through Loew's directly for the hotel (although the same price as through the Universal site, I just find Loew's a bit easier to navigate). The Stay More, Save More rates seem to be the best deal right now.

I've bought tickets through Undercover Tourist which were a better price than directly through Universal or through CAA (AAA) locally. If you are comparing ticket prices, make sure you know if they include taxes or not - Undercover Tourist includes tax in the prices you see, Universal doesn't add it till check out. We got 4 day 3 park tickets (which we will likely add to) as we plan to park hop and spend time at Volcano Bay as my son (and well me...lol) loves waterparks.

From my research on Universal, it seems like the best deals are found by buying the pieces separately.

Hi I agree with the pp about going directly through Lowes and or the Universal website for hotels. I have heard Undercover tourist is good I haven't used them for tickets. I also agree buying things separately is the way to go. I just did a CBBR and VB combo this summer and loved it. I will post my link to my trip report there is a weeks worth of stuff but I do have the days labeled so you can find VB. We rented a cabana one day and it was nice.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/summer-trip-report-finally-yay.3642765/

Hi I agree with the pp about going directly through Lowes and or the Universal website for hotels. I have heard Undercover tourist is good I haven't used them for tickets. I also agree buying things separately is the way to go. I just did a CBBR and VB combo this summer and loved it. I will post my link to my trip report there is a weeks worth of stuff but I do have the days labeled so you can find VB. We rented a cabana one day and it was nice.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/summer-trip-report-finally-yay.3642765/

Thank you Bobbie, I am going to look into the Aqua Vault. Did you find yours on Amazon?

I'm like you and not a fan of the body slides, but we will have some teenage daredevils in our group this trip! Love your TR! :cloud9:

We're planning a trip for March this year at CBBR. While we will be celebrating my birthday that trip, I can relate to the emotions of your child turning a teenager as my DS will be turning 13 in November this year. Don't know where the last 12 years have gone!

Anyway, I've had the best luck on prices booking through Loew's directly for the hotel (although the same price as through the Universal site, I just find Loew's a bit easier to navigate). The Stay More, Save More rates seem to be the best deal right now.

I've bought tickets through Undercover Tourist which were a better price than directly through Universal or through CAA (AAA) locally. If you are comparing ticket prices, make sure you know if they include taxes or not - Undercover Tourist includes tax in the prices you see, Universal doesn't add it till check out. We got 4 day 3 park tickets (which we will likely add to) as we plan to park hop and spend time at Volcano Bay as my son (and well me...lol) loves waterparks.

From my research on Universal, it seems like the best deals are found by buying the pieces separately.

I am still checking the mail for my "teenager manual", I'm sure it will arrive my mailbox any day now!

Universal's website is not my favorite. The last time I booked a Universal resort (Sapphire Falls) the telephone rep was very helpful and we booked our room that way. I wish they would upgrade their site!

Thank you Bobbie, I am going to look into the Aqua Vault. Did you find yours on Amazon?

I'm like you and not a fan of the body slides, but we will have some teenage daredevils in our group this trip! Love your TR! :cloud9:

Hi yes I did get it on Amazon and I love this vault. It was recommended by another poster last summer. Your family will enjoy VB we can't wait to go back in June. I enjoyed watching my DH and DD'sBF go down the body slides.

Thanks I enjoyed writing that report:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter