vasculitis

CAL2

DIS Veteran
Hi, has anyone with this condition found that they have had a flare up at Disney due to the extra walking and heat. We will be there for 13 day in November. We are going to ask her consultant if she cant have steroids to take with us just in case this happens. Interested to read your experiences and how you coped.

cal

Hi, has anyone with this condition found that they have had a flare up at Disney due to the extra walking and heat. We will be there for 13 day in November. We are going to ask her consultant if she cant have steroids to take with us just in case this happens. Interested to read your experiences and how you coped.

cal

I don't have true vasculitis, but I do get what is called golfer's or exercise induced vasculitis.
I usually get bad flareups at Disney (mostly in the heat) or other places where I walk long distances. I would imagine that you, too, would be affected in a much greater way.

I have chronic vasculitis in my left leg. It helps me to wear custom fit compression socks/hose daily. The doctors believe it's related to my Crohn"s. When at Disney I wear a special leg sleeve that helps prevent a flare. I find if I wear my sleeve, prop my leg up during rest breaks that I can walk unlimited distances with little discomfort or a flare. Good luck, I know how painful it can be.

I wear a special leg sleeve that helps prevent a flare. I find if I wear my sleeve, prop my leg up during rest breaks that I can walk unlimited distances with little discomfort or a flare.

Hi Disney212 my daughter also had it in her leg,which is why i was worried that all the extra walking may cause a flare up. I think its a good idea to have the compression bandages and add in extra breaks to rest

:thanks:

exercise induced vasculitis.
I usually get bad flareups at Disney (mostly in the heat) or other places where I walk long distances.

Hi North of mouse, This is what I read about, fingers crossed it doesn't happen. :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter