Vanguard Airlines...has anybody flown with them?

Tinky

<font color=CC66CC>Has FINALLY received her Offici
We are looking at airfare with Vanguard out of Kansas City. Has anybody flown them. If so, did you like them, know anything about safety record. Love to hear about any experiences, good or bad.
Thanks!

Flew them from MSP to Chicago because they were cheaper than NWA. NEVER again. We had a 7am flight - usually the ones with no delays - so we had been there since 5:30-ish and they didn't tell us until 6:35am that the crew wouldn't be coming in because they hadn't had a enough sleep. Now, if this crew came in late the night before, they should have known about when we checked in and told us that there may be a delay because of that. Needless to say, our flight didn't depart until 9:30am.

On the return flight, we had another delay again, this time becausethe incoming flight was delayed from earlier inthe day. Talked with a guy waiting with me who said he is only flying Vanguard because he had 12 free tix with them because of a delay. He said they are always late no matter where you fly with them.

I am a very organized person and I don't like anyone dickering with my schedule so I will not fly Vanguard anytime in the future. Their cheap prices aren't worth their lack of punctuality in my opinion

We flew Vanguard last summer from Dallas to Myrtle Beach simply because it was so cheap. The planes were ok and the service was tolerable in flight. I think of them as kind of a Southwest Airlines wannabe. We too had a major delay at Kansas City. On the return flight everything was right on time. The delay wouldn't have been such a big deal, but we were travelling with a two year old and he got pretty cranky sitting around the airport. We might consider flying again if the fare was substantially less than the competitors. Like everything in this world. YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter