Value Resorts Sold Out [12/6/2019 - 12/10/2019]?

shamu21

Earning My Ears
Hi All,

I have done some preliminary research, and I still am still having trouble believing this. But is it true that all the value resorts are sold out between 12/6/2019 - 12/10/2019? Are those resorts really that popular? Any advice on how to get the most value out of my lodging needs? Things I value are: 1) extra magic hours, 2) transportation to disney parks, 3) disney themed rooms, 4) (maybe) airport transportation.

Not sure if more rooms will be released later? If it does actually get that busy in early December, should I just call the losses and book offsite hotels now?

Thanks for the help!

I tried all values for most of December last night. Absolutely nothing available. Thanks for the warning about pop Warner. Looks like I'll be staying Disney springs.

Hi All,

I have done some preliminary research, and I still am still having trouble believing this. But is it true that all the value resorts are sold out between 12/6/2019 - 12/10/2019? Are those resorts really that popular? Any advice on how to get the most value out of my lodging needs? Things I value are: 1) extra magic hours, 2) transportation to disney parks, 3) disney themed rooms, 4) (maybe) airport transportation.

Not sure if more rooms will be released later? If it does actually get that busy in early December, should I just call the losses and book offsite hotels now?

Thanks for the help!
That is when the Pop Warner Superbowl and Cheer and Dance Championships are held. This year will Dec. 6-13.

Dave

Thanksgiving is on Nov 28th. If you do a search for the week after Thanksgiving, beginning 12/1, you'll see that every single resort on property is completely booked. This is when I'm going, and I'm very nervous about crowds.

Thanksgiving is on Nov 28th. If you do a search for the week after Thanksgiving, beginning 12/1, you'll see that every single resort on property is completely booked. This is when I'm going, and I'm very nervous about crowds.

The SGE factors throws off any intelligent predictions this year, but typically the the first two weeks of December are very decent times to visit with moderate crowd levels. Sold out Disney properties also doesn't necessarily equate to heavy crowds. Especially when they are full of kids spending a lot of their time at WWOS.

The SGE factors throws off any intelligent predictions this year, but typically the the first two weeks of December are very decent times to visit with moderate crowd levels. Sold out Disney properties also doesn't necessarily equate to heavy crowds. Especially when they are full of kids spending a lot of their time at WWOS.

Pop Warner doesn't start until 12/6, though. I also don't think Pop Warner would cause every single resort in every category to be booked. I think it has more to do with SWGE, and how Thanksgiving fell this year, giving us a whole week between the holiday and Pop Warner. I also think this is a prime example of tiered pricing backfiring on Disney.

My daughter has been in competitive gymnastics and now competitive cheer. Families absolutely take advantage of traveling a few days before and even after these events to extend their time into a family vacation. It's a good deal for them when they are getting a group rate and basically killing two birds with one stone.

Can someone explain the tiered pricing?

In my opinion, if Disney sold out this early, that means that they mispriced their hotels and they could’ve charge a much higher rate.

If I can’t stay at a Disney value resort, should I look for something in the Disney spring area? Is that the busiest area with Disney vibe?

Based on my experience for several years, even before SWGE, Dec reservations--even the first week, require up to a year in advance. Pop Warner has not (again, pre-SWGE) been an issue for me and I hate crowds. I had a room at Pop for Dec 1-5 @$128. a night but changed to a better deal/room (and better dates-12/12-15) at Best Western Lake Buena Vista Disney Springs through one of the marketers (don't know if I can mention the name). Rooms had gone up quite a bit for Pop when I changed so my deal was ok. BW has mixed reviews, but we are interested in beds and bath and ac if it's warm. We are locals so know that it can be 60 or 90 degrees F. The distance from this resort to Epcot/HS is the same as the distance from the AS's we usually use. We actually like the proximity to Disney Springs. A few days ago, I was able to book AS Sports for 12/2-4 at $113. The same days at BW are $61 cheaper so I may switch. BTW, the deals through the marketer--which link directly to BW for reservations, may be canceled within 48 hours of stay. Currently, my only snag is my reservation number won't link to MDE. I called Disney and they contacted BW. I booked one night in August yesterday and was able to link that res # within an hour so I think I just have to wait.

Be sure to factor in resort, in addition to parking, fees when shopping off Disney property. Through the link, the BW $8. parking fee was waived. Resort fee is about $15.50 with tax included. Some resorts charge $50. fees plus $25. parking.

It may have changed, but the first two weeks of December used to be the lowest point weeks for DVC, so they filled up quickly.

I tried all values for most of December last night. Absolutely nothing available. Thanks for the warning about pop Warner. Looks like I'll be staying Disney springs.

Is Disney Springs the best area for first time tourists (we are all in our 20s, no kids, want to maximize the Disney vibe on the budget. We are all physically strong and plan on doing Disney things from dusk to dawn.

Is it true that all (or most) resorts at Disney Springs include the Disney extra magic hours and transportation to all Disney parks? How about transportation between Orlando airport and the resorts?

I also did a bit more research, I think it's extremely unlikely that all the value resorts are sold out. My theory is that there's a large room block being placed with all the value resorts. I am actually also considering booking through Pop Warner Superbowl and Cheer and Dance Championships whenever they make their room block available. :yo-yo:

EVERYTHING for my dates in December is now sold out, there is no availability from Dec 4 - 12. Not happy to be paying full price, but so glad I booked at the begining of the month, otherwise I most likely wouldn't be going this year, or at the very least not staying on property. I may be going solo, so I prefer to stay on property if that ends up holding. I was shocked at the lack of availability to begin with, and I've been checking every few days since I booked to see if anything else would open up. It never did, and at the beginning of the week there was only Copper Creek and one of the other DVC properties left with availability, both were insanely expensive.

I could be 100% wrong and am the least knowledge person on this board regarding Disney but am of the opinion Disney is releasing rooms/resorts in blocks and are not fully booked for this time period 6 months from now.
I don't believe the Pop Warner event would spike demand to sell out these huge on site properties so far in advance, not when all off-site places are not sold out.
I suspect they want to first sell remaining rooms in their Deluxe Properties so strategically roll out availability per resort.
There is probably a team of 10 experts who analyze when to put rooms out.

I think the time period will be busy enough to not expect discounts or any free dining promotions but not busy enough that all value resort properties are 100% sold out this early.

So my advice would be to not get your hopes down, book something now that is fully cancellable though to cover yourself and keep watching.
If something better comes along cancel the other one and book the new.

I could be 100% wrong and am the least knowledge person on this board regarding Disney but am of the opinion Disney is releasing rooms/resorts in blocks and are not fully booked for this time period 6 months from now.
I don't believe the Pop Warner event would spike demand to sell out these huge on site properties so far in advance, not when all off-site places are not sold out.
I suspect they want to first sell remaining rooms in their Deluxe Properties so strategically roll out availability per resort.

I think the time period will be busy enough to not expect discounts or any free dining promotions but not busy enough that all value resort properties are 100% sold out this early.

So my advice would be to not get your hopes down, book something now that is fully cancellable though to cover yourself and keep watching.
If something better comes along cancel the other one and book the new.

Yep, you are probably 100% wrong. Disney does not hold back rooms. They want resorts booked & deposits paid. They won’t gamble on turning away a customer who may not change to a Disney resort from offsite later. If they have a room open & you want to book, you can.

Pop warner does indeed take a huge chunk of the value & moderate resort rooms. Every year. In addition, last years free dining bounceback promo included dates starting Dec 6th. And the room discount bounceback that has been in effect since October also included these dates. Many people booked early December in anticipation of Galaxy’s Edge opening then, before the actual date was announced. Those people may be staying put in December. There are not even many deluxe rooms available then either. For example, Yacht Club is also completely sold out for most of that week. And has been for quite awhile.

In addition to all that, Thanksgiving is late this year, meaning there is 1 less week between Thanksgiving & Christmas. So everyone who wants to go between those 2 holidays really only have 3 full weeks to visit. That in itself can have a huge impact on resort bookings. Early December bookings have been increasing for years. This year just seems worse than normal.

I agree with you completely. It is not likely at all and I just can't figure out why this is happening and when the next block of rooms will be released.

It is extremely unlikely that all the rooms are booked, this could only mean one thing, they way undercharged. I really hope that I am wrong though, as mentioned by focusondisney.

Do you suggest that I book something offsite now? In the Disney Spring area?

Holy cow! I would expect to see at least a couple of the super expensive rooms available that week, but no....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter