valet parking

tammyh-oregon

<font color=navy>Missed a DISer by > < that much!<
Is valet parking still complimentary if you have a placard. Most of the posts go back to August and just trying to find out what is current. Also does anyone have a list of hotels with this service.

Thanks

That was when the change to charging was begun, so I would expect there is no change. They don't have enough handicapped spots and many are not really close enough to be useful. So I think they have good reasons for keeping valet parking free for people with handicapped parking permits.
I'm not positive, but I think valet parking is just available at the deluxe resorts.

I was just at WDW a few weeks ago. As long as you have either an HP plate or a hang tag the valet parking is free. However, only the deluxe hotels (GF, Cont, Poly, BW, WL and Y&B) have valet parking. If you don't have either, and are using a wheelchiar or ECV (and carrying it in the car) you should not have to pay. However, be sure to tip the valets; they do a lot of work and since the charge went into effect their tips have gone down a lot. I make it a point to go down with a supply of $2.00 bills and use them for tipping the valets.

I was thinking about carrying a wad of one dollar bills but $2 bills sound like a better way to go. Did you get them at the bank? I haven't seen any in a while are they still out there? A roll of those new dollars might not be to bad either I could get exercise carrying them around.

A few weeks before going down I told the Head Teller at my branch that I would like to get $100.00 in brand-new $2.00 bills and when I needed them. The day I was going to pick them up I called her and mentioned I would be there after the branch closed, and if she were to give them to the drive-in teller to hold for me. When I showed up at the drive-in window I told the teller that he should have the $2.00 bills for me, which he did. I then gave a check to cash and received the bills. There was no problem. This was a branch of Bank of America, but all banks should have no problem as long as you give them a couple of weeks notice.

W just got back a week ago and valet parking was free with our placard.:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!