Valet Parking- further explanation

WebmasterDoc

Administrator
Administrator
I have a friend who decided to call Al Weiss's office to ask about the valet parking situation. He received a call-back from an assistant who offered the following:

There will be a $6 charge for valet parking at the resorts, however it will be a policy similar to the park strollers...... When you valet once for the day you will then get an ID tag to hang aroung your visor and then you can valet anywhere else that day on property for that one time charge.

This should at least answer some of the questions raised about how the policy will work. It will still be without cost (FREE) for DVC members at VWL and BWV.

Doc....

I have a question for clairifcation.....the last part of your post noted that there would be "still be without cost (FREE) for DVC members"......is that for valet parking at all resorts or just the DVC resorts (BWV and VWL).

Thanks...

Sorry!!
Valet parking is free for DVC members at BWV and VWL only. We are subject to the $6 charge at other WDW resorts, just like everyone else.

Doc....

As I thought and as I had read the material, but I wanted to ask to be sure. Thanks.

I just checked the DVC Members Only site and the following is now posted there:

"<i>As of July 16, 2001, the Walt Disney World® Resort will adopt a standard industry practice and charge for valet parking at all Walt Disney World Resort locations that offer this guest service. The $6.00 fee (among the lowest in the market) is a daily charge, so once you have paid for valet service, you will receive unlimited valet parking for the remainder of the day. However, Disney Vacation Club Members <b>will not</b> be charged for valet parking at Disney's BoardWalk Resort and Disney's Wilderness Lodge, regardless of where they are staying. Disney Vacation Club Members must show their DVC Member card or Walt Disney World Resort ID indicating that they are a "DVC Member" when leaving their vehicle to be parked in order to receive this service at no charge at either Disney's BoardWalk Resort or Disney's Wilderness Lodge. Members will be charged for this service at any other valet parking operation at the Walt Disney World Resort. Whether or not you are charged to valet park, gratuities are still appropriate. There will be no charge for guests with disabilities with the proper permits. This charge only affects guests and Members who chose to use this service</i>."

Wow, looks like DVC must have been getting a few questions on the policy to come back with a detailed re-write so quickly! (Love that "lowest in the market" line...).

Okay, DVC'ers time to pat yourself on the back again for a good decision....the price of a deluxe room pretty much went up $6 per day and our dues are still staying pretty much even. ;)

'Walt Disney World® Resort will adopt a standard industry practice"

I always thought of WDW as the industry standard bearer, not the follower. Remember when you were a kid and you told your mom "everybodies doing it " and her reply was always " if they all jumped off a bridge..."
Sounds like Disney's justification for charging the fee is "everybodies doing it" . What happens when their attitude towards cleanliness is "nobody else is". What we all love about WDW are the things the other guys don't do.

Thanks for the clarification Doc....I feel better about the charge now...I had visions of $12 to $24 mounting up each day..with tips on top of that! At least being a DVC member gives us a perk over everyone else with free valet at BWV and VWL resorts. The free valet was great while it lasted..it was a service we used on a daily basis, and I'm sure we will continue to do so now that we know the $6. isn't charged each time you change resorts during the day!

The communication about DVC pool hopping privilege doesn't always work out well.

Lets hope the DVC parking privilege works better since its with our own member sites.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter