Vacation Strategy last minute booking?

disney gym mom

Mouseketeer
We are possibly interested in a last minute trip over Christmas break and checked with Vacation Strategy (never used them before) and they said at this time there was no availability but would contact us if something should change. My question is if anyone was contacted if something became available after being told there was no availability? We really have nothing going on the two weeks after Christmas so this was kinda decided on a whim and we won't be terribly upset since we know how busy it is that week...we have been a few times the week between Christmas and New Year's (we know the insanity!). Just wondering if the Christmas miracle "might" happen or if we are most likely out of luck...

What you need is someone who booked a reservation and is renting it. Look on redweek, ebay and tugbbs for those. People will often book reservations over Christmas with the intent to rent them out.

What you need is someone who booked a reservation and is renting it. Look on redweek, ebay and tugbbs for those. People will often book reservations over Christmas with the intent to rent them out.

This...Slim to none of anyone cancelling at this time but there will be people "stuck" with their reservation or those that just want to rent our their booked week. There are numerous listings on ebay for the week after Christmas.

Never heard of Vacation Strategy, but if you go to places like AirBnb or VRBO, you'll find plenty of choices still left.

I'm really curious about "renting booked weeks". I just finagled time off between Christmas and Jan 2nd. The problem, my GSD. Our main place and backup are both booked solid. We are on the wait list for both. We've never traveled with a dog and he's a great dog and not a yipper. He does bark, with his deep bass voice, at unfamiliar noises that sound like crashes or bangs. A good thing 99.999% of the time but booking a dog friendly hotel means we risk having a room next to a bunch of unruly kids and him barking when they bang up against the wall or slam the room door.

We really need to rent a house for him, with a reasonable distance to an from the parks so we can let him out at least every 7 hours. Our plan for new years would be an uber to and from the park at 6pm so we don't have to worry about parking coming back in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter