Vacation Rentals Near Disney

what is VRBO? I like your prices and want to investigate as my summer trip will be offsite.

www.vrbo.com

you enter what city/state and then you can filter to how many bedrooms/bathrooms/$ per night you would like to spend. For Disney, your best bet is to search in Lake Buena Vista or Kissimmee. There are literally thousands of houses/condos for rent.

www.vrbo.com

you enter what city/state and then you can filter to how many bedrooms/bathrooms/$ per night you would like to spend. For Disney, your best bet is to search in Lake Buena Vista or Kissimmee. There are literally thousands of houses/condos for rent.

Yep. Vacation Rentals By Owner...hence VRBO

You can actually type "Walt Disney World" in the search bar for the location and it'll grab everything within reasonable distance. Like you said, thousands upon thousands of choices. You can narrow it down by # of bedrooms you want, etc... I always sort cheapest first, then start looking at previous reviews, pictures, etc...

We have mostly stayed on site but this last fall we stayed at Wyndham Bonnet Creek for a large family trip. We just couldn't swing the Disney prices for 12 people.

We loved it! Great property and location. We got a fantastic rate through Vacation Strategy on ebay and everything went really smoothly. No fees through vacation strategy, unlike when we tried to book through vbro or airbnb. Just check all the details!

I love staying onsite but this was great as well!

Hi All!

We are currently planning our trip for May 2019 and are considering staying off property to keep costs low. Has anyone ever rented a house close to Disney? Any suggestions on companies to use to rent and which town is better? Kissimmee vs. Lake Buena Vista?

Thank you in advance!

We rented in Davenport through VRBO, the drive was about 30 minutes but that didn't bother us, we were all up at 6 AM with excitement to go back, getting there super early (even before rope drop) was easy.
We did not like the house we chose, but in terms of saving money by renting? HUGE savings. HUGE. Even with renting a vehicle and paying for parking, we saved so much money just on food alone, we would never stay on site unless we got an amazing deal on a room with free dining. To me, even with the other perks (fast passes 60 days, free magic bands, etc...) it still isn't worth the extra $$$ to stay on site (IMO).

Last edited:
Are you able to get all the FP that you want? I am so for staying offsite to save money, but what about all the popular rides that my son wants to ride. 60FP for staying onsite and then you get 30 FP off site.

As stated above we stayed off-site and had zero issues getting the fast passes we wanted :)

can you tell me about how much you have paid for various types of rentals there?

Windsor Hills has 2 bedroom and 3 bedroom condos, 3 bedroom townhomes (that have a small splash pool), and 3 to 6 bedroom homes. Over the years we have stayed at all 3. For our family of 5 the townhomes have consistently worked best. Condos are the cheapest, most expensive are the homes. Added costs can be pool heat.

As far as concrete numbers I actually happen to have an example from this week. I am less than pleased with the whole resort parking nonsense so on principal decided to look around for our upcoming May trip. We have a bounceback booked for a stay at CBR middle of May. For one room at CBR 6 nights on the bounceback it is $1100. I contacted a townhome I really like at WH and she quoted me $850. My rate was a little less because we have stayed before. That is not a huge difference in cost obviously, but it is an experience that is hard to compare. In fact for us, it is a huge savings because if onsite now with 5 of us my husband always wants 2 rooms and not just one. With the townhome you have your own pool, full kitchen, 3 bedrooms, washer and dryer. Another option, Vacation Strategy with WBC was brought up too on this thread. I have never tried it as we usually our on site or Disney, but their quote for those 6 nights for a 2 bedroom was $1350.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you have other questions!

Windsor Hills has 2 bedroom and 3 bedroom condos, 3 bedroom townhomes (that have a small splash pool), and 3 to 6 bedroom homes. Over the years we have stayed at all 3. For our family of 5 the townhomes have consistently worked best. Condos are the cheapest, most expensive are the homes. Added costs can be pool heat.

As far as concrete numbers I actually happen to have an example from this week. I am less than pleased with the whole resort parking nonsense so on principal decided to look around for our upcoming May trip. We have a bounceback booked for a stay at CBR middle of May. For one room at CBR 6 nights on the bounceback it is $1100. I contacted a townhome I really like at WH and she quoted me $850. My rate was a little less because we have stayed before. That is not a huge difference in cost obviously, but it is an experience that is hard to compare. In fact for us, it is a huge savings because if onsite now with 5 of us my husband always wants 2 rooms and not just one. With the townhome you have your own pool, full kitchen, 3 bedrooms, washer and dryer. Another option, Vacation Strategy with WBC was brought up too on this thread. I have never tried it as we usually our on site or Disney, but their quote for those 6 nights for a 2 bedroom was $1350.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you have other questions!
I looked on airbnb and saw a 2 bedroom condo for 850 for 7 days somewhere other than Windsor hills. The amenities were not nearly as nice but I liked the price. If we go again I don't intend to spend every day at the parks and a regular hotel room for a week with a young child just doesn't seem like a vacation to me anymore. Also my husband has recently been diagnosed with food allergies so a kitchen would make things so much better. Thanks so much for the info!

Last edited:
Make sure you know if the prices include the fees, or are just the base price. If it's $850 for 6 nights including all fees, while it's not a smoking deal, it's decent. If it's 6 nights just as the base price, plus fees, you can do far, far better.

Make sure you know if the prices include the fees, or are just the base price. If it's $850 for 6 nights including all fees, while it's not a smoking deal, it's decent. If it's 6 nights just as the base price, plus fees, you can do far, far better.
This was a place called sun lake resort and included all fees.

We always stay either onsite or in Disney Springs but are staying at a condo at Windsor Hills on our next trip. We have friends that have stayed there several times and love it so I wasn't too nervous booking it. They're opening a water park there next month, too, which sounds pretty cool,

Yes and also check if you are getting a place with a private pool what the pool heat fee is. Most of them will charge $15/day if not more to heat the pool for you. If you are staying at a resort there are often resort fees which aren't included in the total price you see on VRBO. We had to pay an additional $20/night we weren't counting on. We still saved a ton of money staying off site because of the food factor (we ate breakfast at our condo and packed lunches).

We shared a huge rental house with several of our family members. I think there was 12 of us total. We paid $1500 for a 7 bedroom house in Emerald Island. It was right off 192, and maybe 15 mins to Disney. We loved having the space, a grill, washer and dryer, full kitchen. I believe they also have smaller condos for rent (which we might do next time it's just our little family going). The area was perfect. I originally found the listing on vrbo, but contacted the listing agent separately and went thru their company directly and avoided all the fees.

We have stayed at Windsor Hills several times when going to Disney in the past and really liked the space, the private pool and hot tub, and the closeness to Disney. We booked through a private owner's site twice and VRBO (Vacation Rental by Owner) once since the private owner was no longer available. All were great experiences. Our next trip is just DH and I, so we may stay onsite, but next time we go as a whole family (young adult son and daughter and son-in-law and 2 grandkids) we will definitely be back at Windsor Hills, even with only 30 day FP+. Less than 200 a night for 4-6 bedrooms will be MUCH less expensive than 3 rooms at Disney.

Our friends time share is at Orange Lakes and I know you can rent units there...Really nice area, and they have a ton of amenity's...You can use the 429 to get back and forth to Disney, its sorta the back way in, only a few exits in-between... Also West Gate is another time share spot and the also rent units...really nice as well they have been remodeling, they stay here at the beginning and end of their trip, before they head back to the UK... they use their points for the 1st stay a week then pay for the last part normally around 3 nights

We have used VRBO up in North Carolina and been very happy with our experience... For us I prefer rental agencies...If something isn't right or there is a problem, they handle it. I like that middle person as a buffer if something is not as stated. Not that we have personally experienced it, but we have some friends that did have a bad experience when they rented from just the owner, nothing was as it was shown in the pictures, or stated.

Do your research, read reviews, figure out the time it takes to get to the parks... Have a magically trip..

We've used VRBO for a house in Kissimmee but it was a bit of a trek with rush hour traffic. Our preference is Florida Sun Vacation Homes condo rentals in Winsor Hills just south of property. Very easy to get to property, less traffic, plenty of space, etc. Used them a few times now with good results for FAR less than onsite prices with more space to boot.

We have stayed at Windsor Hills twice and had great experiences both times. It is very close to Disney property. We use vacationcentralflorida.com. They have great prices, the units we stayed in were decorated in a Disney theme and we had no issues either time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter