V.I.Passholder Nights in MK and EP

Status
Not open for further replies.
We went but didn’t do a lot. We are on day 6 of our trip and between that and the early start with passholder play time this morning, just didn’t have it in us to do a lot of walking. We watched Illuminations from the FP area, rode Test Track via the single rider line, then Spaceship Earth. Decided we didn’t feel like making the trek into The Land for Soarin and that it was time to go “home” for the night.

Showed up around 7:30pm. Rode Soarin via FP then made our way to check in. The line to check in was non existent. No wait whatsoever. We followed that up with the world showcase kiosks (started with the ones that wouldn’t be open during the VIP event). Once the regular crowds thinned out, it was pretty light crowds. Some areas felt like a ghost town. We didn’t try for Frozen because I figured that could be a mess but we did test track around 10:20 and it had a 10 minute wait posted (really less than 5 before car designs).

I didn’t see anyone asked to leave the park but it looked like most did after the show. They had some kiosks open and those were definitely being regulated. We had to show our VIP band to get in line and to check out.

There were quite a few photo pass photographers set up, which was a happy surprise. I was afraid they’d only have one out front but they were all over.

We didn’t last very long. We arrived at 6 and walked on SE, got checked in for the event, walked on Soarin, got my daughter some food at Sunshine Seasons and then hit the booths. Lines moved quickly and we really enjoyed everything we tried. We caught the Chinese acrobats a little after 8 and then made our way to the FP area for Illumnations. Wow that whole idea is just a bust. It was jammed with people and of course everyone stands up. I wish everyone would just SIT DOWN.

We then headed to FEA, which was a mess as I said upthread. It was a 25 minute wait, but people were misbehaving and the ride was ruined because cast members had to constantly come over the loudspeakers to make announcements.

We decided to head out after that. We saw some booths open on the way to the exit. Walked through the dance party. It wasn’t crowded at all. Most lines we saw were for photos. SE was walk on.

Mouse Gear was jammed with non passholders. Not sure what that was about.

Then we hit the snag. Monorail was closed, so we were directed to the buses for Contemporary. None of the buses at our stop said contemporary. We finally asked the 3rd driver we saw about it and he said he was going to the TTC and we could get the resort monorail from there. We said we thought it wasn’t running and he said no, the resort one was. So we jumped on. Big mistake.

We got to the TTC and were told the resort monorail was shut down. The security people at the ramps apologized and told us to go back out and get a bus. We go to the bus area and they tell us to take the monorail. Ugh.

Another 30 minutes later and we basically had to beg a driver to take us to the Contemporary. It was my family and 2 others. He said hop on and he took us straight here.

If you saw this and though tl;dr then I will bold this part:

I know I said upthread that Disney wouldn’t strand you if you stay at a monorail resort. Don’t listen to me! They sure almost did it to us last night!

I know I said upthread that Disney wouldn’t strand you if you stay at a monorail resort. Don’t listen to me! They sure almost did it to us last night!

we went to Epcot four times while we were in WDW last week. I needed my PH cutting board. :banana: We took the monorail back one night and it ended up taking like an hour with waiting for the regular one and then the resort one. The next night we just hopped in an Uber, $11 with tip, we were back in 10 minutes to the GF. Best $11 we spent all trip. :cool1:

we went to Epcot four times while we were in WDW last week. I needed my PH cutting board. :banana: We took the monorail back one night and it ended up taking like an hour with waiting for the regular one and then the resort one. The next night we just hopped in an Uber, $11 with tip, we were back in 10 minutes to the GF. Best $11 we spent all trip. :cool1:
What do you think of the cutting board? About how big is it?

I asked Thursday when I checked in how many people they had registered for the event and was told 9000. I didn't do a lot, just enjoyed being in Epcot with so few people! Went straight thru to the loading bays on Soarin' and only had one family in front of me to meet Anna and Elsa. There was a special AP cupcake available at Sunshine Seasons. I do wish I had gotten the AP festival drinking glasses that night because they were gone on Saturday when I stopped to buy them. Hoping I can get a Mickey one when I go back down on the 25th of this month.

We are in the FP area for Illuminations right now. I haven’t seen many passholder wristbands. I am interested to see how they handle things after fireworks.

Booth lines move quickly. I don’t think it’s horribly crowded.

Do you need to have a FP to go to the FP area for Illuminations or does the PH wristband get you into that area the night of the event? I'm going on Oct and curious. Thanks!

I'm signed up for the October night at Epcot. I haven't gotten a second email. I saw someone say it was posted here. Could someone link to that post? I can't find it. Also, where in Epcot do you go to get a wristband if you are already in the park before it starts?

Thanks!

Has anyone received a follow up email for the event 10/25?
TIA!

We haven’t heard anything yet. We kind of planned a trip with this as the impetus and F&W and MNSSHP as other benefits to a shorter trip this time of year. Then today when I was working on finalizing our plans I almost forgot about this and was going to plan something else that night :P. Luckily I remembered before booking anything else :-).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!