V.I.Passholder Nights in MK and EP

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by DisneyFirstTimer10, Jul 23, 2018.

1. ned911

ned911 Earning My Ears

How are you getting notified of these events? Are they worth traveling from out of state to attend with a 2-3 trip?

2. ninafeliz

ninafeliz DIS Veteran

That's the million dollar question! You get notified by email when you are a passholder initially with the info that an event will take place (ETA could be in the regular email newsletter they send out), then a second one at some point later with instructions on how to sign up. The sign up could be then, or possibly a third email again later with the link to sign up. However, in real life a lot of passholders never get any of the emails, or get them sporadically. A lot of times you can find the info either here or on social media before you get the emails (if you even get them). I do happen to get all of the emails, but (for example) the Passholder Playtime at DHS was filled up before I checked my email and saw the link with the open registration (and I saw it within a couple of hours of getting it). I happened to see that registration for the VIPassholder nights had opened up while reading these boards and was able to snag a spot - but they didn't fill up as fast as the TSL one did.

We sort of planned a trip around the upcoming Epcot event, but it was more a way to choose a weekend since we also wanted to do MNSSHP and F&W. It's a personal decision if it's worth a trip - I think anything is worth a trip if you can make it work! But the reviews from the first two of these events seemed underwhelming to me, but it was great to have an excuse to plan a trip regardless of how the event turns out!

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. PPFlight75

PPFlight75 DIS Veteran

We are doing the exact same thing! My DH and I are going for the first time without the kids for 3 nights only. Our goal is F&W plus a Halloween party and this Epcot event. Have a great time!

ninafeliz likes this.
  5. Melmore

Melmore Earning My Ears

Have any of these been announced for January yet?

6. CJK

CJK DIS Veteran

I hope people will post on this thread when future dates are announced. I don't receive emails, so I have to rely on these boards and social media. Thanks so much, everyone!

PPFlight75 likes this.
  7. FSU Girl

FSU Girl DIS Veteran

So far they haven't mentioned anything about adding additional dates.

CJK likes this.
  8. shoreward

shoreward DIS Veteran

A CM said he thought there would not be any more special Passholder events scheduled for the balance of 2018, due to the parks being so busy with holiday crowds, extended park hours, and parties in the parks.

CJK likes this.
  9. 2binak

2binak DVC Member

Has anyone received an email for this Thursday’s Epcot event?

10. Candlelady

Candlelady A dream is a wish your heart makes

Not yet

2binak likes this.
  11. Candlelady

Just received a reminder of the Oct 25th Epcot AP event. It's the same as the original email when I signed up. Not sure what we're supposed to be waiting for. Did the other AP nights require a printed confirmation?

12. FSU Girl

FSU Girl DIS Veteran

I received an email, I don't think it was a the same as the first, but I don't really remember what the first one said. This new one said the confirmation had to be printed and brought to Epcot. It mentioned what times you had to check in and the stipulations with that.

13. 2binak

2binak DVC Member

I just received the email, with a link to the list of attractions, food booths & merchandise locations that will be open during the party.

14. Candlelady

Both first and second email say the same as below.

Prepare for Your Event!

Please remember to bring one printed copy of your confirmation email to your event. Also, all registered Guests will need to present their valid Annual Pass for event and theme park admission.