using Visa gift cards to pay for airline tickets

Nancyvv

Earning My Ears
Has anyone redeemed their Swagbucks for Visa gift cards and used them towards their airline tickets? If so how easy or difficult was it to book using the gift cards?

Most airlines only let you use card. Honestly I'd go for the cash and use an actual card rather than a virtual. I redeem for one a month but with such short expiration dates amongst other things, I only use them for instant things that won't need credit card protection or potential refund etc.

All of the airline websites I have used only let you input one card to pay for your tickets. Unless your gift card is sufficient to cover the entire charge, not sure you can use multiple cards for one transaction, even if they let you use that particular form of payment. I believe you can only use a major credit card for those transactions.

I don't know about SB GC's, but I do know for fact that Southwest allows three forms of payment per ticket. If you have a lot of gift cards, don't purchase roundtrip tickets, do one-way, then you get to use 6 forms of payment per person.

^^ The Southwest websites indicates that to use a gift card, it has to be one issued by Southwest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!