using unused Childs DDP credits for anything else

bcornette

Earning My Ears
We may get the normal dining plan, but my youngest daughter doesn't each much and I can foresee her eating some of our food and just not ordering at a meal or 2. Can I use those unused Child TS credit for anything else? I was think Pizza delivery, counter service or even snacks.
I'm not sure how these are tracked now. In the past we wouldn't use all of our TS credits and just use them for CS but since she is a child credit I wasn't sure.

On our last trip, we had extra TS credits for adults and 1 for a child. We were told we could convert all (including the child's) into counter service credits or 3 snacks. In the case of counter service, even the child's table service credit would be able to be used for adult or child counter service meal since those are not differentiated. At least this is what we were told. We just converted all into snack credits and brought home some bags of candy and pretzels. Not the best value, but better than wasting them.

Edit to clarify: 1 TS credit (adult or child) can be converted into 1 QS credit (can be used for adult or child meal) OR 3 snacks
1 QS credit (not differentiated between adult and child) can be converted into 3 snack credits as well.

On our last trip, we had extra TS credits for adults and 1 for a child. We were told we could convert all (including the child's) into counter service credits or 3 snacks. In the case of counter service, even the child's table service credit would be able to be used for adult or child counter service meal since those are not differentiated. At least this is what we were told. We just converted all into snack credits and brought home some bags of candy and pretzels. Not the best value, but better than wasting them.

Edit to clarify: 1 TS credit (adult or child) can be converted into 1 QS credit (can be used for adult or child meal) OR 3 snacks
1 QS credit (not differentiated between adult and child) can be converted into 3 snack credits as well.
Yep we had a ton of credits leftover that we had to downgrade to snacks! Handy souvenirs though...

We ended up with an extra TS credit last time, plus somehow an extra QS credit (I still don't know how that happened, I swear we used them all). So we stopped at the little candy shop on main street and bought a bunch of Mickey shaped delicious treats! It was our last stop before leaving Disney so it was nice to have treats to eat the next couple of days.

The only time we had leftover credits the CS at French Quarter cheerfully stocked us up on snacks for the drive home.

Don't forget you can also use snack credits for soda/water etc at the stands throughout the parks. We would always wind up with so much extra snack credits bc we used to pay out of pocket anytime we wanted a bottle of water.

If you don’t think your daughter will use the dining plan then why are you buying it. Maybe pay out of pocket for your meals that way no waste

My father in law wants to do the dining plan and is throwing some cash at everyone going so we do it. We went with free dining about 8 years ago as a group of 10 and this year we have between 14 and 18 going. His best memory is "that card for food", which was his room key. If it were just my family I would not pay for the dining plan, I've run the numbers before and for how we would normally eat it doesn't make sense, but if he's paying for it, I'm in.

Could you order an actual child meal with an otherwise unused child TS credit? Then almost immediately wrapping it up and taking it with you. A few hours later you could cut the courses into little pieces and share it all as snacks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter