Using the voucher to book a cruise

steveyjc81

DIS Veteran
Hi All,
I think Im ready to book a future cruise. I've the on board booking voucher to use. Do I have to do it over the phone, or can I book online?

Is it - Current Cruise price before taxes - 10%. Then less $250 dollars? And the deposit will be 20% of that?

Or is it Current Cruise price before taxes - 10%. The deposit of 20% will be reduced by $250

Thanks, Stevey

Unfortunately, you will have to do it over the phone. I wish it could be done online.
The $250 counts toward your 20% deposit.

You have to do it over the phone. (Or if you have a travel agent listed for your placeholder, they would need to do it.)

If your cruise is 7 nts or longer, the deposit is 10%, if it's less than 7 nts it's 20%.

You get 10% off the current cruise price (minus taxes and fees). The deposit is 10% or 20% of the discounted cruise cost--subtract the $250 from what you should owe, and that is the additional deposit you'll pay. Also...the deposit doesn't include the cost of the taxes/fees as they are subject to change.

Hi All,
I think Im ready to book a future cruise. I've the on board booking voucher to use. Do I have to do it over the phone, or can I book online?

Is it - Current Cruise price before taxes - 10%. Then less $250 dollars? And the deposit will be 20% of that?

Or is it Current Cruise price before taxes - 10%. The deposit of 20% will be reduced by $250

Thanks, Stevey

You have to call DCL, or your TA if you designated one, to book.

As for the discount and deposit calculations, we first have to define the components that go into your cruise cost:
  • Individual cruise fare - this is the fare for each guest in the cabin, for guests 1 and 2 it is the current full fare no matter their ages, for guests 3 through 5, it is a discounted tiered-cost based on guest age:
    • Guests 6 months (1 year on Transatlantic and Panama Canal itineraries) through 2 years old are the cheapest fare
    • Guests 3-12 years old are the next cheapest fare
    • Guests 13+ years old are the least cheapest fare, but still less than the current full-fare for guests 1 and 2
  • Port fees and taxes - a set amount each guests pays based on the itinerary
  • Total cruise fare - the total of the individual cruise fares for each guest in a cabin
  • Total cruises cost - the total of the total cruise fare and the port fees and taxes for each guest in a cabin
  • Deposit - the percentage of total cruise fare required to secure a reservation on a sailing (is refundable up until the DCL paid-in-full (PIF) date, unless sailing Concierge), normally 20%.
    • Port fees and taxes do not figure into you deposit amount.
To determine the impact of the 10% discount for your onboard booking benefits (not applicable to Concierge or black-out dates), to your total cruise cost and deposit:
  • Multiple your total cruise fare by 90%, this will result in your discounted cruise fare
  • Your discounted total cruise cost will be the sum of your discounted cruise plus the total of the port fees and taxes for each guest in the cabin
  • Your discounted deposit will be either:
    • For a cruise of 6-nights or fewer: your discounted cruise fare multiplied by 20%
    • For a cruise of 7-nights or longer: your discounted cruise fare multiplied by 10%
    • The amount of deposit you will need to pay is your discounted deposit less the $250 placeholder deposit
  • The remaining amount that you have to pay by your PIF date is your discounted total cruise cost less the discounted deposit amount

Thank you everyone for taking the time to reply. I understand now. I’ll give them a ring this weekend

Thanks
Steve

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter