>> Using Pools at Other Resorts: FAQ & Questions <<

I just got back from Poly, the pools were never rammed with people. A couple times I did a walk by of the quiet pool and there were only a handful of families in there.

How do they check who belongs at a pool and who doesn't? When we went to the pool no one where blinked an eye about who was there and who wasn't. Or do they only check during busy periods?

I just got back from Poly, the pools were never rammed with people. A couple times I did a walk by of the quiet pool and there were only a handful of families in there.

How do they check who belongs at a pool and who doesn't? When we went to the pool no one where blinked an eye about who was there and who wasn't. Or do they only check during busy periods?

Some pools are gated and require a magic band scan to open the gate; at other resorts, CMs can walk around and scan guests' magic bands.

Some pools are gated and require a magic band scan to open the gate; at other resorts, CMs can walk around and scan guests' magic bands.

I was at the Poly and our pool was like that with the gate.

Interesting they scan bands while in the pool.

Quick question, are you still allowed to bring your own pool floats to the quiet pools? Or is that not allowed now? Thanks in advance!

Quick question, are you still allowed to bring your own pool floats to the quiet pools? Or is that not allowed now? Thanks in advance!
I don't think they actually say no, but they tend to take up a lot of space in the pool. If there is a lifeguard near by at all, you won't be able to use your own float. Check the sign at the pool when you arrive to make sure.

We are thinking of touring the resorts and not pool hopping but pool bar hopping! Is this allowed or are the pool bars in the gated areas?

We are thinking of touring the resorts and not pool hopping but pool bar hopping! Is this allowed or are the pool bars in the gated areas?
Beach Club: outside the fence
Animal Kingdom Lodge: inside
Bay Lake Tower: inside

Sort of piggybacking off of the last post, but I fell in love with the Boardwalk pool bar (Leaping Libations?) when I walked past it last time. Unfortunately, however, Boardwalk is outside of my price range. Is it possible to grab a drink there one day if I'm not a Boardwalk guest?

Sort of piggybacking off of the last post, but I fell in love with the Boardwalk pool bar (Leaping Libations?) when I walked past it last time. Unfortunately, however, Boardwalk is outside of my price range. Is it possible to grab a drink there one day if I'm not a Boardwalk guest?
If it is outside of the gate you can get a drink there. If it is gated and the magic band is needed to open then you won't be able to get in.

Are there any restrictions at the Contemporary? I'm going to be staying there again. I love it, but the pool is underwhelming for a deluxe resort. They have one lame slide.

Are there any restrictions at the Contemporary? I'm going to be staying there again. I love it, but the pool is underwhelming for a deluxe resort. They have one lame slide.

It's limited to guests staying at the Contemporary if that's what you mean.

There are actually two pools for Contemporary guests to use. One has the slide and play area; the other is just a large square and deep in the middle. If you are staying at Bay Lake Tower, there is another pool there for the BLT guests to use.

Ok, so here is my humiliating confession. Back in 2006 my ex-wife and I pool hopped all over Walt Disney World. We carelessly strutted off the monorail directly into the Polynesian volcano pool, the Wilderness Lodge Pool the Animal Kingdom Pool and of course the Beach Club pool. I was under the impression that if you were staying on property that you had free rain of all the resorts had to offer. The saddest part is that we where so trashy looking. My 7 year old begged for a mohawk that summer and being the fun loving father that I am I not only granted his request but joined in the fun and got one to match. So here we are with our matching mohawks, swim shorts and Miller Lite teeshirts, gallivanting across WDW crashing the coolest pools in the tricounty area. To add to my chagrin, I was asked to put my teeshirt on in Captain Cooks. Ahhhh! So humiliating!

Ok, so here is my humiliating confession. Back in 2006 my ex-wife and I pool hopped all over Walt Disney World. We carelessly strutted off the monorail directly into the Polynesian volcano pool, the Wilderness Lodge Pool the Animal Kingdom Pool and of course the Beach Club pool. I was under the impression that if you were staying on property that you had free rain of all the resorts had to offer. The saddest part is that we where so trashy looking. My 7 year old begged for a mohawk that summer and being the fun loving father that I am I not only granted his request but joined in the fun and got one to match. So here we are with our matching mohawks, swim shorts and Miller Lite teeshirts, gallivanting across WDW crashing the coolest pools in the tricounty area. To add to my chagrin, I was asked to put my teeshirt on in Captain Cooks. Ahhhh! So humiliating!

:rotfl:

This is an oddly specific question, but I'm doing a split-stay and I'm wondering how my magic band will handle my moving day. I'm guessing that I'll maintain access to the pool at my first hotel (even after I've checked out) up until I check into the second hotel. I'm also guessing that I'll gain access to the second pool as soon as I check in (even if I don't have a room yet) and will immediately lose access to the first hotel. Is that pretty much how it works? Thanks!

Don't you have two bands? We have had different sets for our past 3 split stays. Our bands for first hotel stayed active all day, we didn't switch over until late in the day. Once our first set was fine for the next resorts, and twice we had to switch to band set # 2.

This is an oddly specific question, but I'm doing a split-stay and I'm wondering how my magic band will handle my moving day. I'm guessing that I'll maintain access to the pool at my first hotel (even after I've checked out) up until I check into the second hotel. I'm also guessing that I'll gain access to the second pool as soon as I check in (even if I don't have a room yet) and will immediately lose access to the first hotel. Is that pretty much how it works? Thanks!

Don't you have two bands? We have had different sets for our past 3 split stays. Our bands for first hotel stayed active all day, we didn't switch over until late in the day. Once our first set was fine for the next resorts, and twice we had to switch to band set # 2.
Unless you have different MDE accounts set up for each of your stays, with different profiles for each person, once a band is attached to you, it's good for all your stays. My family has bands from our last trip in 2015, and if I want to use them on my upcoming trip, I can.

@wickedgood as a guest of each hotel on your switch day, you'll be allowed to access to both hotel's pools all day.

Unless you have different MDE accounts set up for each of your stays, with different profiles for each person, once a band is attached to you, it's good for all your stays. My family has bands from our last trip in 2015, and if I want to use them on my upcoming trip, I can.

@wickedgood as a guest of each hotel on your switch day, you'll be allowed to access to both hotel's pools all day.

Great, thanks! I haven't received any magic bands yet (still a couple months out) but was only planning on using one. I just wanted to make sure that I'd have access to the Polynesian pool first thing in the morning on my switch day, and it sounds like I should. I can only afford one night there so I want to make the most of it! Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter