>> Using Pools at Other Resorts: FAQ & Questions <<

I just was at Disney in May '16 and when riding the boat from Contemporary to FW on our way to Trail's End, the boat captain was talking to another passenger. The captain literally wouldn't stop talking about how the guests at FW could use the Poly or Contemporary pools because the FW pools were basically lame compared to the rest of the resorts. The passenger asked him repeatedly if that was really true that they could use the other 2 pools as well and the captain kept saying absolutely. But now that we ourselves have booked the FW Cabins, I can't find that to be true anywhere on paper or even in chat with Dis cast members. I'm sure in his experience he thought this was the official story but it sure doesn't look that way.

Unfortunately, that boat captain was giving out some very bad information.

Bus drivers and boat captains are as bad as phone CMs when it comes to incorrect information.

Thank you for posting this thread! I have never thought to even ask to use another resort pools especially when signs are posted for resort guests only. My thoughts are that the guests are paying for the exclusive right to swim at their resort's pool(s). I do understand inquiring if your pool is closed during your stay as we were able to use SAB at Beach Club a few years ago when the BWV pool was closed for refurbishment.

Strangest thing...we had a CL stay booked for the GF, and with it, we had reserved a few days of pool cabanas. Then we switched resorts, to Poly CL. When they sent our family itinerary over, it still had the pool cabana reservations on there for the GF as still being confirmed. When I asked them about it, since pool cabanas are supposed to be for guests of those resorts only, they told me they checked with the recreation dept and we could keep the cabana reservations if we choose to do so. Huh? We are guests at the Poly. How can we reserve and use pool cabanas at the GF if we aren't staying there? So weird. I told them to go ahead and cancel them, because we just use the pool at our own resort, but I thought it was odd.

My nephew has just found out a teen he met on cruise last year will be coming over for the day while we are at BC to see him. They will probably go to a park (walk into Epcot) but may want to use the pool. I can't add the friend to our reservation because we already have 5 people. Is it possible she can join him at SAB? I don't want him to be embarrassed if he asks and the answer will almost definitely be no. I know it isn't the best thing to do but hypothetically, if I were to give this friend one of my MBs, would she be able to access SAB that way? TIA for not judging the question too harshly! (This is a teen who has had a very tough year emotionally so this meet up is a huge big deal for him and I want him to have a day that's stress-free!)

If they track the magic bands like they do at the theme parks, an extra band would already show up as being used. You might be able to use the Dunes Cove pool without much of a problem.

But, ultimately, you already know the rules at SAB.

? I would give up my spot at the pool for her and give her my band. Anyway, yes they can always use the quiet pools for sure.

Do the Art of Animation Resort pools fall under the "All-Star Resorts" category? We are staying at the All-Star Sports resort in September and had talked about going to the Art of Animation pool area one evening if it is allowed. My DH and I stayed at AoA on our last trip and loved it! My husband's parents are coming with us and have never seen that resort so we wanted to check it out with them.

Do the Art of Animation Resort pools fall under the "All-Star Resorts" category? We are staying at the All-Star Sports resort in September and had talked about going to the Art of Animation pool area one evening if it is allowed. My DH and I stayed at AoA on our last trip and loved it! My husband's parents are coming with us and have never seen that resort so we wanted to check it out with them.

No

No, only the pools at the All-Star resorts are shared among All-Star resort guests. The Art of Animation pools may only be used by guests of the Art of Animation. The main pool is gated, and a magic band coded to AoA guests must be used to open the gate.

At AoA do they check every family member's band? Or just the person who opens the gate? Even kids?

At AoA do they check every family member's band? Or just the person who opens the gate? Even kids?
Yes. Any pool that requires you have an ID for that resort requires everyone aged three and older to have one.

we are staying at BC this trip.. We normally stay at the boardwalk. Any chance we can swim a Boardwalk. love this pool
If you are a DVC member staying on a points reservation, you can swim at the BW pool. But if you are not a DVC member staying on points at BCV or BC, you cannot swim at BW pool.

Thanks for the info, we never have time to swim when we go. But it is nice to know the ruls.

If you are a DVC member staying on a points reservation, you can swim at the BW pool. But if you are not a DVC member staying on points at BCV or BC, you cannot swim at BW pool.
I am renting points the 2nd half of the trip at WLV - so does that mean I can use Poly pool?

I am renting points the 2nd half of the trip at WLV - so does that mean I can use Poly pool?
And, even if you are a DVC member and "renting" a reservation from another member, you are not considered staying on your points for that trip. So no hopping.

Plus there is no hopping to the Polynesian pools for anyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!